The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
What if Batman's vision isn't one big scene, but broken into pieces throughout the movie, like maybe 3 scenes total.

In the first, we see him going against the Krytonazis, where he's captured. Then, we get the Superman interrogation, which sets him off more than anything in his real life. Then after he squashes the beef with Superman, and thinks all is well... only to have the final vision come to him, but only see his facial reaction, not the dream itself.

Then he wakes up like "It... it wasn't Superman at all, Alfred. It's something... someone else".

:damn:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Zack Snyder Asked Christopher Nolan for His Blessing
xRaNSND.jpg

The last time Batman appeared on the big screen was by way of Christian Bale in Christopher Nolan’s iconic trilogy. These films left such a mark on our culture that even Zack Snyder, when realizing he wanted to pit The Dark Knight against Superman in the Man of Steel sequel, went to ask Nolan for his blessing.

Speaking to Empire for its latest Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice issue, Snyder recounted this interaction. “You tell me if you don’t want me to do it,” the director told Nolan, who responded, “Well, we don’t own these characters. When you’re done making Batman movies, someone else will [make them].” That’s not the best way of offering a stamp of approval, but, as Snyder continued, “I think he found it a little bit hard. I would feel the same way.”

Nolan, who told The Daily Beast in 2014 that he’s done directing superhero movies, also explained that he’s involved with Batman v Superman only “in an advisory capacity as an executive producer.” Despite what Snyder said he thinks Nolan feels about the sequel, the Interstellar filmmaker praised the casting of Ben Affleck and told USA Today that he’ll be “the first in line to see what they’ve done.”

Batman vs Superman: Does Christopher Nolan Approve?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Zack Snyder Asked Christopher Nolan for His Blessing
xRaNSND.jpg

Nolan, who told The Daily Beast in 2014 that he’s done directing superhero movies, also explained that he’s involved with Batman v Superman only “in an advisory capacity as an executive producer.”
oh no that's not good, that's what ruined man of steel. The fuk does he need nolan's blessing for? did he pen a comic or something? If batfleck is based on the dark knight returns era wouldn't he want Miller's blessing? :why:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Here is something from teh Empire magazine story that seems to have gotten folks online all bothered:

Is Batman A Killer In 'Batman v Superman'?
csRLFZa.jpg

In the Gotham City of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Ben Affleck's nighttime crime fighter is as much Judge Dredd as Dark Knight, with one of the movie's producers revealing that he'll take a much harder stance in his war on crime than is traditional.

As producer Charles Roven told Empire, Affleck's Batman "is not giving people a chance" in the new movie. "He is more than a vigilante," he explained. "He has become not only the cop, if you will, he has also become the jury and executioner."

Executioner? That's a significant change from the regular Batman mythos where Bruce Wayne's caped alter-ego is sworn to protect all life, even if it'd make more sense to let some villains die. That's not to say that the comic book Batman has never killed — in his earliest appearances, especially, the character was surprisingly eager to help foes meet grisly ends — but his unwillingness to cross the line in general has allowed for characters such as the Joker and Ra's Al Ghul to return in multiple storylines.

Roven said that the change in Affleck's Batman comes from bitter experience. "He's seen the worst of what man can do," he said. "He's been darkened by it, he's tougher, he's angrier, I guess." While he wouldn't go into details about what, exactly, defines "the worst of what man can do," Roven did tease that this Batman has "lost those that are near and dear to him, and not necessarily from old age or disease."

'Batman v Superman': The New Dark Knight Is a Killer, Says Producer

So what do you think? Did Roven misspeak or is Batfleck going to be dropping bodies?
giphy.gif

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Batman has always been a character that was just a borderline away from being a criminal he sworn to get rid of. He doesn't kill but he does as much infliction on criminals as he can up to point of killing them. The movies so far has had batman being portrayed as some sort of unofficial vigilante cop siding with the police. The only cop batman remotely fukks with is Gordon. The only thing batman does is apprehend the criminals for the police. I hope they show batman in this upcoming movie breaking criminals arms and knocking they teeth out. Batman is not a nice guy and he shouldn't be portrayed as such.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Batman has always been a character that was just a borderline away from being a criminal he sworn to get rid of. He doesn't kill but he does as much infliction on criminals as he can up to point of killing them. The movies so far has had batman being portrayed as some sort of unofficial vigilante cop siding with the police. The only cop batman remotely fukks with is Gordon. The only thing batman does is apprehend the criminals for the police. I hope they show batman in this upcoming movie breaking criminals arms and knocking they teeth out. Batman is not a nice guy and he shouldn't be portrayed as such.
WB might not allow it because it's Batman and the movie's PG-13, but I hope Snyder goes full on Watchmen with him