The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Nope lets ignore the comics when its convenient
Again, looking back on it I understood why MOS did what it did.

However, the glossing over it was a problem. Which is more of a Snyder issue than his Superman issue.

Just show a quick scene of Clark being taken aback by all the destruction in city....BEFORE he goes over to kiss Lois.

After killing Zod, have them walk outside together and a bit sad that all this has happened. Not thinking its his fault of course, but wishing he could have prevented it.

Either in editing it or Snyder just not letting the camera linger a bit could have eased some of the fallback.

But we get a movie addressing those issues so its :manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
well thats what marvel is about to do considering this:
latest

is what ACTUALLY started Civil War :francis:

gotta show the destruction man. Can't cop out

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Again, looking back on it I understood why MOS did what it did.

However, the glossing over it was a problem. Which is more of a Snyder issue than his Superman issue.

Just show a quick scene of Clark being taken aback by all the destruction in city....BEFORE he goes over to kiss Lois.

After killing Zod, have them walk outside together and a bit sad that all this has happened. Not thinking its his fault of course, but wishing he could have prevented it.

Either in editing it or Snyder just not letting the camera linger a bit could have eased some of the fallback.

But we get a movie addressing those issues so its :manny:

Yeah I get it would've been cool if he said "But Zod, the people!" but it didn't happen

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
fukk is you talkin about. IDGAF about your views but i dare you to talk about 'what type of black are you' to my face and get an unfriendly fade.

use slurs online but be a turtle in real life type guy
Clearly you never heard if the geto boys or scarface before, now calling a dude "black" is keyboard warrioresque? :mjlol:The post wasn't even sent your way but you are gettin emotional, now you want to fabricate assumptions and talk tough like a cac that just watched wire :camby:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Just show a quick scene of Clark being taken aback by all the destruction in city
Except that's incredibly lazy and a cop out. When people bring up The Avengers eating shawarma an hour after an alien invasion and the possible nuking of a major U.S city(all of which accounted for civilian casualties), stans rebuttal with how they did a quick shot about the news brining up casualties. That's lazy and Snyder is calling that out. We've grown up watching mass destruction in comic books and animated series get completely glossed over. Now we're about to get a whole movie about it. Superman taking a look around and being like "shyt, breh:whoo:" does not give any real gravitas to what just went down. Real lives were just lost. Real lives have been affected forever. A quick shot of him being taken aback by all the destruction while we go into the next movie and start fukking shyt up again without missing a beat does nothing to address what Snyder said about the actions of super heroes having real consequences. MoS was the cause. Batman vs. Superman is going to be the effect. And about him kissing Lois: people finding romantic comfort right after a disaster is nothing new in life or in movies.

The sad thing is, besides the cats that just didn't want to like the movie, I think MoS made some really lame individuals feel genuinely uncomfortable. I can see kids feeling this way, but a lot of adults don't want their superhero movies to be adult or realistic. They don't want to think about the fact that innocent people die in the hundreds when gods are duking it out. They wanna eat their popcorn while wearing a t-shirt with a superhero logo on it and go "Oh shyt:ooh:" during action scenes. I remember the gripes about Pa Kent. To me he was a trill ass character. He reminded me of Joel from The Last of Us. Joel cared more about Ellie living than he did about the fate of mankind. No parent is putting the good of the world over their kid. That's some idealistic shyt that doesn't fly in the real world. Him telling Clark maybe he should have let that school bus full of kids die was realistic as hell. Mind you, he says "maybe". He's conflicted about the shyt too. He doesn't want his kid to be put in harms way or become some sort of lab experiment for the government (if you've seen Flashpoint Paradox, that is a possibility). Does it sound horrible? Of course it does. But those of you with kids, tell me you wouldn't react the same way. He's raised his kid to be a good person and that's reflected in the fact that he doesn't destroy those kids bullying him and that he saves the school bus, but Pa Kent's first priority is protecting his son. Same with Martha telling Clark he doesn't owe this world a thing in the trailers for the new movie. That's her son way before he's a superhero. shyt like that makes overgrown kids uncomfortable. Let's not make Tony Stark a raging, alcoholic, fukk up. Let's make him a debonair party boy with commitment issues. When The Hulk loses control (Banner's greatest fear), we're not gonna have him actually rip an innocent person in half or punch Black Widow's head into the stratosphere. He'll just scare the shyt out of people before he regains his composure. Why not? Because laughs and dude bro moments are what sell comic book movies, not the real life consequences of unfettered power.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Except that's incredibly lazy and a cop out. When people bring up The Avengers eating shawarma an hour after an alien invasion and the possible nuking of a major U.S city(all of which accounted for civilian casualties), stans rebuttal with how they did a quick shot about the news brining up casualties. That's lazy and Snyder is calling that out. We've grown up watching mass destruction in comic books and animated series get completely glossed over. Now we're about to get a whole movie about it. Superman taking a look around and being like "shyt, breh:whoo:" does not give any real gravitas to what just went down. Real lives were just lost. Real lives have been affected forever. A quick shot of him being taken aback by all the destruction while we go into the next movie and start fukking shyt up again without missing a beat does nothing to address what Snyder said about the actions of super heroes having real consequences. MoS was the cause. Batman vs. Superman is going to be the effect. And about him kissing Lois: people finding romantic comfort right after a disaster is nothing new in life or in movies.

