The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm not reaching anywhere here. Batman vowing not to kill anyone is as holy to him as the preservation of life is to Superman.

I ain't even gonna respond to the other posts. If you still don't comprehend the point I'm making (as well as flat-out ignoring half the examples I'm giving), I'm not wasting my time any further.

Instead I leave you all with a download link to Action Comics 775, for anyone who dares to see, or simply wonders, what a proper interpretation of a modern day Superman looks like.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ndtznjfnqkw

You can unpack the file with WinRar and view the images independently, or download the free program CDisplay to read it.

Didn't batman kill someone in batman returns?

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
He attacked Zod near his farm, smashed his ass through some fields and then punched him into a gas station in the heart of Smallville, breh. He literally took the fight to a heavily populated area. Kind of a fukked up thing to do for, you know, a guy who's supposed to be an ideal for us to look up to.
It was the first time he ever fought with his powers unrestrained. Why don't people grasp that?

And no one said shyt when The Avengers killed half of manhattan

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apparently that's different because Captain America gave a couple cops some orders,

Edit: This made me bring up the Avengers and go to after the attack.

It's a bunch of news reports with one newscaster calling saying it was an "extraterrestrial attack" saved by the Avengers, you've got grown men getting Tony Stark haircuts, people laughing, drinking beer in the middle of the street with Captain America shirts, people getting tatted up, chicks screaming they love Thor.

And some reports show people's businesses destroyed, people questioning who they are, complaining that they brought the trouble here.

How is that any different than what's happening with Superman?

You've got some people :blessed: because superheroes protected them

You've got some people :camby: because they feel they're a threat

Using the logic people are applying here, why would people be cool with the Hulk, Iron Man, Thor and Captain America running around NYC?

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would apply the same logical rigour to any other movie I watched in their treatment of human nature. I'm not about to close my eyes to the flaws I see just because mos didn't pass muster.
The people asking the questions about Superman's place in humanity in the trailer aren't cult followers, they're business people and journalists.

You're essentially arguing that it's ok that Superman was established off the bat as a potentially catastrophic threat to humanity because crazy people and serial killers will still think he's a cool guy.

Can you for a second put yourself in a world where the presence of a powerful alien led to the destruction of a city and could potentially mean the destruction of yours and say that you'd still want that alien on the planet? Think it through. The only logical response to the events of mos is wanting Superman gone.

The day I ever feel the need to judge a movie based on what might happen in a sequel is the day I stop watching superhero movies. That attitude makes absolutely no sense to me. Most people go to the movies to be entertained in a given sitting and I don't know why you guys expect people to turn of that prerogative just for mos.

More than anything else it showed right off the bat that Superman is willing to kill. He's among the last of his race and killed one of em for people he didn't know so what happens if he turns on humanity or vice versa? This isn't a new story. Many comics as well as the animated series' have used these same beats many times to explore superman's relationship with humanity but the difference is not one has used them as an establishing piece in his mythos because it automatically becomes a losing battle. At that point there's no way to justify the presence of Superman.

I have explained what I believe to be holes in the narrative arc of the story. It doesn't stand up to my scrutiny.
Look you don't like the story just say that cause you think it could of been handled differently . Your saying that superman has to only be done the way YOU think it should be and that's completely ridiculous and egotistical. In the wb/dcu universe they want to address supermans place in the modern world with this story and so they purposely had Him cause a shytload of collateral damage and even kill Zod . In the movie since he was inexperienced it is understandable that he couldn't stop The damage or stop a trained solider without killing him

Also it's a teaser they are trying to establish the way the world is reacting to superman , they show cops Bowing , they show a statue , they show it defaced also to go with the comments . If you can't get what those scenes are saying along with the quotes without seeing the movie then :yeshrug: that's on you

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was the first time he ever fought with his powers unrestrained. Why don't people grasp that?

Exactly ! It makes sense in movie context he was finding himself all those years after his dad's death not training like batman or learning to be a superhero . He didn't have years as superboy.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Didn't batman kill someone in batman returns?

Sure, he threw some guy with dynamite down a hole. And Nolan's Batman spent three movies emphasizing that he doesn't kill movie yet ending up with a far larger body count. What's your point?

Why don't people grasp that a Superman who shows no concern for collateral damage is a terrible interpretation of the character? It doesn't matter that he's green, he just flat out showed no signs that he even cared, which is the least they could do.

And aliens killed half of Manhattan, while the Avengers actively tried to save and evacuate as many people as possible while holding an entire alien army at bay. Again, Supes showed no signs that he could give a shyt, which again, is the least they could do.

Because, as I've said again and again, he doesn't necessarily have to succeed at rescuing people, but you got to, at the very least, show him trying to do so.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because, as I've said again and again, he doesn't necessarily have to succeed at rescuing people, but you got to, at the very least, show him trying to do so.
So Superman didn't try to save anyone during the movie?

And again, there's a difference between 6 superheroes fighting a swarm of aliens and a 1 on 1 fight.

At what point in the Superman/Zod fight does he get as much time to chill like you see here? Who is providing cover for Superman while he grabs people from a bus?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sure, he threw some guy with dynamite down a hole. And Nolan's Batman spent three movies emphasizing that he doesn't kill movie yet ending up with a far larger body count. What's your point?

Why don't people grasp that a Superman who shows no concern for collateral damage is a terrible interpretation of the character? It doesn't matter that he's green, he just flat out showed no signs that he even cared, which is the least they could do.

And aliens killed half of Manhattan, while the Avengers actively tried to save and evacuate as many people as possible while holding an entire alien army at bay. Again, Supes showed no signs that he could give a shyt, which again, is the least they could do.

The director of such films as Sucker Punch and Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole explains that he wanted to specifically explore Superman’s Zod-killing in the context of his development as a superhero. “If it’s truly an origin story, his aversion to killing is unexplained,” says Snyder, continuing:

I felt like, if we could find a way of making it impossible for him – Kobayashi Maru, totally no way out – I felt like that could also make you go, “This is the why of him never killing again.” He’s basically obliterated his entire people and his culture, and he is responsible for it, and he’s just, like, “How could I ever kill again?”

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
:deadmanny:
suburban ass muthafukkas stay comin out their lil holes when some DC shyt drop
we all gonna see the movie
why be a hoe about the shyt?
muthafukkas cant WAIT to throw shade at Marvel
muthafukkin new Batman every 3 years
Son from Boy Meets World gonna be the next Batman
You that Ol talk shyt but scared to quote a nikka ass type a nikka :mjlol:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
i love the colors. they look amazing in HD:blessed:

dAB6p02.jpg

FMTMRda.jpg

dCoeeqK.jpg

yF5Q1qe.jpg

OTuyBBQ.jpg

EzgZn1r.jpg

Can you do a similar still shot of Affleck in the batsuit?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
This fukking damage argument again. Jesus Christ:snoop:Superman wasn't fighting red shirt aliens like the Avengers were, he was fighting three other fukking Supermen:what:I swear nikkas intentionally become retards when it comes to arguing this. Three aliens as powerful as Supes were trying to terraform Earth. Three people as powerful as Supes didn't give a single fukk about the loss of human life or property damage. If Clark was fighting Random Alien #34 and resorted to taking said alien to a populated area and causing billions in damage, you idiots might have a point. He was fighting people with godlike powers just like his. He doesn't have the luxury of dictating how the fight is going to go down. The Avengers final battle happened in NY, aka the most densely populated city on Google Earth. Good luck evacuating that in 30 mins. It's not like we see multiple civilians in the scene throughout the final battle, right?:francis: I don't recall anyone trying to lure the aliens to Long Island:francis: fukk it, I'll just quote myself from a long time ago:
This. Superman has been involved in fights that level buildings and destroy good chunks of cities(resulting in who knows how many deaths) countless times through all the mediums he's been depicted in. This is just people that didn't want to like the movie and don't like the character looking for something to complain about. Same losers watched Avengers like
ub1sL.png
despite multiple characters with the ability to cause less destruction going ham anyway. I can go on Youtube right now and up some of Superman's fights to make nikkas look really silly right now:

And it's not just when he's fighting villians either
rmh.png
:

This faux outrage over the damage that occurs in MOS is probably the most disingenuous complaint I've heard over a comic book movie (which is saying a lot). If you have an inkling of familiarity with the character you'd know this shyt has happened a lot. Minus Kryptonite, you're going to need amazingly powerful foes if you're trying to believably put Supes in peril. That's only gonna lead to DBZ levels of destruction. The destruction in MOS is to a grander scale but that should be expected: it's a blockbuster summer movie with a huge budget.