The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I'm not sure why people hate MOS. The fights were amazing and even though they caused mid level nuclear damage to city and towns when fighting it was still the shyt. People bytch about him killing Zod and I really actually liked it. People always complain about how lame he is b/c he has a code and never kills but as soon as he does people still bytch saying he would never kill and its a shyt movie. You can't have it both ways.
I agree..

I looked at it like it makes sense for Batman to fight Superman AFTER Zod. The Supes that fought Zod was a rookie. That was his 1st challenge. Ppl act like he killed him just to do it. He clearly killed him cuz he thought he had no choice after trying to save humans. Yeah it was probably poorly executed on film but that's the reason. Superman ain't no virgin to killing in the comics either... hell, even Batman has used a GUN in the damn comics before. Even still, Superman isn't gonna try to kill no Batman unless he's brainwashed and Batman will do whatever it takes to beat Superman but he won't kill him either. Ppl complain about Supes killing Zod like Batman ain't kill Two Face in TDK

I don't care bout the mass destruction either. Nobody complains about the Power Rangers zords smashing through the city fighting giant monsters or big superhero fights in the cartoons and comics that cause the same amount of destruction. You can't have Nolan realism in a Superman movie. We'll see the aftermath of the destruction in the next movie... maybe THAT was inadvertently Lex Luthor's rise to power after rebuilding.. who knows?

But yeah it makes sense for him to defeat Zod in that way (although I would've preferred he went back to the Phantom Zone) then later encounter a veteran Batman. Maybe after dealing with Batman and learning certain things from him, he becomes the full boyscout we all know.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I hated MOS so I'm gonna try and not set my expectations too high for BvS because I don't wanna be let down again.

However there's definitely hope. I wasn't too big a fan of BB but TDK improved upon it in just about every way and stands as a great movie all on it's own. So I'm hoping BvS can do the same.

Plus I actually do have faith in Zack Snyder. I liked 300 and I loved Watchmen. I don't know what this nikka was sippin during MOS but maybe he's actually ready to put in some work this time.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hated MOS so I'm gonna try and not set my expectations too high for BvS because I don't wanna be let down again.

However there's definitely hope. I wasn't too big a fan of BB but TDK improved upon it in just about every way and stands as a great movie all on it's own. So I'm hoping BvS can do the same.

Plus I actually do have faith in Zack Snyder. I liked 300 and I loved Watchmen. I don't know what this nikka was sippin during MOS but maybe he's actually ready to put in some work this time.
What did you hate about MOS?

Superman killing Zod or just the overall movie? I don't see how you liked 300 and Watchmen but hate MOS.

I feel BvS gon be dope though

Daps
Reppin
NYC
What did you hate about MOS?

Superman killing Zod or just the overall movie? I don't see how you liked 300 and Watchmen but hate MOS.

I feel BvS gon be dope though

There's too many things to boil it down to just one thing. Overall it was just an awful movie. Boring, hollow, and trite.

The trailers were selling us a different movie.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's too many things to boil it down to just one thing. Overall it was just an awful movie. Boring, hollow, and trite.

The trailers were selling us a different movie.
I can respect that.. there were def some parts that were boring but I can't think of any Superman movie that doesn't have those parts

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea come on guys Supes and Bats are my 2 favorite characters of all time but they can't touch what Marvel is doing right now.

Marvel is laying waste to entire cities as we speak and they're doing it without Spiderman and X-Men. What they've accomplished with this franchise is astonishing and most importantly unprecedented.

Lets not exaggerate things here. Marvel is currently having a very good run THIS year in film, but LAST YEAR they only gave us trash. Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 were wack films that gets overlooked due to their so-called crossover storyline. To tell the TRUTH, the whole DISNEY/MARVEL cinematic franchise is comparable to the height of the NO LIMIT RECORDS era in which you get a gang of movies back to back to back, not GREAT in quality, but is like fast food, that would quench your thirst until the next fast food meal, and MAYBE you get that "great" film that pushes it forward. But DO NOT get it twisted that because they are churning out a gang of superhero films that it means to be equated to greatness.

DC on the low have been doing well in spite of NOT doing a crossover storyline as of up to NOW. Lets speak on the reality, just because a film like Green Lantern or Jonah Hex weren't solid, never was the aforementioned Iron Man and Thor film. But DC blessed us with great films too as well from Watchmen, V for Vendetta, and TDK trilogy pretty much shyts on everything Marvel have done. Now they rebooted the Superman saga to jumpstart their own cinematic universe, and from the looks of things it'll be quite an impressive task to accomplish, but if they DO accomplish it, Marvel DO need to make note of it.

Marvel's already making note of what FOX is succeeding with X-men right now. They soon will do the same with DC. But we cannot overhype Marvel, credit is due for successfully doing a cinematic crossover franchise, but to keep it real, most of those films WEREN'T that good. Outside Avengers, the first Iron Man, Winter Soldier and possibly this Guardians film... many of those other movies were just filler and outright corny.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Lets not exaggerate things here. Marvel is currently having a very good run THIS year in film, but LAST YEAR they only gave us trash. Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 were wack films that gets overlooked due to their so-called crossover storyline. To tell the TRUTH, the whole DISNEY/MARVEL cinematic franchise is comparable to the height of the NO LIMIT RECORDS era in which you get a gang of movies back to back to back, not GREAT in quality, but is like fast food, that would quench your thirst until the next fast food meal, and MAYBE you get that "great" film that pushes it forward. But DO NOT get it twisted that because they are churning out a gang of superhero films that it means to be equated to greatness.

