The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Marvel makes cookie cutter movies aimed at the masses. Sometimes they work out (Winter Soldier) and sometimes they fall flat (the Thor movies) but they're rarely truly bad and largely faithful to the material. MoS was a very misguided movie, largely due to Goyer who just doesn't get Superman at all. He's one of those guys convinced that Superman and his core principles are corny and don't connect with modern audiences anymore, but somehow missed or refused to read the numerous Superman comics from the last two decades proving otherwise. He's like the posters here on the Coli who keep bringing up Christopher Reeves' Superman as the only alternative to MoS Superman because they have no clue whatsoever about Superman besides the movies, yet somehow act as if they're experts on what makes the character work.
You must not be ready ng the New 52 BC Superman is gully as fukk in that universe and its where goyer is getting his inspiration from

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Marvel makes cookie cutter movies aimed at the masses. Sometimes they work out (Winter Soldier) and sometimes they fall flat (the Thor movies) but they're rarely truly bad and largely faithful to the material. MoS was a very misguided movie, largely due to Goyer who just doesn't get Superman at all. He's one of those guys convinced that Superman and his core principles are corny and don't connect with modern audiences anymore, but somehow missed or refused to read the numerous Superman comics from the last two decades proving otherwise. He's like the posters here on the Coli who keep bringing up Christopher Reeves' Superman as the only alternative to MoS Superman because they have no clue whatsoever about Superman besides the movies, yet somehow act as if they're experts on what makes the character work.
Did you like superman returns?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Exactly..

NYC was gettin torn apart and no one complains.. 2 kryptonians go head to head and destroy the city and there's complaints
Hawkeye and Black Widow can hold their own in an alien invasion with minimum weaponry yet Batman basically in Iron Man's Hulkbuster suit can't go against Superman..... we haven't even seen the movie yet.. we don't know if Bats gon use red sun, kryptonite or anything else to slow him down

I ain't tryna start a Marvel/DC debate cuz I f*ck with both but its crazy how a movie is bad because of THIS yet another movie gets acclaimed and has the same thing in it ppl complained about in the other movie

You aren't the first one to say that breh and I agree..I love both companies and love Marvel maybe a tad more but their movies get a lot of leeway from people. Like the way the villains are in ASM2 and how they're not that deep and their motives seem meh, let's compare those villains to the villains from Iron Man 3..or the Red Skull in Cap 1..or even the Winter Soldier in Cap 2..but when they do it it's A OK

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Exactly..

- NYC was gettin torn apart and no one complains.. 2 kryptonians go head to head within the city and there's complaints
- Hawkeye and Black Widow can hold their own in an alien invasion with minimum weaponry yet Batman basically in Iron Man's Hulkbuster suit can't go against Superman..... we haven't even seen the movie yet.. we don't know if Bats gon use red sun, kryptonite or anything else to slow him down

I ain't tryna start a Marvel/DC debate cuz I f*ck with both but its crazy how a movie is bad because of THIS yet another movie gets acclaimed and has the same thing in it ppl complained about in the other movie
Its called hypocrisy breh. Stans day don't care about that shyt. Especially if the director attached is not one they like :skip:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Its called hypocrisy breh. Stans day don't care about that shyt. Especially if the director attached is not one they like :skip:

Basically. Didn't we talk about that with Pacific Rim? That if Michael Bay made that movie people would dump all over it but because it's Guillermo, shyt is all good

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You aren't the first one to say that breh and I agree..I love both companies and love Marvel maybe a tad more but their movies get a lot of leeway from people. Like the way the villains are in ASM2 and how they're not that deep and their motives seem meh, let's compare those villains to the villains from Iron Man 3..or the Red Skull in Cap 1..or even the Winter Soldier in Cap 2..but when they do it it's A OK
Word! And I liked ASM2 as well.. my only complaint with that was the misuse of Rhino but then again it leads right into the Sinister 6 story so I can't complain until I see how that turns out
Word! All I can criticize so far is casting choices but then again, I don't know the script or anything so I don't know how well Gal Gadot will do as Wonder Woman. I didn't think Anne Hathaway would be a good Catwoman but she turned out good IMO. It all revolves around the story. I haven't seen footage of Jesse as Lex, Gal as WW or Affleck actually speaking so I can't go in depth with judgment. I think Henry is a dope Superman.

If ppl don't like Snyder, they rip apart his movies. Personally, I think Zack is great for these fantasy type films.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You must not be ready ng the New 52 BC Superman is gully as fukk in that universe and its where goyer is getting his inspiration from

I'm giving it another shot now that Johns is writing after dropping the book somewhere during Lobdell's run. And Goyer might get his inspiration from it, that doesn't make him good at his job. I vividly remember the Superman story he wrote for Action Comics #900 because of how awful it was. Superman is not an easy character to write, and Goyer is nowhere near good enough a writer to make up for it.

Hell no, only three good things about that movie are the bullet to the eye, Superman's return with the plane rescue and Kevin Spacey shouting "Wrong!". Everything else is just as misguided as MoS, albeit for entirely different reasons.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
fukk that Zionist hoe that plays wonder woman Gal Gadot, :pacspit:

http://www.jspacenews.com/gal-gadot-supports-israel-denounces-ham
as-cowards/

"I am sending my love and prayers to my fellow Israeli citizens. Especially to all the boys and girls who are risking their lives protecting my country against the horrific acts conducted by Hamas, who are hiding like cowards behind women and children...We shall overcome!!! Shabbat Shalom!"
548353201000100490692no.jpg

Wonder why she didn't get heat like Dwight howard and have to take the this down. :mjdrinking:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Yup..Aside from The Avengers and the Iron Man flicks, the X Men flicks make more than the Marvel flicks.

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

internationally the top 100 movies of all time only Days of Future Past from the X-men franchise is on the list

Avengers, Winter Soldier all 3 Iron Man movies and Thor: Dark World are in the top 100 :takedat:

also: don't understand the hate the Thor franchise gets. Both were solid outings, and the rug pull at the end of T:DW (again) is playing a part in the larger story that is the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
MoS was a very misguided movie, largely due to Goyer who just doesn't get Superman at all. He's one of those guys convinced that Superman and his core principles are corny and don't connect with modern audiences anymore, but somehow missed or refused to read the numerous Superman comics from the last two decades proving otherwise. He's like the posters here on the Coli who keep bringing up Christopher Reeves' Superman as the only alternative to MoS Superman because they have no clue whatsoever about Superman besides the movies, yet somehow act as if they're experts on what makes the character work.

Hell no, only three good things about that movie are the bullet to the eye, Superman's return with the plane rescue and Kevin Spacey shouting "Wrong!". Everything else is just as misguided as MoS, albeit for entirely different reasons.
You lose all credit on the topic then...

Those movies are two different takes on superman and both are solid representations of the charactor but you despise both.

You just dont like superman...why watch the films LOL?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That's encouraging, Argo was a pretty good movie

:childplease: It wasn't a "good movie." It won best adapted screenplay and Best Picture. nikkas are just coming in here to hate for no reason other than I guess being Marvel fanboys. Pretty gay. Film franchise stan wars are more pathetic than console wars.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The villains in most of these Marvel films have been trash outside of Loki who is cool but catches the beats more than the Brooklyn Brawler. Avengers gave us a generic alien race. They weren't even Skrulls :heh: Winter Soldier was nice, too bad he was only in the film for like ten minutes. The elves in Thor.. fukk outta here. All the tech guys in the Iron Man films, ugh, terrible. The bait and switch with Mandarin. Hideous. :mjlol:

Yes, what Marvel has done with this franchise is unprecedented but people acting like these are all great films, far from it.. The only truly good films were Iron Man, Winter Soldier and Avengers. Everything else is cookie cutter bullshyt with terrible "comedy" relief. You fakkits gonna try and shyt on what DC is doing, we need to keep it one hundred. Marvel Studios receives a lot of praise around here and a lot of it is unwarranted.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lets not exaggerate things here. Marvel is currently having a very good run THIS year in film, but LAST YEAR they only gave us trash. Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 were wack films that gets overlooked due to their so-called crossover storyline. To tell the TRUTH, the whole DISNEY/MARVEL cinematic franchise is comparable to the height of the NO LIMIT RECORDS era in which you get a gang of movies back to back to back, not GREAT in quality, but is like fast food, that would quench your thirst until the next fast food meal, and MAYBE you get that "great" film that pushes it forward. But DO NOT get it twisted that because they are churning out a gang of superhero films that it means to be equated to greatness.

It doesn't matter if the movies aren't great because they're still succeeding in spite of it. Thor 1 was the definition of a "by the numbers" summer movie but the Thor brand and the Thor character became stronger as a result of it. It got people interested. Meanwhile the Green Lantern movie was released the same year and was a huge bomb... so obviously Marvel did something right.

Right now the Marvel brand is so strong that they're allotted a few missteps here and there. Iron Man 2 was complete and utter shyt but the first one was so good that most people are willing to forgive and forget. In fact I'm quite sure most people did forget after they saw how good Avengers was.

There is no bigger movie franchise right now than Marvel. You can speak all you want about the varying quality from movie to movie but you know as well as I know that each new entry in that franchise demands a certain level of attention. GOTG was a fukkin no name supergroup and now they have the entire geek world at notice. That's the kind of power Marvel has right now. And what's even scarier is that there's no telling how far or how long they could keep going. We might still be heavily anticipating Marvel movies well into the 2020's if they keep this up.

If I told you 10 years ago that we would one day witness an epic Marvel superhero saga spanning the course of close to 20 movies all unified under one cohesive continuity... featuring all types of teamups and crossover events... what would your reaction might have been? Don't you think one bad or mediocre movie every few years would still be worth it?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It doesn't matter if the movies aren't great because they're still succeeding in spite of it. Thor 1 was the definition of a "by the numbers" summer movie but the Thor brand and the Thor character became stronger as a result of it. It got people interested. Meanwhile the Green Lantern movie was released the same year and was a huge bomb... so obviously Marvel did something right.

Right now the Marvel brand is so strong that they're allotted a few missteps here and there. Iron Man 2 was complete and utter shyt but the first one was so good that most people are willing to forgive and forget. In fact I'm quite sure most people did forget after they saw how good Avengers was.

There is no bigger movie franchise right now than Marvel. You can speak all you want about the varying quality from movie to movie but you know as well as I know that each new entry in that franchise demands a certain level of attention. GOTG was a fukkin no name supergroup and now they have the entire geek world at notice. That's the kind of power Marvel has right now. And what's even scarier is that there's no telling how far or how long they could keep going. We might still be heavily anticipating Marvel movies well into the 2020's if they keep this up.

If I told you 10 years ago that we would one day witness an epic Marvel superhero saga spanning the course of close to 20 movies all unified under one cohesive continuity... featuring all types of teamups and crossover events... what would your reaction might have been? Don't you think one bad or mediocre movie every few years would still be worth it?
And people shytting on Marvel movies they are all fresh tomatoes. Over a hundred critics reviewed each and 60% of them said they liked them all.
Man of Steel can't say the same.