The sad thing is, besides the cats that just didn't want to like the movie, I think MoS made some really lame individuals feel genuinely uncomfortable. I can see kids feeling this way, but a lot of adults don't want their superhero movies to be adult or realistic. They don't want to think about the fact that innocent people die in the hundreds when gods are duking it out. They wanna eat their popcorn while wearing a t-shirt with a superhero logo on it and go "Oh shyt:ooh:" during action scenes. I remember the gripes about Pa Kent. To me he was a trill ass character. He reminded me of Joel from The Last of Us. Joel cared more about Ellie living than he did about the fate of mankind. No parent is putting the good of the world over their kid. That's some idealistic shyt that doesn't fly in the real world. Him telling Clark maybe he should have let that school bus full of kids die was realistic as hell. Mind you, he says "maybe". He's conflicted about the shyt too. He doesn't want his kid to be put in harms way or become some sort of lab experiment for the government (if you've seen Flashpoint Paradox, that is a possibility). Does it sound horrible? Of course it does. But those of you with kids, tell me you wouldn't react the same way. He's raised his kid to be a good person and that's reflected in the fact that he doesn't destroy those kids bullying him and that he saves the school bus, but Pa Kent's first priority is protecting his son. Same with Martha telling Clark he doesn't owe this world a thing in the trailers for the new movie. That's her son way before he's a superhero. shyt like that makes overgrown kids uncomfortable. Let's not make Tony Stark a raging, alcoholic, fukk up. Let's make him a debonair party boy with commitment issues. When The Hulk loses control (Banner's greatest fear), we're not gonna have him actually rip an innocent person in half or punch Black Widow's head into the stratosphere. He'll just scare the shyt out of people before he regains his composure. Why not? Because laughs and dude bro moments are what sell comic book movies, not the real life consequences of unfettered power.

I don't see why that wasn't obvious. Like seriously. And people taking issue with him saying was a shock to me because most parents would feel the exact same way.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I don't see why that wasn't obvious. Like seriously. And people taking issue with him saying was a shock to me because most parents would feel the exact same way.
It's one of the most parroted complaints about Man of Steel I see after the destruction angle. FX started playing Man of Steel every now and then late last year and I watched it for the first time in a long time and a lot of the complaints about the movie just don't stand up upon further viewing

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's one of the most parroted complaints about Man of Steel I see after the destruction angle. FX started playing Man of Steel every now and then late last year and I watched it for the first time in a long time and a lot of the complaints about the movie just don't stand up upon further viewing

Well again its being beholden to what Chris Reeves and Richard Donner did and while what they did is great and has stood the test of time, this is a post 9/11 world man. Pa Kent in this world is a post 9/11 Pa Kent, who's seen how americans react to "the other" who's seen how the world reacts to threats and the unknown and knows full well that his son could wind up in a lab being torn a part or detained all because he's different. It makes complete sense that he'd want him to keep his gifts to himself because he fears for his son and doesn't have faith the the world is ready for that yet. I don't see how that's a point of contention when its probably the most relatable thing in the movie

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
*wonders if he can reply to any of these posts without people getting their panties in a bunch, even though they themselves brought up this tired debate again*

*already knows the answer, but just wanted to break up this pitiful circle jerk for a moment*

Seriously though, don't any of you bringing this shyt up again even pretend that you are actually open to having this debate again.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
*wonders if he can reply to any of these posts without people getting their panties in a bunch, even though they themselves brought up this tired debate again*

*already knows the answer, but just wanted to break up this pitiful circle jerk for a moment*

Seriously though, don't any of you bringing this shyt up again even pretend that you are actually open to having this debate again.
What was the point of this passive aggressiveness?:dwillhuh: Just bring up how Clark takes the fight into Smallville, for the 100th time, and get it over with.