The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You can call me a lot of things but I ain't about to make up a quote out of thin air to join the flock

Breh :russ: you really wanted to take issue with the fact that the guy playing Cyborg, a black man mind you, isn't dark enough to be Cyborg. And then me being cool with it somehow made it seem like I'd be cool with Prince or a guy Prince's shade playing Green Lantern. So yeah it seems like you're saying that lightskin cats are just in the wrong spot and unless you're as dark as Morris Chestnut, we should give a guy like Ray Fisher no love or no chance or look at it sideways. So yeah, I thought you were better than that

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Breh :russ: you really wanted to take issue with the fact that the guy playing Cyborg, a black man mind you, isn't dark enough to be Cyborg. And then me being cool with it somehow made it seem like I'd be cool with Prince or a guy Prince's shade playing Green Lantern. So yeah it seems like you're saying that lightskin cats are just in the wrong spot and unless you're as dark as Morris Chestnut, we should give a guy like Ray Fisher no love or no chance or look at it sideways. So yeah, I thought you were better than that
if you can't see the slickness in placing a mulatto (with aesthetically caucasian edges) in a role meant for one with true African features I don't know what to tell you. You will have to explain to me how that means I am saying lightskin folks are sellouts from birth :what:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
if you can't see the slickness in placing a mulatto (with aesthetically caucasian edges) in a role meant for one with true African features I don't know what to tell you. You will have to explain to me how that means I am saying lightskin folks are sellouts from birth :what:

Breh while there could be slickness involved, there could also be this thing called maybe he was the best cat for the role so that's who they went with. So we can play the cynical assumption game all day, act like we were in casting calls, act like we were in the auditions...or we can let the movie come out and see how the boy does and base it on his performance which is ultimately what it will come down to. Light skin or not, he's a brother doing well for himself with the potential to blow and will be headlining his own comic book movie. I feel like we should be applauding that rather than discussing his skin tone

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Breh while there could be slickness involved, there could also be this thing called maybe he was the best cat for the role so that's who they went with. So we can play the cynical assumption game all day, act like we were in casting calls, act like we were in the auditions...or we can let the movie come out and see how the boy does and base it on his performance which is ultimately what it will come down to. Light skin or not, he's a brother doing well for himself with the potential to blow and will be headlining his own comic book movie. I feel like we should be applauding that rather than discussing his skin tone
cyborg is unknown to many and this isn't Shakespeare, getting "the right person" for the role doesn't apply here which is why they went for a virtual nobody with zero film experience

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
cyborg is unknown to many and this isn't Shakespeare, getting "the right person" for the role doesn't apply here which is why they went for a virtual nobody with zero film experience

To you it's not about getting the right person for the role but its not your investment. It's always about getting the right person for the role, unknown or not. You need the audience to believe 100% in what they're seeing on screen and that they're able to ride with this person. So it's either the right call or the wrong call but there's always a lot of money riding on the call either way.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
To you it's not about getting the right person for the role but its not your investment. It's always about getting the right person for the role, unknown or not. You need the audience to believe 100% in what they're seeing on screen and that they're able to ride with this person. So it's either the right call or the wrong call but there's always a lot of money riding on the call either way.
Dude has never done 1 film or tv show this is his first gig. All the fukin blax out there like nate Parker and this noob gets the gig? Nah that has nothing to do with "talent"

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Dude has never done 1 film or tv show this is his first gig. All the fukin blax out there like nate Parker and this noob gets the gig? Nah that has nothing to do with "talent"

okay breh, you got it. If you're cool with making assumptions do what you do. I'll wait to see the finished product. He won't be the first person to be put in something with only one credit to his name and he won't be the last. We talk in this thread all the damn time about needing new blood on the scene. My best friend asked me the other day are we going to get Chadwick Boseman to play every black role for the next 15 years. We got Michael B who's hot right now and hopefully will keep getting hotter. But new talent needs to be bred and this is how you do it. So he's either going to sink or swim but at least he's getting a shot. The same shot that white actors have been getting for decades regardless of their experience or talent.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
nikkas are still complaing about the destruction in Man of Steel?:what: Where they suppose to fight in barren canyons like DBZ?'

Zod aka a terrorist: eh...kal-el. Although I'm a terrorist, hell bent on destroying this planet and turning it into my new home...lets fly as far away from metropolis and any other populated areas to duke it out...because me, being a terrorist and all....care about the safety and well being of humans. K?

Supes: ight bet

This what these weirdos wanted to happen. Ignoring all the crazy destruction in comics while hoping the film version makes these encounters all cute n shyt.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Zod aka a terrorist: eh...kal-el. Although I'm a terrorist, hell bent on destroying this planet and turning it into my new home...lets fly as far away from metropolis and any other populated areas to duke it out...because me, being a terrorist and all....care about the safety and well being of humans. K?

Supes: ight bet

This what these weirdos wanted to happen. Ignoring all the crazy destruction in comics while hoping the film version makes these encounters all cute n shyt.

:russ:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Summon all the insecurities :blessed:

Muthafukkas got Materia for all the talking points of c00nism :heh:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't know why you dapped me @MartyMcFly you were like the first person to laugh at that shyt

Well maybe i'm confused breh...are you saying that we shouldn't think what he's saying is funny or that we shouldn't be laughing at the guy who's saying it? And I didn't laugh at what he said, I been debating him on it all morning