The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
yeah, but it was addressed at the end of the movie
the whole "these HEROES done cause millions upon millions of damage to this city"
which will ultimately lead into the superhero registration act (Civil War)
And I'm sure the damage will be addressed in bvs.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Like I've literally said in this thread already:

I would've been fine with (or at least more accepting of) all the fukking destruction and death if they bothered to show Superman at least trying to prevent/circumvent it. He doesn't have to succeed and save everybody all the time, but he should try. Hell, you could argue that is his biggest weakness (besides lolkryptonitewins), because he would give up his advantage in a fight to save a bystander's life.

:snoop:

All the destruction caused in the Smallville fight is because he took the fight there. That's on him.

He pummels Zod through numerous buildings in Metropolis without any regard for protecting the city. Everyone in those buildings is dead and he didn't give a fukk about it.

Because The Avengers movie clearly showed Cap out there saving people from the attack while the big guns dealt with the invading forces.
Saving the world from zod IS showing him saving people. Hows that so hard to grasp?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because The Avengers movie clearly showed Cap out there saving people from the attack while the big guns dealt with the invading forces.
So Cap was able to focus on saving people because he had 6-7 other superheroes putting in work. Was Zod gonna be cool with Superman saying "Pause" so he can help people out :dwillhuh:
yeah, but it was addressed at the end of the movie
the whole "these HEROES done cause millions upon millions of damage to this city"
which will ultimately lead into the superhero registration act (Civil War)
The shyt is addressed in the trailer, the first 30 seconds is people questioning this dude and how fukked up things could be.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Finding himself has nothing to do with him being careless (and uncaring) as hell. It's just a poor iteration of the character. How about we have a young Batman kill a couple of thugs on some "Well, he's still finding myself" shyt and see how well that one goes over with the crowd?

So now you're equating it to Superman killing people? Come on breh this is a reach even for you

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Superman barely even spoke in mos. He didn't even do anything.

Superman should be have strong charisma and charm. I feel like he didn't even have a presence in the last movie. He was just...there.

Cap in winter soldier was more superman than superman.

I hate to keep harping on donner but it's hard not to when you get it so right the first time. I'm not saying I want the same exact movie again but at least shoot for a depiction of the character that captures that same essence.

Superman was a fukkin weirdo creepazoid in the last movie basically. No personality.

You gotta let the Donner thing go man. It aint happening again. That depiction of the character was perfect for that time but even in the new 52, they altered Superman's character in action comics when that first started. And Superman earth one. and birthright. I'm not saying you're wrong at all but you can't have it both ways; you can't big up the burton batman films but then decry something else for not getting the character right

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So now you're equating it to Superman killing people? Come on breh this is a reach even for you

I'm not reaching anywhere here. Batman vowing not to kill anyone is as holy to him as the preservation of life is to Superman.

I ain't even gonna respond to the other posts. If you still don't comprehend the point I'm making (as well as flat-out ignoring half the examples I'm giving), I'm not wasting my time any further.

Instead I leave you all with a download link to Action Comics 775, for anyone who dares to see, or simply wonders, what a proper interpretation of a modern day Superman looks like.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ndtznjfnqkw

You can unpack the file with WinRar and view the images independently, or download the free program CDisplay to read it.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He attacked Zod near his farm, smashed his ass through some fields and then punched him into a gas station in the heart of Smallville, breh. He literally took the fight to a heavily populated area. Kind of a fukked up thing to do for, you know, a guy who's supposed to be an ideal for us to look up to.
This was a brand new superman ! Have you ever read his book? Not every fight does he get the bad guy out to the Grand Canyon or the moon to fight them and that's experienced superman .

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not reaching anywhere here. Batman vowing not to kill anyone is as holy to him as the preservation of life is to Superman.

I ain't even gonna respond to the other posts. If you still don't comprehend the point I'm making (as well as flat-out ignoring half the examples I'm giving), I'm not wasting my time any further.

Instead I leave you all with a download link to Action Comics 775, for anyone who dares to see, or simply wonders, what a proper interpretation of a modern day Superman looks like.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ndtznjfnqkw

You can unpack the file with WinRar and view the images independently, or download the free program CDisplay to read it.
Superman "killed" doomsday . He didn't know he was immortal or whatever at the time so :camby: just because your favorite interpretation is one way stop trying to make it the only way . comics are a fluid medium man . Young idealist superman isn't the same as the superman from the 60s 70s . You Might as well be lamenting Adam west campy pow bam batman and saying how serious dark batman
Sucks

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
11159451_929111303801552_7866084892281834592_n.jpg

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
I think the collateral damage element could have been handled better. In all other iterations he's been hyper-aware of the effects his powers could have on even an individual life and that didn't come through very well but that shyt is a bit of a red herring.

When it comes down to it the biggest mistake they made was they way they used Zod as the first villain. Superman has no time to establish himself as this mythic, benevolent force on the planet before somebody else just like him is trying to destroy it. In fact most humans found out that Superman existed as a result of Zod, so what reason would ordinary people have to lionise him and trust him when the first thing they know about him is that his presence brought invaders and destruction?

The spectacle was great, but it didn't do a good job setting the scene and building goodwill at least on a scale that matched the destruction that introduces him to the world. As a result all the imagery they've put forth of Superman as a godly/ascendant figure feels implausible.