DC on the low have been doing well in spite of NOT doing a crossover storyline as of up to NOW. Lets speak on the reality, just because a film like Green Lantern or Jonah Hex weren't solid, never was the aforementioned Iron Man and Thor film. But DC blessed us with great films too as well from Watchmen, V for Vendetta, and TDK trilogy pretty much shyts on everything Marvel have done. Now they rebooted the Superman saga to jumpstart their own cinematic universe, and from the looks of things it'll be quite an impressive task to accomplish, but if they DO accomplish it, Marvel DO need to make note of it.

Marvel's already making note of what FOX is succeeding with X-men right now. They soon will do the same with DC. But we cannot overhype Marvel, credit is due for successfully doing a cinematic crossover franchise, but to keep it real, most of those films WEREN'T that good. Outside Avengers, the first Iron Man, Winter Soldier and possibly this Guardians film... many of those other movies were just filler and outright corny.

:usure:

could not disagree with this more

Avengers is the third highest grossing film of all time. This latest X-men movie won't reach $250 million dollars in a soft summer (first summer there won't be a $300 million dollar earner in many years) - whether we like it or not it all comes down to the bottom line: the almighty dollar. Fox ain't succeeding at anything that Marvel needs to make note of.

Fox, Sony, and WB/DC are all making note of what Marvel/Disney is doing. Let's not get it twisted.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Marvel makes cookie cutter movies aimed at the masses. Sometimes they work out (Winter Soldier) and sometimes they fall flat (the Thor movies) but they're rarely truly bad and largely faithful to the material. MoS was a very misguided movie, largely due to Goyer who just doesn't get Superman at all. He's one of those guys convinced that Superman and his core principles are corny and don't connect with modern audiences anymore, but somehow missed or refused to read the numerous Superman comics from the last two decades proving otherwise. He's like the posters here on the Coli who keep bringing up Christopher Reeves' Superman as the only alternative to MoS Superman because they have no clue whatsoever about Superman besides the movies, yet somehow act as if they're experts on what makes the character work.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree..

I looked at it like it makes sense for Batman to fight Superman AFTER Zod. The Supes that fought Zod was a rookie. That was his 1st challenge. Ppl act like he killed him just to do it. He clearly killed him cuz he thought he had no choice after trying to save humans. Yeah it was probably poorly executed on film but that's the reason. Superman ain't no virgin to killing in the comics either... hell, even Batman has used a GUN in the damn comics before. Even still, Superman isn't gonna try to kill no Batman unless he's brainwashed and Batman will do whatever it takes to beat Superman but he won't kill him either. Ppl complain about Supes killing Zod like Batman ain't kill Two Face in TDK

I don't care bout the mass destruction either. Nobody complains about the Power Rangers zords smashing through the city fighting giant monsters or big superhero fights in the cartoons and comics that cause the same amount of destruction. You can't have Nolan realism in a Superman movie. We'll see the aftermath of the destruction in the next movie... maybe THAT was inadvertently Lex Luthor's rise to power after rebuilding.. who knows?

But yeah it makes sense for him to defeat Zod in that way (although I would've preferred he went back to the Phantom Zone) then later encounter a veteran Batman. Maybe after dealing with Batman and learning certain things from him, he becomes the full boyscout we all know.

I always found it hypocritical when they complain about the mass destruction in MoS, which was due to logical reasoning, but don't say shyt about the mass destruction in AVENGERS along with a wack convenient plot device to NUKE the city while at it.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Avengers is the third highest grossing film of all time. This latest X-men movie won't reach $250 million dollars in a soft summer (first summer there won't be a $300 million dollar earner in many years) - whether we like it or not it all comes down to the bottom line: the almighty dollar. Fox ain't succeeding at anything that Marvel needs to make note of.

Fox, Sony, and WB/DC are all making note of what Marvel/Disney is doing. Let's not get it twisted.

Days Of Future Past nearly doubled First Class' worldwide box office and its domestic gross is the second highest of all X-Men movies. It might not be Avengers-levels of success but compared to the Marvel solo-movies the X-franchise is doing very well.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The fact that they TRIED to destroy Bryan Singer with character assassination which was proven to be false, going to kill off Wolverine, and doing everything possible to sabotage, long with having their own "miracles" to make the term "mutants" irrelevant suggests that they are INDEED a threat. Days of Future Past made more globally than Winter Soldier, BTW.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The fact that they TRIED to destroy Bryan Singer with character assassination which was proven to be false, going to kill off Wolverine, and doing everything possible to sabotage, long with having their own "miracles" to make the term "mutants" irrelevant suggests that they are INDEED a threat. Days of Future Past made more globally than Winter Soldier, BTW.

Yup..Aside from The Avengers and the Iron Man flicks, the X Men flicks make more than the Marvel flicks.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always found it hypocritical when they complain about the mass destruction in MoS, which was due to logical reasoning, but don't say shyt about the mass destruction in AVENGERS along with a wack convenient plot device to NUKE the city while at it.
Exactly..

- NYC was gettin torn apart and no one complains.. 2 kryptonians go head to head within the city and there's complaints
- Hawkeye and Black Widow can hold their own in an alien invasion with minimum weaponry yet Batman basically in Iron Man's Hulkbuster suit can't go against Superman..... we haven't even seen the movie yet.. we don't know if Bats gon use red sun, kryptonite or anything else to slow him down

I ain't tryna start a Marvel/DC debate cuz I f*ck with both but its crazy how a movie is bad because of THIS yet another movie gets acclaimed and has the same thing in it ppl complained about in the other movie