The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trailer doesn't look interesting to me at all. I know it's a teaser and all but this is also supposed to be a clash between arguably/certainly the two biggest superheroes of all time, and this trailer doesn't carry that weight at all.

Then again, I'm neither a fan of MoS nor The Dark Knight Returns, so this movie might just not be for me.
How doesn't it carry that weight?

It's showing a world split between the thoughts of Superman being a god that's there to save them and him being the thing that will destroy it. You've got the police kneeling to dude, people reaching to the heavens for him, his statue being torn down.

Batman is clearly on the side that believes Superman is a threat and it ends with him armoring up and talking shyt in Metropolis.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really need to know why the conflict starts though

Don't dumb down Batman and make him a pseudo villain
Superman was just involved in some shyt that led to the deaths of a bunch of people and an obscene amount of property damage.

He's a man that can fly, has superhuman strength, speed and can shoot lasers out of his eyes. Some people are wary of him and question what a man with that much power can do. Batman is one of those people.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
How doesn't it carry that weight?

It's showing a world split between the thoughts of Superman being a god that's there to save them and him being the thing that will destroy it. You've got the police kneeling to dude, people reaching to the heavens for him, his statue being torn down.

Batman is clearly on the side that believes Superman is a threat and it ends with him armoring up and talking shyt in Metropolis.

I mean the weight of their confrontation. The way I look at these things, if you ignore the fact that it's Bats and Supes, what part of the trailer is actually looking like exciting cinema on its own? To me, not much. It's an issue I have with a lot of teasers these days, where I feel they're not trying to sell me on the movie but simply expect me to care just because of the namesake.

For an example of how it's done right, look at the Furious 7 Superbowl Spot (basically its teaser). It's a minute long, explains the story simple and clearly, boasts some of the action and basically tells you exactly what you can expect and why you should want to watch it.

To get back to the BvS teaser not carrying much weight to me, I've seen nothing in it to suggest that this is going to be an amazing one of a kind experience. And I think even though it's just the first teaser (of surely many more trailers to come), that's not good enough for the first time we're going to see Batman and Superman on the screen together.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Smh at this bootleg shyt

CCzJ-f_UsAA2CIq.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I mean the weight of their confrontation. The way I look at these things, if you ignore the fact that it's Bats and Supes, what part of the trailer is actually looking like exciting cinema on its own? To me, not much. It's an issue I have with a lot of teasers these days, where I feel they're not trying to sell me on the movie but simply expect me to care just because of the namesake.

For an example of how it's done right, look at the Furious 7 Superbowl Spot (basically its teaser). It's a minute long, explains the story simple and clearly, boasts some of the action and basically tells you exactly what you can expect and why you should want to watch it.

To get back to the BvS teaser not carrying much weight to me, I've seen nothing in it to suggest that this is going to be an amazing one of a kind experience. And I think even though it's just the first teaser (of surely many more trailers to come), that's not good enough for the first time we're going to see Batman and Superman on the screen together.
635515964280865297-8886480_michaelscott10.gif

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

movie could be straight ass cheeks and muthafukkas'll still love the shyt
outside of the Batman animated series and the Superman one I NEVER understood the obsession people have with these 2 characters
i dont knock it
just weird
theyre not even that interesting imo
edit: but here i am in this circle jerk ass thread:snoop:

Last edited: