The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snyder isn't writing anything but he is deciding what direction the movie will take and if his vision is flawed, the movie will suffer from it.

And Terrio has to be one of the most overrated writers of today. Dude's got like two movies under his belt, one that nobody has ever heard of and the other being one of the most overrated movies of the past decade. I'm not saying he can't pull it off, but his credentials aren't nowhere near special enough to have people hype this guy up as if they brought in William Goldman.

Terrio is an incredible writer. He has scripts that are top notch that haven't been made yet or are in development hell. Because of casting, budgets etc. Don't always just go off what a screenwriter has as a produced credit. Terrio has one script, TILL THE ENDS OF THE EARTH that every A list actor is foaming over in Hollywood. Jennifer Lawrence is attached to the script and David O. Russell was supposed to direct it, but things have fallen apart. So who knows if it ever gets made.

Terrio also is the go to guy right now for rewriting scripts all over town, and not getting credit for.

I trust Terrio delivered on this script.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Terrio is an incredible writer. He has scripts that are top notch that haven't been made yet or are in development hell. Because of casting, budgets etc. Don't always just go off what a screenwriter has as a produced credit. Terrio has one script, TILL THE ENDS OF THE EARTH that every A list actor is foaming over in Hollywood. Jennifer Lawrence is attached to the script and David O. Russell was supposed to direct it, but things have fallen apart. So who knows if it ever gets made.

Terrio also is the go to guy right now for rewriting scripts all over town, and not getting credit for.

I trust Terrio delivered on this script.

Interesting. I'll look that shyt up.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Batfleck and Snyder firin shots at Marvel now :lolbron:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=122384

Is director Zack Snyder worried about moviegoers getting sick of the superhero movie genre before the DC Cinematic Universe get off the ground though? "If [this gеnrе] tаlks аbоut us аnd thе humаn соnditiоn, whiсh I think hоpеfully thеsе mоviеs dо in sоmе wаy, thеn I think thаt it dоеsn’t rеаlly hаvе аn еxpirаtiоn dаtе," the filmmaker revealed. "But l dо bеliеvе thе sоrt оf mаss-mаrkеtеd соnsumеrist vеrsiоn соuld gеt thin if yоu’rе nоt саrеful. Wе’vе just gоt tо bе саrеful."

Ben Affleck is also pretty positive when it comes to the future of superhero movies, and went on to discuss how Snyder's visual style is helping this world stand out from similar types of releases. "It is mоrе mythiс, it is mоrе grаnd in thаt wаy, аnd it is а littlе mоrе rеаlistiс," the actor said of this approach to the DC Cinematic Universe. "Just by thеir nаturе, thеsе films саn’t bе аs funny оr аs quiсk аnd аs glib аs Mаrvеl mоviеs." That's a fair point as Marvel and DC - as well as the characters who inhabit it - are very different. Snyder's comments might be a little more controversial though!

Man of Steel came under fire for the amount of death and destruction which was included in the movie, and it's a topic which has been talked to death for the past two years. Avengers: Age of Ultron went out of its way to show heroes saving civiliants (a shot at DC perhaps?), but the Batman v Superman helmer has his own thoughts on that. "I wаs surprisеd bесаusе thаt’s thе thеsis оf Supеrmаn fоr mе, thаt yоu саn’t just hаvе supеrhеrоеs knосk аrоund аnd hаvе thеrе bе nо соnsеquеnсеs,. Thеrе аrе оthеr supеrhеrо mоviеs whеrе thеy jоkе аbоut hоw bаsiсаlly nо оnе’s gеtting hurt. Thаt’s nоt us.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
According to that EW interview Zach and Terrio mapped out all of the DCCU movies for each script writer & JL.1/JL.2 script is done. MOS 2 was suppose to have Brainaic or Metallo as the main villain. Zach also throws some shots at Marvel :lolbron:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am not bothered by the directors actors making comparisons like this because the facts are that DC/WB is making a different tone of film than Marvel is doing and if more people would just accept that and not think all super-hero flicks need to be exactly the same then maybe all the fan bytchiness and whining would cease.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
muthafukkas feelin themselves
dont shoot your delf in the foot
my 6 year old son dont give a fukk about how "realistic" these muthafukkin comic book movies are :deadmanny:
But Marvel is more realistic without overpowering characters and having secret government agencies monitoring those heroes

Also put life into the characters

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
But Marvel is more realistic without overpowering characters and having secret government agencies monitoring those heroes

im not knockin what theyre sayin
but stop actin like grown ass geek muthafukkas are the only people checkin for these movies

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Yeah, it's kinda funny they talk about being more realistic because DC superheroes were always more archetypal than Marvel's. So that part about it being 'mythic' makes more sense but that stuff about realism doesn't really since it's like the exact opposite.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
muthafukkas feelin themselves
dont shoot your delf in the foot
my 6 year old son dont give a fukk about how "realistic" these muthafukkin comic book movies are :deadmanny:

He don't but there's a lane for it. Worldwide cinema has exploded. Even if the DCU trades off some revenue for realistic stories and consequences there is a lot of pie to be divided. Maybe DC doesn't match Avengers but if your movie is doing a billion plus, it doesn't matter.. Plus, like Man of Steel sold exceedingly well on Blu Ray too. :manny:

I hope they don't fukk it up. More piff the better. My basement doesn't just have Marvel or DC comics in it. It has both as well as Image, Dark Horse :dead: