The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You also have to keep in what I've said a few times. A lot of people are going to be holding batman, superman and Wonder Woman to higher standards. Even people who aren't big fans of these characters.

MoS being rated lower than IM2 and 3(he gets saved by his chick:francis: the mandarin :francis:) and Thor 1 and 2 shows this.

I still love Iron Man 3 and I stand by that but i hear your point breh. Hear it completely

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Well it's gotta do well here and then really well overseas.
its making at least 300+mil first week worldwide with it releasing at the same time everywhere.....bat stans will make it reach close to a billy by the middle of april :pachaha:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If im3 wasn't an iron man movie and instead just an action movie with Paltrow and Rdj I could've liked it.

Dc ain't getting away with the shyt Im3 got away with

They might with Aquaman. The beauty of Aqua man is that james wan is a critical darling and aqua man is essentially an unknown character in the same way iron man was in 08. So you can do kinda what you want with him. I also think the other issue is, Zack Snyder isn't exactly well loved lol

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
tumblr_o2e3xh9XVw1v0owm7o1_500.gif

tumblr_o2e3xh9XVw1v0owm7o2_500.gif

tumblr_o2e3xh9XVw1v0owm7o3_500.gif

tumblr_mejb95uzuC1ru3fl1.gif

The look of the struggle on Supes face when he blocks it ..

I wonder if that bullet or whatever he caught was kryponite laced and went in Supes blood stream

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That's what they said in the video breh, I'm directly quoting them. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm more so just amazed and continuously amazed at these balance sheets of studios now. a movie has to make a billion dollars for cats to keep their jobs. just to keep their jobs they have to make about 4x the overall budget (which includes promotion and the theater chains getting their cut)

Remind me who this Drew guy is again. I somehow made it through the video despite wanting to turn it off after hearing his loud ass breathing into the mic five seconds in and I'm still like 'Whatever'. Anyway, I'm not sure where you get the idea of making 4x times the overall budget. The movie's probably like 250 to 300 million and marketing is reported at 150 million, so going by ye olde 'Making twice the budget at the box office' this would definitely have to pull 900 million at the very least, but as I've explained months ago in the Mad Max thread, these supposed "knowledgeable" insiders are always ignoring the franchise money. The toys they're gonna sell of this shyt is gonna make waves on WB's bank accounts. Remember back in that thread about Sony leaks they had those shytty ass powerpoints of movies like After Earth and Spider-Man and they all put huge emphasis on merchandise because that's where a big bulk of the actual profit comes from.

You know why the Halo movie Peter Jackson was developing with Neill Blomkamp never happened? The biggest deal breaker was that Microsoft wasn't going to share the merchandise rights with the studio, which meant the only profit the studio would've made was of the movie itself and that was considered too big of a monetary risk. One of the big reasons James Bond movies still exist is pretty much because a huge part of the budget is covered by sponsorship deals.

If you then take into consideration that Hollywood accounting still exists, these studios make far more money than they want to make you think they do. That's why statements like 'It needs to do a billion' are ludicrous. Sure, it's important that the movie still makes a lot of money, but only someone completely oblivious to the Hollywood system (aka these faux-pas experts) will say something as utterly stupid as that.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Remind me who this Drew guy is again. I somehow made it through the video despite wanting to turn it off after hearing his loud ass breathing into the mic five seconds in and I'm still like 'Whatever'. Anyway, I'm not sure where you get the idea of making 4x times the overall budget. The movie's probably like 250 to 300 million and marketing is reported at 150 million, so going by ye olde 'Making twice the budget at the box office' this would definitely have to pull 900 million at the very least, but as I've explained months ago in the Mad Max thread, these supposed "knowledgeable" insiders are always ignoring the franchise money. The toys they're gonna sell of this shyt is gonna make waves on WB's bank accounts. Remember back in that thread about Sony leaks they had those shytty ass powerpoints of movies like After Earth and Spider-Man and they all put huge emphasis on merchandise because that's where a big bulk of the actual profit comes from.

You know why the Halo movie Peter Jackson was developing with Neill Blomkamp never happened? The biggest deal breaker was that Microsoft wasn't going to share the merchandise rights with the studio, which meant the only profit the studio would've made was of the movie itself and that was considered too big of a monetary risk. One of the big reasons James Bond movies still exist is pretty much because a huge part of the budget is covered by sponsorship deals.

If you then take into consideration that Hollywood accounting still exists, these studios make far more money than they want to make you think they do. That's why statements like 'It needs to do a billion' are ludicrous. Sure, it's important that the movie still makes a lot of money, but only someone completely oblivious to the Hollywood system (aka these faux-pas experts) will say something as utterly stupid as that.

Drew started at AICN and has been on the scene for a while so he's a respected journalist. So if he says they're worried then i believe him that they're worried. I just don't think their worries are well-founded but we'll see. I think it's just execs being execs.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
This is Batman and Superman on the bigscreen at the same time for the first time ever evvvvvv'erryrryone that likes comic book movies is seeing this shyt. If transformers can be as trash as it is and Michael Bay still dropping billie from those movies back to back to back this Will do BANK!Avengers dropped a billie and that was the first time for them even though in phase 1 Cap and Thor didn't do as much as Man of Steel did when it dropped. Trust me it'll be fine :ehh::whew::banderas: