The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
He don't but there's a lane for it. Worldwide cinema has exploded. Even if the DCU trades off some revenue for realistic stories and consequences there is a lot of pie to be divided. Maybe DC doesn't match Avengers but if your movie is doing a billion plus, it doesn't matter.. Plus, like Man of Steel sold exceedingly well on Blu Ray too. :manny:

I hope they don't fukk it up. More piff the better. My basement doesn't just have Marvel or DC comics in it. It has both as well as Image, Dark Horse :dead:
sometimes i just feel like theyre trying too hard (Marvel and DC) to stray away from the kids man
that shyt aint fair
i mean...
you aint gotta make shyt corny
but think about the kids too
Guardians did that shyt perfect IMO

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
sometimes i just feel like theyre trying too hard (Marvel and DC) to stray away from the kids man
that shyt aint fair
i mean...
you aint gotta make shyt corny
but think about the kids too
Guardians did that shyt perfect IMO

Problem is a lot of their core fanbase now aren't kids..they're grown men who grew up with this stuff...and the people covering them are grown ass men and women in media so you gotta appeal to them too. It's a tough line to walk

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Before the whole superhero movie boom started, I actually expected Marvel's movies to be the gritty and more realistic ones. Funny how things turn out.

They were. When it was just them consulting with FOX or whoever all of the movies were pretty dark. X-Men is a franchise that needs to be dark given all of the social/politics elements and comparisons to Civil Rights. The Punisher was dark. Ang Lee's Hulk was heavy handed.

It wasn't until Marvel Studios branched out and then were bought out my Disney, that's where they changed pace. And I'm mostly fine with it though I feel some of the movies are looking for jokes too quick and too often. And a lot of the jokes are corny. I love the addition of the Russo brothers though because Winter Soldier was the first MCU film I've seen where the action felt real. Winter Soldier felt dangerous as fukk :damn:

I'm happy they are doing the Infinity series and Civil War. Hopefully Disney stays out of the way.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Problem is a lot of their core fanbase now aren't kids..they're grown men who grew up with this stuff...and the people covering them are grown ass men and women in media so you gotta appeal to them too. It's a tough line to walk
na
i agree
its so crazy how far we've come as a society
shyt, no disrespect to my parents but they would just sit a lil nikka in front the tv on some "ok here ya go" type shyt and keep it pushin :deadmanny:
shyt Scarface was one of the FIRST movies I ever saw along with the Mighty Hercules (that shyt dont even sound right)
its so hard tho being a parent sometimes
cause i dont wanna be that guy
like "no son you cant watch this."
but some stuff its so hard to determine whether its good for kids or not
and i love comics man
and i want my kid to experience that love too
cause comics are the shyt! Marvel DC Image Dark Horse
the art
the stories
the characters

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Keep in mind, you can make movies that appeal to ALL AGES. We just saw that. Jurassic World appealed to everyone. It's no surprise now that it has completely taken over the box office. It has just enough adult themes and just enough family friendly stuff to appeal to every key demographic. And the funny thing is the movie isn't even THAT great... though I did enjoy it. :myman:

...and I like Bryce :shaq:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
na
i agree
its so crazy how far we've come as a society
shyt, no disrespect to my parents but they would just sit a lil nikka in front the tv on some "ok here ya go" type shyt and keep it pushin :deadmanny:
shyt Scarface was one of the FIRST movies I ever saw along with the Mighty Hercules (that shyt dont even sound right)
its so hard tho being a parent sometimes
cause i dont wanna be that guy
like "no son you cant watch this."
but some stuff its so hard to determine whether its good for kids or not
and i love comics man
and i want my kid to experience that love too
cause comics are the shyt! Marvel DC Image Dark Horse
the art
the stories
the characters

Yeah I can understand that breh..I wouldn't have a problem with a kid watching man of steel though. I mean it's dark and doesn't have a light atmosphere but I don't think there's anything in it that's objectionable

