The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

92Inc

Fear me
Daps
Reppin
oklahoma city
I thi nk the push back was because Terrio rewrote the majority of the script. I read on Reddit that Goyer couldn't keep up with the shyt Zack wanted added to the film so he rushed it to turn in on time and WB was like ":wtf: is this :trash: breh?" Ben got a look at it and was like :camby: too so Ben suggested they bring in Terrio to take a look and fix shyt so he fixed the majority of it. WB was like :ohhh::gladbron: at the new script so they gave him JL 1&2 off the back

Link?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
his credentials aren't nowhere near special enough to have people hype this guy up as if they brought in William Goldman.

Who is hyping him up tho? He won an Academy Award for Argo. Whether you feel it was deserved or not is a matter of taste/opinion but he did it. That doesn't convince me that Superman/Batman is going to be a great movie or even well written but it's a start. They are using aspects of a comic that I like.. so the source material is there. They brought in a writer who has won an Oscar. They have a director who, whether you like him or not, is a visuals master and I don't think many people would argue that. It could still suck but from what we know about who is working on it and the snippets from the teaser and the source material and everything combined.. there is reason to be thinking positive.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i wonder too, are they tryna say that batman was here before superman? i fail to see how that works. especially considering that superman was literally the inspiration for batman to begin with. batman doesn't don a spandex suit and cape if not for superman. nor would he sport the symbol on his chest. that was superman's thing.

but the batman in this movie gon be like... :ohhh:"this alien got a suit just like mine"
Huh ? What are you referencing? B

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Huh ? What are you referencing? B

lol i'm just nitpicking.

in real life the inspiration for batman's design was heavily influenced by superman. the spandex suit, the tights, the cape, the insignia on the chest, etc... when superman was created that had just become the defacto superhero costume.

but it is obviously different in this movie-verse. in MOS it is explained to us that superman's suit was actually something his kryptonian ancestors wore. at the time we didn't know there was a batfleck out there because it hadn't been announced yet. but now with BVS, it is revealed to us that he has in fact been in gotham fighting crime long before superman ever revealed himself.

so if that's the case, then what is the inspiration for batman's suit? why does bruce wayne's homemade costume bare so much resemblance to kal-el's kryptonian garb? the tights, the cape, the insignia... was bruce wayne a kryptonian in another life? what are the odds?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
lol i'm just nitpicking.

in real life the inspiration for batman's design was heavily influenced by superman. the spandex suit, the tights, the cape, the insignia on the chest, etc... when superman was created that had just become the defacto superhero costume.

but it is obviously different in this movie-verse. in MOS it is explained to us that superman's suit was actually something his kryptonian ancestors wore. at the time we didn't know there was a batfleck out there because it hadn't been announced yet. but now with BVS, it is revealed to us that he has in fact been in gotham fighting crime long before superman ever revealed himself.

so if that's the case, then what is the inspiration for batman's suit? why does bruce wayne's homemade costume bare so much resemblance to kal-el's kryptonian garb? the tights, the cape, the insignia... was bruce wayne a kryptonian in another life? what are the odds?

I hear you breh..but I also agree with the first thing you said :russ: Don't make your brain explode on the strength of that. Remember, in Bruce's world, or at least it can be explained or has been explained in the animated series, that he was inspired by the gray ghost..then there's other sources, particularly Frank Miller's stuff, that says he was inspired by Zorro, hence the cape and the mask and the black car and the cave. And the bat symbol is the target he wears that's bullet proof.

So even without superman, its still possible for zorro to be a fictional character

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County