The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Except that's incredibly lazy and a cop out. When people bring up The Avengers eating shawarma an hour after an alien invasion and the possible nuking of a major U.S city(all of which accounted for civilian casualties), stans rebuttal with how they did a quick shot about the news brining up casualties. That's lazy and Snyder is calling that out. We've grown up watching mass destruction in comic books and animated series get completely glossed over. Now we're about to get a whole movie about it. Superman taking a look around and being like "shyt, breh:whoo:" does not give any real gravitas to what just went down. Real lives were just lost. Real lives have been affected forever. A quick shot of him being taken aback by all the destruction while we go into the next movie and start fukking shyt up again without missing a beat does nothing to address what Snyder said about the actions of super heroes having real consequences. MoS was the cause. Batman vs. Superman is going to be the effect. And about him kissing Lois: people finding romantic comfort right after a disaster is nothing new in life or in movies.

The sad thing is, besides the cats that just didn't want to like the movie, I think MoS made some really lame individuals feel genuinely uncomfortable. I can see kids feeling this way, but a lot of adults don't want their superhero movies to be adult or realistic. They don't want to think about the fact that innocent people die in the hundreds when gods are duking it out. They wanna eat their popcorn while wearing a t-shirt with a superhero logo on it and go "Oh shyt:ooh:" during action scenes. I remember the gripes about Pa Kent. To me he was a trill ass character. He reminded me of Joel from The Last of Us. Joel cared more about Ellie living than he did about the fate of mankind. No parent is putting the good of the world over their kid. That's some idealistic shyt that doesn't fly in the real world. Him telling Clark maybe he should have let that school bus full of kids die was realistic as hell. Mind you, he says "maybe". He's conflicted about the shyt too. He doesn't want his kid to be put in harms way or become some sort of lab experiment for the government (if you've seen Flashpoint Paradox, that is a possibility). Does it sound horrible? Of course it does. But those of you with kids, tell me you wouldn't react the same way. He's raised his kid to be a good person and that's reflected in the fact that he doesn't destroy those kids bullying him and that he saves the school bus, but Pa Kent's first priority is protecting his son. Same with Martha telling Clark he doesn't owe this world a thing in the trailers for the new movie. That's her son way before he's a superhero. shyt like that makes overgrown kids uncomfortable. Let's not make Tony Stark a raging, alcoholic, fukk up. Let's make him a debonair party boy with commitment issues. When The Hulk loses control (Banner's greatest fear), we're not gonna have him actually rip an innocent person in half or punch Black Widow's head into the stratosphere. He'll just scare the shyt out of people before he regains his composure. Why not? Because laughs and dude bro moments are what sell comic book movies, not the real life consequences of unfettered power.
Powerful post. You summed it perfect.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
compare a fight against an army which included multiple big ass ships to a fight between supes and a handful of goons brehs.....oh and lets not forget that the zod and supes fight started in the cornfields but then supes decides to fly tackle zod AAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL the way into town :mjlol:
Posts like that is why nikkas can't take you clowns seriously :mjlol:

To reinterate that nikka orbath
Cool, I tend to just let it slide when you say this cause I think it's a bit nitpicky and don't feel like addressing it. A big part of this movie is Clark not being perfect and not even necessarily being a hero yet. We see him angry in this movie at times; we're not use to that from Superman. The scene you're talking about happens right after he saves Lois from crashing in the pod from space. He hears Zod and his lieutenants interrogating his mom and even putting hands on her and leaves Lois in a cornfield and flies off. He's pissed off and all he cares about is protecting his mother. He's not flying over there to kindly ask Zod to leave his mother alone. He's there to fukk him up and get him away from her. He's angry. He's enraged, and he honestly doesn't care about anything but protecting his mom at that specific point. Just like Pa Kent's feelings about Clark revealing himself, that's a very relatable human emotion/reaction. By the time Zod's lieutenants arrive and start fighting him he's regained his composure and starts telling people to get inside and that it's not safe. Too late obviously, but he realizes the danger he's put them in. In that moment of rage he felt when Zod was hurting his mother, strategy, planning and reason went out of the window. He was straight berserker mode. I think it directly correlates to him letting his dad die earlier in the movie. It's jarring and uncomfortable to those who are so wrapped up in the boy scout they grown up with but it's a very real reaction.

A valid point you could make is how is it smart to leave her there with the other Kryptonians. I'd have no problem saying that's a legit writing oversight. That said, Zod gives the orders, those two don't just do shyt on their own. They follow Zod where he goes. Plus the codex wasn't on the farm so they had no reason to stay. They could have taken Martha hostage, but they valued getting Zod back more.

