The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The JL movie IS too soon. they need at least 2 movies after BvS before they jump to JL, which i think is what they're going to do

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Zack Snyder Defends Aquaman On Radio
http://www.thecomicbookcast.com/zack-snyder-defends-aquaman-on-radio/

Zack Snyder says:

“You guys were disparaging, a little bit, Aquaman…I don’t want to give anything away about the movie or anything like that but Aquaman has some cool abilities. People are like, “Oh what? Does he talk to animals? Cause that seems like what he does. Or fish?” The cool thing with Aquaman is he’s Triton so you have to realize that could cut the flesh of Superman if they came in contact. That’s a thing that’s in the canon. He’s super strong cause of course he can exist at these super deep depths so when he comes up here he’s crazy strong. Anyway, not to say he’s in my movie or anything like that but he has the potential to be bad ass, that’s all I’m saying.”
1712472782TheBestLaughTheWordHasEverSeen.gif

Aquaman from Justice League Flashpoint was pretty good.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The closest he came was acknowleding in a March interview with Total Film magazine that he and director Zack Snyder didn't see eye to eye on how Batman should be approached.

“Me and Zack had a conversation about it,” Brolin explained at the time, “and there were several reasons why we said it wasn’t the best idea on both sides. I had mine and Zack had his.”

He seemed to suggest that Snyder's take on the character was a bit too "cool" for him, valuing big moments and clever lines. That wouldn't be too far off-target, given the fact that Snyder has repeatedly cited Frank Miller's Batman, who enjoyed a little of that style depiction, as his muse.

In a new interview with IGN, though, Brolin takes what's pretty transparently a pot shot at Snyder's past as a music video director, suggesting that Marvel's movies are better because their filmmakers are more focused on substance than style.

"First and foremost, I have a really good friend who I've known for years who's the co-president of Marvel, Louis D'Esposito.I knew Louis as a first AD, and he's the one who initially called me, and then [producer] Jeremy Latcham. Then I talked to Kevin Feige, ultimately," Brolin explained. "But there's something about them that's so insular and so geeky and so real. I loved it -- because I've turned down a lot of those types of movies. Not Marvel, but I've turned down a lot of those types of movies. When they started telling me the story about them getting together in Palm Springs, nine of them flipping burgers and talking about what Thanos was going to do and going, 'What do you think?' like, 'Captain America's going to show up here!' Then, 'Oh my God, what if the Hulk came in at that point?' and all that -- I love that s--t. I love it, because those guys are absolutely saturated with that world, and they love story. Another thing that I really loved is, they said that they didn't use directors that did music videos and all that in the past. They would always look for people who had done stories. If you look at James Gunn's oeuvre, he's done even web series, but they're all stories."

Zack Snyder, of course, got his start doing music videos for Soul Asylum, Morrissey and others. He hasn't done them regularly since he got his feature film break in Dawn of the Dead (written by Gunn, ironically enough), but he returned to the form in 2009 to direct My Chemical Romance's "Desolation Row" music video for Watchmen.

While top Marvel management has typically remained respectful of the competition, both at Warner/DC and otherwise, actors seem to have a bit looser rein to take their shots. During the Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice/Captain America 3 release date kerfuffle that finally wrapped up yesterday, Anthony Mackie repeatedly took pot shots at the other film, although his seemed mostly to be in the spirit of good-natured carnival barking, where Brolin's comments here seem to indicate a real frustration with Warners' approach.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/0...on-villain-josh-brolin-takes-a-none-too-subt/

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

He full of shyt. You can't compare the two. Guardians aren't really super hero's in the sense of a superman. They are a group that came together and are a team and will always be a team. You will never get solo movies with the characters by themselves. Superman is a solo character first and can carry a movie by himself. Avengers come together when their needed. When its a foe that's so powerful it takes all of them.

I stopped listening after the first 30 seconds.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
He full of shyt. You can't compare the two. Guardians aren't really super hero's in the sense of a superman. They are a group that came together and are a team and will always be a team. You will never get solo movies with the characters by themselves. Superman is a solo character first and can carry a movie by himself. Avengers come together when their needed. When its a foe that's so powerful it takes all of them.

I stopped listening after the first 30 seconds.

Or when it's a generic looking alien race in sea doos that can be killed by an archer with stock footage of city destruction from transformers 3.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I swear one could empty the Dead Sea and refill it with Prodigal Syndicate's salty tears of fury. :ohlawd:
And one could fill up the entire galaxy with all the sweat you marvel stans leak while caping for your Disney sitcoms.

You dudes literally cannot stand anyone taking shots at Marvel :mjlol:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
And one could fill up the entire galaxy with all the sweat you marvel stans leak while caping for your Disney sitcoms.

You dudes literally cannot stand anyone taking shots at Marvel :mjlol:

This is the Batman V Superman thread though, how sad do you have to be to bring that Marvel hate in here. :troll:

Especially since I remember some of you dudes complaining we brought up our criticisms Man Of Steel in this thread despite this being a direct sequel. :youngsabo:

tumblr_n9qivpe2DC1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This is the Batman V Superman thread though, how sad do you have to be to bring that Marvel hate in here. :troll:

Especially since I remember some of you dudes complaining we brought up our criticisms Man Of Steel in this thread despite this being a direct sequel. :youngsabo:

tumblr_n9qivpe2DC1tq4of6o1_500.gif
Chin checking marvel stans keeps my teeth white.

Let me cook breh.
happily-cooking_482.gif

In the meantime shield should send for some former olympic archers for their next great villain :lolbron:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Marvel should of moved GoTG date cause seems like they strugglin to beat Michael Bays turtles :heh:
giphy.gif

Remember when asm 2 got knocked out of the #1 spot in its second week and the disney stans squeeled with delight calling it a flop because it didnt get #1 again?

If turtles knocks it off i got a thread cooking for em. I aint the source but i got them quotables on deck :shaq: