The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah at this point they can only gain hadcore BvS stans who wouldnt have gone otherwise. Not that I can imagine who those people are....:yeshrug:

They're poised to make a billi on this movie. Not sure what preventing DC from doing the same accomplishes.

Right..they don't have the 50 cent approach or the nikka on the block approach: If I don't eat, no one eats and if I'm eating, no one else is going to eat.

they always care about money: getting more of it and taking it away from the comp, dont let them fool you...

anyway, like i said to the cat above: yall going with that rumor, i'm not....we'll see/find out in a couple weeks....

I understand that breh but again, explain to me how this movie, which comes out March 25, cuts into their profits even a little? I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand that breh but again, explain to me how this movie, which comes out March 25, cuts into their profits even a little? I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.

where did i say it would cut into their profits?....it's not, both will make a shyt load of money....i just said marvel might wish them well, but that doesnt mean they want to directly help them by advertising one of, if not the most anticipated movie not named star wars on their highly anticipated movie....if they put the trailer on avengers, and bvs ends up making more money than avengers or cap 3, marvel not gonna like that and will question the decision to include the trailer...

....yea, these companies are happy with the money they make, but they still like to make more than the comp...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
where did i say it would cut into their profits?....it's not, both will make a shyt load of money....i just said marvel might wish them well, but that doesnt mean they want to directly help them by advertising one of, if not the most anticipated movie not named star wars on their highly anticipated movie....if they put the trailer on avengers, and bvs ends up making more money than avengers or cap 3, marvel not gonna like that and will question the decision to include the trailer...

....yea, these companies are happy with the money they make, but they still like to make more than the comp...

I still feel like you're off breh but whatever, as long as we eat, I really don't give a damn. Obviously we're going off of what we think and read and since we don't have any real insights into how these people think, it's all hearsay

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
just cause you dont think that helps doesnt mean it doesnt....having the trailer of a movie people are hyped to see helps any movie it's attached to...just like it helps the movie in the trailer being attached to a hyped movie....

marvel/disney are bothered with what wb/dc is doing, they've shown it...ex: like i mentioned in the ss thread: as soon as wb announced they diversified heroes, marvel followed suit quickly...these companies are aware of each other and the moves, that's businsess....

anyway, like i said in my edit: i see yall running with that rumor...which i understand, cause i wanna see a trailer for this movie bad too, i just doubt that rumor....guess we'll find out....

It's the fans who are hyped to see the trailer not your average joe who will see it for the first time at the movies. They're not going to watch movie X just for a trailer, they're going for whatever movie they've paid to see. How can it overly help when it will already be on the internet days before?. If this was 10-15 years ago I would agree but now? I don't see how it works. Avengers 2 will have a very large audience worldwide, a film that everyone will see day and weekend 1 and one that can overlap to this movie a lot better than Mad Max.

On your second point they said they were going to announce their new slate of films in June as opposed to October but contracts and deals held it up:manny: outside of movie dates(Captain America 3 vs BvS) there hasn't been anything to see.
WB don't even have their shared universe up and successfully running yet:yeshrug:. It's not like Fox Studios who have characters they want back and can integrate into their movies/universe.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the fans who are hyped to see the trailer not your average joe who will see it for the first time at the movies. They're not going to watch movie X just for a trailer, they're going for whatever movie they've paid to see. How can it overly help when it will already be on the internet days before?. If this was 10-15 years ago I would agree but now? I don't see how it works. Avengers 2 will have a very large audience worldwide, a film that everyone will see day and weekend 1 and one that can overlap to this movie a lot better than Mad Max.

On your second point they said they were going to announce their new slate of films in June as opposed to October but contracts and deals held it up:manny: outside of movie dates(Captain America 3 vs BvS) there hasn't been anything to see.
WB don't even have their shared universe up and successfully running yet:yeshrug:. It's not like Fox Studios who have characters they want back and can integrate into their movies/universe.

you're underestimating the appeal of batman and superman, but ok...

as for my second point: i wasnt talking about the release dates nor does it have to do with dc having a universe....i was just pointing out how these companies pay attention to each other and using the diversified casts as an example....marvel has a however many movie head start, but most of their main heroes have been white males...the min dc announced their diversified cast, marvel was quick to say 'we gonna do that too, look'....they couldve been done it cause like we said they have the head start, but they didnt...and they only doing it now cause they think dc will have a broader net/make more money than them cause of that...fox is doing the same shyt.....that was all i was saying in regards to them paying attention to each other...

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Waiting...
5i8yWYy.gif