Chef

All Star
Daps
This MoS talk got me excited about Clark's narrative in BvS.:ehh: Ma Kent saying the world doesn't owe you anything did stand out. There is a chance for some great dialogue here, watch your son save the world but still gets hounded by haters. Some people don't like that abuse of power.:mjpls:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
For the most part Zod was dictating the pace of the fight. It was he who was throwing Superman through buildings. But fukk that,

they have no problem finishing their meal do they? They were real hurt by all those bodies getting dropped... :sas2:

You gotta eat

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Cool, I tend to just let it slide when you say this cause I think it's a bit nitpicky and don't feel like addressing it. A big part of this movie is Clark not being perfect and not even necessarily being a hero yet. We see him angry in this movie at times; we're not use to that from Superman. The scene you're talking about happens right after he saves Lois from crashing in the pod from space. He hears Zod and his lieutenants interrogating his mom and even putting hands on her and leaves Lois in a cornfield and flies off. He's pissed off and all he cares about is protecting his mother. He's not flying over there to kindly ask Zod to leave his mother alone. He's there to fukk him up and get him away from her. He's angry. He's enraged, and he honestly doesn't care about anything but protecting his mom at that specific point. Just like Pa Kent's feelings about Clark revealing himself, that's a very relatable human emotion/reaction. By the time Zod's lieutenants arrive and start fighting him he's regained his composure and starts telling people to get inside and that it's not safe. Too late obviously, but he realizes the danger he's put them in. In that moment of rage he felt when Zod was hurting his mother, strategy, planning and reason went out of the window. He was straight berserker mode. I think it directly correlates to him letting his dad die earlier in the movie. It's jarring and uncomfortable to those who are so wrapped up in the boy scout they grown up with but it's a very real reaction.

A valid point you could make is how is it smart to leave her there with the other Kryptonians. I'd have no problem saying that's a legit writing oversight. That said, Zod gives the orders, those two don't just do shyt on their own. They follow Zod where he goes. Plus the codex wasn't on the farm so they had no reason to stay. They could have taken Martha hostage, but they valued getting Zod back more.

You know I could pick this whole post apart, just like I could pick that other big post apart, but let's be frank, with statements like this:

The sad thing is, besides the cats that just didn't want to like the movie, I think MoS made some really lame individuals feel genuinely uncomfortable. I can see kids feeling this way, but a lot of adults don't want their superhero movies to be adult or realistic.

What's the point even? That statement is the epitome of being a lame individual yourself because you make assumptions about the viewers in order to dismiss their opinions. You can do better than that but I guess it's just easier to assume that everyone who dislikes the movie is wrong. But this isn't Mad Max: Fury Road where people who dislike the movie are definitely wrong. This is MoS which is an awful movie where the people who dislike it are right. That's the fact of the matter, regardless of how you want to spin it.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
You know I could pick this whole post apart, just like I could pick that other big post apart, but let's be frank, with statements like this:

What's the point even? That statement is the epitome of being a lame individual yourself because you make assumptions about the viewers in order to dismiss their opinions. You can do better than that but I guess it's just easier to assume that everyone who dislikes the movie is wrong. But this isn't Mad Max: Fury Road where people who dislike the movie are definitely wrong. This is MoS which is an awful movie where the people who dislike it are right. That's the fact of the matter, regardless of how you want to spin it.
How about this: instead of telling me you can pick a post apart...pick the post apart. Miss me with the passive aggressiveness. I'm not going to take the easy bait of calling you out with the Mad Max point. Pick my post apart. It's a damn blizzard outchea, so I'm not doing anything for the next 24 hrs:yeshrug:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
How about this: instead of telling me you can pick a post apart...pick the post apart. Miss me with the passive aggressiveness. I'm not going to take the easy bait of calling you out with the Mad Max point. Pick my post apart. It's a damn blizzard outchea, so I'm not doing anything for the next 24 hrs:yeshrug:

Ah, such a shame. Even after I made it my underlining point?

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:mjlol:Make your point or don't

My point is I'm not going to debate this again when every time I do, people start bytching about how I'm repeating myself or beating a dead horse or whatever, even if they themselves are the ones instigating the argument. So I'm going to be the bigger man and say, nah. You are cool with all that bullshyt in MoS? Fine, I'm cool with thinking it's all a bunch of bullshyt, the end. See you in March.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Posts like that is why nikkas can't take you clowns seriously :mjlol:

To reinterate that nikka orbath
yea yall can bring up the amateur stuff all u want but nobody with even an inkling of a cot dayum brain takes a fight from the middle of nowhere to a heavily populated area to have a fight with a dude that doesnt even feel when u hit him with a support beam.....i like the movie and all but im not making dissertations to prove that some shyt thats dumb isnt dumb

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
yea yall can bring up the amateur stuff all u want but nobody with even an inkling of a cot dayum brain takes a fight from the middle of nowhere to a heavily populated area to have a fight with a dude that doesnt even feel when u hit him with a support beam.....i like the movie and all but im not making dissertations to prove that some shyt thats dumb isnt dumb
Yeah just shut the fukk yo and say you can't understand or relate to real human emotions :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
My point is I'm not going to debate this again when every time I do, people start bytching about how I'm repeating myself or beating a dead horse or whatever, even if they themselves are the ones instigating the argument. So I'm going to be the bigger man and say, nah. You are cool with all that bullshyt in MoS? Fine, I'm cool with thinking it's all a bunch of bullshyt, the end. See you in March.
What you mean is everything we thoroughly countered your dumb ass point you ran away only to come back in this thread with the same dumb ass poitns. Stop it slime we don't believe you to be a man with normal T counts anyway:umad: