Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a sniper rifle?:ohhh:...I thought it was the top of a pole or beam

But it's a sniper rifle? Ohhh Man!
d91.gif

if u know where the inspiration for that scene comes from... u know why this trailer should have u hyped as fukk.

batman in the mech suit is the obvious tie-in.

but bats with the rifle grapple?

some of u nikkas aint ready for what's coming. :wow:

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The tone on display is only part of the movie. The hopeless, helpless despair of people's imaginations being crushed by him. It sets up his doubt - making him wonder if he truly is doing more harm than good.

Batman adding his angst to the shyt, which has made him a prick that no longer cares what he's become, which is something that's hopeless himself, will begin be the test Superman steps to. The true fight will be the ideals both push upon one another, to the point where Batman fades further into that pit, and Superman might be near falling in.

Then, the gawdess appears, proceeds to slap the shyt out of both these nikkas, then teaches Superman that his symbol of hope is what he must live up to, while throwing the sweet, amazonian puss Batman's way, and bringing him back to the fight he's been hoping would kill him for years now.

I'm ready! :damn:

now you know, only 1 getting in that snappy nappy dugout, and it aint the bat

of course i'm not counting all the others that have broke her off lol

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first part makes no sense. How would it be the case that he'd better understand the implications of killing better at the first movie than the third?

Do people really pay money to go to a movie theatre expecting to be dissatisfied whilst hoping that the sequel addresses their fundamental concerns? Because that's silly to me. If you enjoyed the movie that's cool but expecting trailers for the next movie to change the minds of people that didn't makes no sense.

Is the bolded supposed to be a general statement? because if so, no. Some narrative arcs are unsalvageable. I wouldn't go as far as to say that's the case with this franchise but I'm not overly optimistic.

This isn't about which iteration I prefer. I've enjoyed many different versions of the character in varying mediums but I believe the way in which they attempted to establish the character in mos was tone deaf and inherently flawed.

And this is pretty tired but we're not children. "Then don't watch it" isn't an argument. It is a juvenile stance taken by people that don't like criticism of things that they like. I watched mos and I'll almost definitely watch the next one and I hope it will be a better movie than mos but I'm not obliged to go along with a narrative that I feel doesn't work.
In reference to Why does it take uncle bens death for Spider-Man to understand about responsiblity? In the same vein Having taken a life can make superman realize he never wants it to happen again and a bunch of other things and not Everyone was dissatisfied with the things your complaining about . The movie isn't flawless but if your main concern is the destruction and killing of Zod that's nit picky as it Serves a purpose for supermans development

Last edited:

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
Your holding humanity to some elevated standard that isn't realistic . The point I'm making is just the fact that a man with godlike abilities exists would get him some followers no matter what his initial interactions is . Cults and religions have existed for years with no proof and negative interactions abounding yet people still follow them so it's not unbelievable some people won't follow him for various reasons . Another factor is some people also use common sense and Won't automatically blame superman for the actions of all the kryptonians due to the reporting of the events . Superman looks like a handsome guy who just happens to have powers ,some people are going to give him a chance based off that . I mean serial killers get marriage proposals in jails and they have absolutely nothing to offer . You don't have to love the story but this isn't a standalone movie and it's suppose to have ramifications going forward for the character but even without that aspect it shows how far superman would go to protect human life when he was willing to turn on his own people to save humans .He turned himself in also to try and save the earth . Your not liking the story doesn't negate the validity of the story
I would apply the same logical rigour to any other movie I watched in their treatment of human nature. I'm not about to close my eyes to the flaws I see just because mos didn't pass muster.
The people asking the questions about Superman's place in humanity in the trailer aren't cult followers, they're business people and journalists.

You're essentially arguing that it's ok that Superman was established off the bat as a potentially catastrophic threat to humanity because crazy people and serial killers will still think he's a cool guy.

Can you for a second put yourself in a world where the presence of a powerful alien led to the destruction of a city and could potentially mean the destruction of yours and say that you'd still want that alien on the planet? Think it through. The only logical response to the events of mos is wanting Superman gone.

The day I ever feel the need to judge a movie based on what might happen in a sequel is the day I stop watching superhero movies. That attitude makes absolutely no sense to me. Most people go to the movies to be entertained in a given sitting and I don't know why you guys expect people to turn of that prerogative just for mos.

More than anything else it showed right off the bat that Superman is willing to kill. He's among the last of his race and killed one of em for people he didn't know so what happens if he turns on humanity or vice versa? This isn't a new story. Many comics as well as the animated series' have used these same beats many times to explore superman's relationship with humanity but the difference is not one has used them as an establishing piece in his mythos because it automatically becomes a losing battle. At that point there's no way to justify the presence of Superman.

I have explained what I believe to be holes in the narrative arc of the story. It doesn't stand up to my scrutiny.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
I swear nikkas are being obtuse on purpose :mjlol:

Don't even know why you nikkas are even entertaining these salty ass nikkas. If I ain't know better I would swear Disney was cutting these nikkas checks :francis:
This tribalistic nonsense is hilarious to me :pachaha:
People will give thousands of opinions about shyt all day on this site but if it's a negative opinion of something they like then somebody must be cutting cheques?

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I would apply the same logical rigour to any other movie I watched in their treatment of human nature. I'm not about to close my eyes to the flaws I see just because mos didn't pass muster.
The people asking the questions about Superman's place in humanity in the trailer aren't cult followers, they're business people and journalists.

You're essentially arguing that it's ok that Superman was established off the bat as a potentially catastrophic threat to humanity because crazy people and serial killers will still think he's a cool guy.

Can you for a second put yourself in a world where the presence of a powerful alien led to the destruction of a city and could potentially mean the destruction of yours and say that you'd still want that alien on the planet? Think it through. The only logical response to the events of mos is wanting Superman gone.

The day I ever feel the need to judge a movie based on what might happen in a sequel is the day I stop watching superhero movies. That attitude makes absolutely no sense to me. Most people go to the movies to be entertained in a given sitting and I don't know why you guys expect people to turn of that prerogative just for mos.

More than anything else it showed right off the bat that Superman is willing to kill. He's among the last of his race and killed one of em for people he didn't know so what happens if he turns on humanity or vice versa? This isn't a new story. Many comics as well as the animated series' have used these same beats many times to explore superman's relationship with humanity but the difference is not one has used them as an establishing piece in his mythos because it automatically becomes a losing battle. At that point there's no way to justify the presence of Superman.

I have explained what I believe to be holes in the narrative arc of the story. It doesn't stand up to my scrutiny.

images

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
People will give thousands of opinions about shyt all day on this site but if it's a negative opinion of something they like then somebody must be cutting cheques?
You have been given countless of logical reasons yet you still writing essays. I for one will not entertain your nonsense
images

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I love overall perception of supes in this movie, well at least in this teaser. The idea of a man who can fly and all that shyt would be off putting to people in 2015. It ain't the 40s and 50s anymore :mjpls:
What about a man who saved the entire planet with his bare hands... Would people :manny: that too in 2015?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:deadmanny:
suburban ass muthafukkas stay comin out their lil holes when some DC shyt drop
we all gonna see the movie
why be a hoe about the shyt?
muthafukkas cant WAIT to throw shade at Marvel
muthafukkin new Batman every 3 years
Son from Boy Meets World gonna be the next Batman

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
:deadmanny:
suburban ass muthafukkas stay comin out their lil holes when some DC shyt drop
we all gonna see the movie
why be a hoe about the shyt?
muthafukkas cant WAIT to throw shade at Marvel
muthafukkin new Batman every 3 years
Son from Boy Meets World gonna be the next Batman
This is exactly what I was talking about :beli:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

And those people asking questions are people that seem to be giving him the :camby:

You're essentially arguing that it's ok that Superman was established off the bat as a potentially catastrophic threat to humanity because crazy people and serial killers will still think he's a cool guy. Can you for a second put yourself in a world where the presence of a powerful alien led to the destruction of a city and could potentially mean the destruction of yours and say that you'd still want that alien on the planet? Think it through. The only logical response to the events of mos is wanting Superman gone.
Superman can fly, has super strength, speed and bullets can bounce off his chest. By his very being, he's a potentially catastrophic threat to humanity. Realistically, you don't need to see him battle someone of equal ilk and destroy a bunch of shyt to question if he's dangerous or not. He was 10 years old lifting school buses full of children, even when he was saving people, he was still someone that you had to question.

You think realistically, no one would have a problem with Superman until a city is destroyed?

And surely you should be able to understand the other side. Someone sees the presence of a powerful alien that prevented the city from being destroyed by 3 similar aliens that came to Earth with that intention. It's not hard to see why some may see his presence as a good thing, if he can prevent total ruin, he can do it again.

More than anything else it showed right off the bat that Superman is willing to kill.
:beli:

Look at what happens at :52. That's the face and scream of someone that did something that they did not want to, something they realized immediately.

He's among the last of his race and killed one of em for people he didn't know so what happens if he turns on humanity or vice versa?
Then he's a problem, one that people will have to figure out how to handle, this was hinted at as we saw in MoS with the government coming at him on more than occasion. And as we'll see in BvS with him being questioned by the media, Lex Luthor, Batman and others.