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Yeah, it's kinda funny they talk about being more realistic because DC superheroes were always more archetypal than Marvel's. So that part about it being 'mythic' makes more sense but that stuff about realism doesn't really since it's like the exact opposite.
nikka they are talking about realistic in the sense there are real consequences in their movies.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yeah I can understand that breh..I wouldn't have a problem with a kid watching man of steel though. I mean it's dark and doesn't have a light atmosphere but I don't think there's anything in it that's objectionable
yeah
its tough tho man
cause sometimes its not really about the visuals
its just how the kids react to shyt
be bouncin around the crib like lunatics and shyt cause of some shyt they saw at the flix :russ:

i mean its funny at first until a table gets broken or playstation controller gets smashed :mjlol:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
They were. When it was just them consulting with FOX or whoever all of the movies were pretty dark. X-Men is a franchise that needs to be dark given all of the social/politics elements and comparisons to Civil Rights. The Punisher was dark. Ang Lee's Hulk was heavy handed.

It wasn't until Marvel Studios branched out and then were bought out my Disney, that's where they changed pace. And I'm mostly fine with it though I feel some of the movies are looking for jokes too quick and too often. And a lot of the jokes are corny. I love the addition of the Russo brothers though because Winter Soldier was the first MCU film I've seen where the action felt real. Winter Soldier felt dangerous as fukk :damn:

I'm happy they are doing the Infinity series and Civil War. Hopefully Disney stays out of the way.

Nah, I don't see that. While using socio-political themes the X-Men movies were always blockbusters first and foremost and reached kids just as easily. What those movies had (also the first two Spider-Man movies) was 'heart'. Characters you'd care about (and I'm not just talking about the hero) who were caught in conflicts that had a lot at stake but also affected them on a personal level. Outside of the first Iron Man, Marvel Studios hasn't really been able to properly nail that balance until The Winter Soldier. That's where movies like Thor 2 and GotG (to me) failed because the bad guys and their schemes are so generic you might as well throw an army against him because the hero's journey is absent/reduced.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yeah
its tough tho man
cause sometimes its not really about the visuals
its just how the kids react to shyt
be bouncin around the crib like lunatics and shyt cause of some shyt they saw at the flix :russ:

i mean its funny at first until a table gets broken or playstation controller gets smashed :mjlol:

Ah so it's the argument our parents used to have against us watching power rangers or the reason the second turtles movie became soft as charmin in comparison to the dope 1st one..or the reason we got batman forever

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
True but I think where Guardians of the Galaxy got a lot of things right is that the environments were immersive and different and the jokes were actually funny.. I'm looking forward to the Guardians sequel, just hoping the villain is better and more interesting than a generic henchmen. shyt, even The Collector was more interesting than Ronan the Accuser.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Ah so it's the argument our parents used to have against us watching power rangers or the reason the second turtles movie became soft as charmin in comparison to the dope 1st one..or the reason we got batman forever
i remember we would watch stuff as kids
like the Goonies
be out in the street acting like we're treasure hunters and gettin into all types of bs
:lolbron:
when you have kids tho it stops being funny lol
especially now
people are off the hook

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Keep in mind, you can make movies that appeal to ALL AGES. We just saw that. Jurassic World appealed to everyone. It's no surprise now that it has completely taken over the box office. It has just enough adult themes and just enough family friendly stuff to appeal to every key demographic. And the funny thing is the movie isn't even THAT great... though I did enjoy it. :myman:

...and I like Bryce :shaq:
Jurassic World was really not an all ages film though. It was pretty damn violent and death was treated way too casually especially the callous way they killed that British assistant chick. It was like they wanted it to be scary but not too scary so they made the actual killings of (mostly) innocent people meaningless as fukk.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Jurassic World was really not an all ages film though. It was pretty damn violent and death was treated way too casually especially the callous way they killed that British assistant chick. It was like they wanted it to be scary but not too scary so they made the actual killings of (mostly) innocent people meaningless as fukk.
yup
i went and saw it for dolo cause i wasnt sure if it was appropriate for lil KingPin
and honestly i was right
it wasnt over the top violent but it wasnt what i would bring i child to
this aint the 80s no more man

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Some of has been posted but I'll post it anyway. Got it from SHH.
The 25 Things You Should Know About Batman v. Superman
1. This will be the most epic throwdown in cinema history and it takes place on a rooftop.
…Snyder showed off early passes of the money sequence, a rainy rooftop battle between the two capes. There’s an undeniable thrill to watching these pop culture icons go at it–throwing each other through walls and skylights.

2. This is not a Man of Steel sequel.
“As far as the individual character is concerned, this is not a Superman sequel,” says Henry Cavill, 32, the series’ Superman, who had ot make room for Affleck on the marquee. “It’s more of an introduction to Batman, and opening to Justice League, and an expansion of the world that was created in Man of Steel.”
3. Originally there was no Batman in Batman v. Superman it WAS going to be a Man of Steel sequel.

4. Braniac was not an option for the Man of Steel sequel, but Metallo was.

5. Even Ben Affleck was surprised that Warner Brothers wanted to cast him as Batman…
“My first reaction was ‘Are you sure?'” Affleck says. “At the time I was 40, 41, and had just finishd Argo, and I felt like “This seems like a strange way to get to Batman.” But Zack convinced me.”
6. The actors can’t talk about the movie. They have been given talking points. Anything else is taboo.
When it comes to plot or character details, the film’s actors all speak in the practiced vagueness of spies guarding state secrets. “They’ve given me talking points which are… “I’m just a little concerned,” he says, before he’s even been asked a real question. “I don’t know if I’ll be able to form full sentences.”
7. Wayne Manor is a broken down wreck. Those of you who followed filming and wondered why we never saw set pictures of Wayne Manor, well now you know why.

8. Those who think that Man of Steel was not shot in color should be prepared because it didn’t have anything on Gotham.

9. Ben started shooting Batman in April. Oh, that sneaky Zack Snyder. The official press release stated production began on May 19.

10. Aquaman is in the movie. If the character poster didn’t confirm that for you, EW just did. He’s in the movie.

11. Whatever Aquaman is doing in the movie is apparently a state secret.

12. Batman uses a grappling gun in Batman v. Superman. So Batman on a steeple in the trailer, a grappling gun.

13. First rule of Kryptonite, don’t talk about Kryptonite at least not to EW.

14. Gal Gadot is currently prepping for Wonder Woman and will go straight into Justice League.

15. Gal had no idea she was auditioning for Wonder Woman. We know, we know. How could she have not known when rumors were rife on the internet?

16. Her audition piece. Pulp Fiction. Hmm…

17. Zack Snyder on Wonder Woman, “She plays a super important part,” Snyder says. “In a lot of ways, she’s the gateway drug to the rest of the Justice League.”

18. Gal Gadot was invited to audition for Quantum of Solace.

19. Gal trained for 6 months for Batman v. Superman. She learned how to handle a sword.
“I love doing the swordplay stuff, ” She says. “It’s another skill to add to my collection.” As for that lasso though, she says, “I’m still working on that.”
20. Chris Terrio was brought on Batman v. Superman for a re-write. He HAS completed the script for Justice league.

21. Zack Snyder drew out what he wanted Batman v. Superman and Justice League to look like. Chris wrote.
To craft the costumed-hero mash-up, Snyder and Chris Terrio– the Argo screenwriter who was brought on to Batman v. Superman for a rewrite and who has since finished the Justice League script-locked themselves in a room with an enormous supply of Diet coke and plotted out their epic saga visually, like a giant cave painting. “Chris would talk and I would draw and it was basically this weird mural of the movies with no words,” says Snyder.

22. Alfred as always serves as the voice of reason, when Batman considers a pre-emptive strike against Superman.
“Snyder also reveals a scene in the Batcave where Bruce Wayne outlines his motivations to a skeptical Alfred, a bit of a realpolitik reasoning that weighs the morality of a preemptive strike on Superman against even the minimal chance of humanity’s destruction.”
23. Why was 66 year old, Oscar winner Jeremy Irons drawn to Batman v. Superman and the Man of Steel universe? Jeremy Irons was attracted to the thoughtfulness of Alfred.

24. Zack wants the movies to talk about the human condition.
“It’s more mythic, it’s more grand in that way, and it is a little more realistic,” says Affleck. “Just by their nature, these films can’t be as funny or as quick and as glib as Marvel movies.”
25. Zack was surprised by the reaction to Man of Steel.
“I was surprised because that’s the thesis of superman for me, that you can’t just have superheroes knock around and have there be no consequences, says Snyder.