The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
There were multiple instances of Superman protecting people though. I guess because he didn't stop fighting Zod to help an old lady cross the street and get a little girl's cat out of a tree completely made him not Superman to you.:stopitslime:

He attacked Zod near his farm, smashed his ass through some fields and then punched him into a gas station in the heart of Smallville, breh. He literally took the fight to a heavily populated area. Kind of a fukked up thing to do for, you know, a guy who's supposed to be an ideal for us to look up to.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He attacked Zod near his farm, smashed his ass through some fields and then punched him into a gas station in the heart of Smallville, breh. He literally took the fight to a heavily populated area. Kind of a fukked up thing to do for, you know, a guy who's supposed to be an ideal for us to look up to.

He can't be ideal to look up to if he's still finding himself breh. Which was kinda the point of the movie. He was trying to figure out who he was and who he wanted to be. Why don't you watch this movie and then come back with your complaints of his character. If you still have them then I will agree with you that its foul but if not then let sleeping dogs lie

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
He can't be ideal to look up to if he's still finding himself breh. Which was kinda the point of the movie. He was trying to figure out who he was and who he wanted to be. Why don't you watch this movie and then come back with your complaints of his character. If you still have them then I will agree with you that its foul but if not then let sleeping dogs lie

Finding himself has nothing to do with him being careless (and uncaring) as hell. It's just a poor iteration of the character. How about we have a young Batman kill a couple of thugs on some "Well, he's still finding myself" shyt and see how well that one goes over with the crowd?

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps

that was his first turn at being "super man" against a villain. This is a man who just found out who he was and is still searching for his place on this planet. You really expected a nikka like that to turn into the superman that is well seasoned and shyt when it comes to his abilities nd villains?

c'mon scrap....common sense my nikka

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Batman has been right before breh. Whether it be whatever version they've gone with they've gotten it right because batman has been done numerous times in his long history. Superman has been done right too and even if you disagree with the tone of man of steel for the most part, emphasis on most, he was done right too. But the characters are always going to be adapted and modified for whatever audience. Downey's iron man is right more or less but he's more Downey than tony from the comics. He's just another adaptation
Superman barely even spoke in mos. He didn't even do anything.

Superman should be have strong charisma and charm. I feel like he didn't even have a presence in the last movie. He was just...there.

Cap in winter soldier was more superman than superman.

I hate to keep harping on donner but it's hard not to when you get it so right the first time. I'm not saying I want the same exact movie again but at least shoot for a depiction of the character that captures that same essence.

Superman was a fukkin weirdo creepazoid in the last movie basically. No personality.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps

Superman should be have strong charisma and charm. I feel like he didn't even have a presence in the last movie. He was just...there.

I hate to keep harping on donner but it's hard not to when you get it so right the first time. I'm not saying I want the same exact movie again but at least shoot for a depiction of the character that captures that same essence.

Superman was a fukkin weirdo creepazoid in the last movie basically. No personality.
so i take it you like superman returns then?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Kinda strange to see you going on and on about how characters should and shouldnt act and their essence when you love burtons batman films that contain batman killing people.

Is it oochie wally or one mic?

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
that was his first turn at being "super man" against a villain. This is a man who just found out who he was and is still searching for his place on this planet. You really expected a nikka like that to turn into the superman that is well seasoned and shyt when it comes to his abilities nd villains?

c'mon scrap....common sense my nikka

Like I've literally said in this thread already:

Don't give me that "Well, he's just starting out", if they wanted to show that they could've made him fail, but don't have him not even try, because every iteration of the character would at least try, because that's the heart and soul of the character.

I would've been fine with (or at least more accepting of) all the fukking destruction and death if they bothered to show Superman at least trying to prevent/circumvent it. He doesn't have to succeed and save everybody all the time, but he should try. Hell, you could argue that is his biggest weakness (besides lolkryptonitewins), because he would give up his advantage in a fight to save a bystander's life.

He was saving people throughout the entire movie. He saved the entire world at the end. lol

:snoop:

All the destruction caused in the Smallville fight is because he took the fight there. That's on him.

He pummels Zod through numerous buildings in Metropolis without any regard for protecting the city. Everyone in those buildings is dead and he didn't give a fukk about it.

And yet I dont see the same complaints levied at the avengers film that contained the city being destroyed and loss of life.

Wonder why?

Because The Avengers movie clearly showed Cap out there saving people from the attack while the big guns dealt with the invading forces.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody got a link to the very 1st MOS trailer? I don't remember it but keep saying how good DC trailers are being brought up

I keep finding the 3rd and 4th trailers for TV though

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
And yet I dont see the same complaints levied at the avengers film that contained the city being destroyed and loss of life.

Wonder why?
yeah, but it was addressed at the end of the movie
the whole "these HEROES done cause millions upon millions of damage to this city"
which will ultimately lead into the superhero registration act (Civil War)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Why didn't the Avengers bring the fight with the Non-Skrulls into the hills? :dwillhuh:

BIT WHAT ABOUT THE RABBITS THAT LIVE IN THE HILLS!!!:damn:

Superman should have turned to the camera and said "snoop doggs not the only one who crushes buildings"

That would have been so fun.

MOAR QUIPS!!!

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
He pummels Zod through numerous buildings in Metropolis without any regard for protecting the city.

This is not true at all. Zod did the pummeling through buildings. I've watched the scene numerous times. Superman was getting thrown through shyt by Zod.

Cap was "saving people" . Well, hundreds still died in the 'Battle of New York' my G. :manny: