The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You really are unfamiliar to the comic book Superman if you are complaining the mass-destruction. But from the LOOKS of it you are one that most likely stuck on those old Richard Donner films. With that said, the most confused assumption with MoS is that Superman was the reason for the mass destruction (which I am certain would be fuel for the upcoming Dawn of Justice movie). The truth is that Zod and his terra-forming machine pretty much the cause of 90% of the mass destruction. The rest were based on mostly property damage, since you witnessed them crashing into buildings that were already evacuated.

His first fight with Zod starts by flying him from the Kent farm all the way to Smallville where he slams him into a gas station.

And for everyone's sake, stop assuming everyone who doesn't like this movie is stuck on the old Donner flicks. I hear it every time and every time I explain there's numerous of Superman comics that show a contemporary Superman story done right, and every time you all ignore it because you're the ones stuck on comparing MoS to the Donner movies and Superman Returns because you have no basic knowledge of Superman outside of the movies. And yes, that's me making an assumption about you, but honestly, I haven't seen anyone show me different.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yea I'm not sure why people hate MOS. The fights were amazing and even though they caused mid level nuclear damage to city and towns when fighting it was still the shyt. People bytch about him killing Zod and I really actually liked it. People always complain about how lame he is b/c he has a code and never kills but as soon as he does people still bytch saying he would never kill and its a shyt movie. You can't have it both ways.

Most of the action was :trash:

Story was :trash:

Villain was :trash:

Superman was dumb as a fukk :mjlol:and showed zero awareness of his surroundings and concern for civilians.

Cavill was bland as fukk and there was no emotional connection with the character as a viewer. He was just there to look miserable and pull faces :laff:. Michael Shannon, Amy Adams and even Russel Crowe had more dialogue than him :laff:.

You know you've :ufdup:when Iron Man looks more like Superman than Superman :laff:. Tony aint even official, he's part-time :laff:.

Faora was the only good thing about the movie :yeshrug:.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And people shytting on Marvel movies they are all fresh tomatoes. Over a hundred critics reviewed each and 60% of them said they liked them all.
Man of Steel can't say the same.

nikka, Man of Steel had a very positive audience response on RT. Much better than Superman Returns even though SR scored much better from the critics. Bottom line, I don't give a fukk what the critics think about this shyt. They only like the Donner era. We off that. :camby:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I hated MOS for reasons not having anything to do with Donner's Superman however comparisons between the 2 are inevitable seeing as they tell the same story and feature the same protagonist.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Most of the action was :trash:

Story was :trash:

Villain was :trash:

Superman was dumb as a fukk :mjlol:and showed zero awareness of his surroundings and concern for civilians.

Cavill was bland as fukk and there was no emotional connection with the character as a viewer. He was just there to look miserable and pull faces :laff:. Michael Shannon, Amy Adams and even Russel Crowe had more dialogue than him :laff:.

You know you've :ufdup:when Iron Man looks more like Superman than Superman :laff:. Tony aint even official, he's part-time :laff:.

Faora was the only good thing about the movie :yeshrug:.
:manny:
I liked it. Those fights were dope IMO.

What do you mean Iron Man looked more like Supes than Supes? You talking about Tony Stark himself or the actual Ironman suits? Either way hell no. Downey embodies Tony Stark. A womanizing playboy billionaire philanthropist. He looked or resembled nothing to Supes.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Superman saved millions of lives from beginning to end credits in Man of Steel. He wasn't throwing Zod through skyscrapers. It was actually the other way around. It was Superman's first encounter with an elite level villain. There were some lives lost but he saved so many more. This idea that he didn't care about saving humans is ridiculous.

Y'all are dumb as fukk :heh:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Superman saved millions of lives from beginning to end credits in Man of Steel. He wasn't throwing Zod through skyscrapers. It was actually the other way around. It was Superman's first encounter with an elite level villain. There were some lives lost but he saved so many more. This idea that he didn't care about saving humans is ridiculous.

Y'all are dumb as fukk :heh:

It's a good thing the smell of burnt waste and human corrosion didn't get in the way of that kiss... :patrice:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:manny:
I liked it. Those fights were dope IMO.

What do you mean Iron Man looked more like Supes than Supes? You talking about Tony Stark himself or the actual Ironman suits? Either way hell no. Downey embodies Tony Stark. A womanizing playboy billionaire philanthropist. He looked or resembled nothing to Supes.

The fight between Faora and Superman and the big guy was good. The buildup and music leading up to it was :whoo:. Faora should have been the main villain :yeshrug:.

On my Iron Man comment I was talking about his actions compared to Superman's in Man of Steel. In Iron Man 1 and 2 he does what you would expect Superman to do. Which was to have awareness of his surroundings and show concern for civilians. Iron Man led the villains away from people and actually cared. Superman did not. The worst part was when he leaves his mother with three goons who were about to kill her :wow:.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If there's nothing that Superman could have done to protect those people during his fight with Zod then at the very least he could have shown some remorse afterwards. You saw how upset he was after he killed Zod? Why wasn't he equally as distraught over the death of all those innocents?

nikka stood atop a fukkin barren wasteland and he's out there sharing a passionate kiss with Lois Lane.

Sorry, something isn't right here.

You tell me when he had that time??? During him flying CLEAR OVER THE OVER SIDE OF THE PLANET to destroy the terra-forming machine so he can save BILLIONS of lives? I am trying to comprehend why you're so negative on this version of Superman aside for that fact he's not that 80's Superman that people were once accustomed to growing up.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fight between Faora and Superman and the big guy was good. The buildup and music leading up to it was :whoo:. Faora should have been the main villain :yeshrug:.

On my Iron Man comment I was talking about his actions compared to Superman's in Man of Steel. In Iron Man 1 and 2 he does what you would expect Superman to do. Which was to have awareness of his surroundings and show concern for civilians. Iron Man led the villains away from people and actually cared. Superman did not. The worst part was when he leaves his mother with three goons who were about to kill her :wow:.

But Marvel villains were remotely even that interesting, let alone that SMART. Zod at the end was about killing every single human being. So, how can you lead someone away from that, exactly? And if I recall, Superman sacrificed himself to Zod to SAVE humanity only to discover that he was intending to destroy mankind anyway just so the Kryptons can survive. The moment he learned that they were at his moms crib, Supes beat the breaks off of Zod, if I recall! :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's a good thing Manhattan being utterly destroyed doesn't get in the way of some wise cracks from Tony Stark and friends. :manny:

You can't hold both movies to the same standard because they didn't set out to achieve the same things. Avengers was a light hearted action romp whereas MOS was (or tried to be) an earnest movie. One movie has characters practically winking at the camera while the other movie has everyone playing it 100% straight.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't subscribe to your flimsy logic. They are all superheroes, if Marvel wants them to be camp.. fine. That's their prerogative and I enjoyed Avengers. But don't come in here and tell me that it's perfectly fine for them to sit around in a coffee shop cracking jokes minutes after aliens blew up the entire borough and then try to shyt on Superman for something that was far less egregious.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Eh. I actually hear you but I think you're nit picking. He just yoked up his mother and he was pissed so he went off and like someone else said this was his first time fighting someone on equal footing as himself. Yall questioning every decision he makes in the movie like he has to make them based on a perquisite thats already established in your head or he aint worthy of being named Supes. Its crazy man yall will never be satisfied. First he aint make the right decision in fighting by not looking after humans first, then he aint make the right decision by rescuing his mother..OK say he did decide to do that...how would that scene go down when you're surrounded by all those Kryptonians it aint like he could've outran them with his mother. I mean a few minutes later he saved that army cat who was about to go one on one with Faora. Yall asking him to do the impossible all the time. I was happy as hell to see him go all out on screen with someone who could take him at full power. I'll say this much the sequels will be much better than IM2 or 3.