The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my bad i misread it.

but i don't think disney gets to choose what trailers are attached to what movies. that would be ludicrous.

actually studios do get to pick what trailers are shown, at least 2-3 of the slots....the other slots are dedicated to similar type movies and/or movies with earlier release dates...

that time before the main movie is important cause that advertising is priceless; and just like other aspects in life, there is a lot of games/politics played to determine what is shown.....as much as wb would like to be shown, i highly doubt disney allows it...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
that's different.......that helped avengers cause the movie was still unproven at the time and everyone wanted a piece of the last movie in the trilogy (dkr), so having something gives you that extra push....so disney was smart allowing that......where as bvs does not....no way disney is gonna want people talking about the comp's movie like that....

...if i'm wrong, i have no problem saying it and accepting it...hell, i'd be happy to be wrong cause it means i get to see the trailer sooner...i just highly doubt this happens...

Homie only in the minds of fans are they in direct competition with each other. Businesses look at it like this: a rising tide lifts all boats and as long as one film isn't coming out on the same release date as another, it works out for everyone. This movie drops in march of next year, meaning they won't be cutting into any marvel profit or vice versa.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Homie only in the minds of fans are they in direct competition with each other. Businesses look at it like this: a rising tide lifts all boats and as long as one film isn't coming out on the same release date as another, it works out for everyone. This movie drops in march of next year, meaning they won't be cutting into any marvel profit or vice versa.

not true about the comp....companies think about this a lot and do everything to give themselves the edge, that thing that makes them stand out compared to others in the same industry....

you're right, this movie does drop next year and wont cut into marvel's profits this year, but that doesnt mean they will put a trailer for the next highly anticipated comic book movie that's not from their studio....something to compare it to: look at how marvel is treating xmen, spidey (well, not anymore), and ff4 in comics/tv shows...they have been fukking them over cause they dont own the movie/tv rights to them...marvel has come out and said this....so if they willing to do that to properties they still partially own, what makes you think they wouldnt do that to shyt they dont own at all?....

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
not true about the comp....companies think about this a lot and do everything to give themselves the edge, that thing that makes them stand out compared to others in the same industry....

you're right, this movie does drop next year and wont cut into marvel's profits this year, but that doesnt mean they will put a trailer for the next highly anticipated comic book movie that's not from their studio....something to compare it to: look at how marvel is treating xmen, spidey (well, not anymore), and ff4 in comics/tv shows...they have been fukking them over cause they dont own the movie/tv rights to them...marvel has come out and said this....so if they willing to do that to properties they still partially own, what makes you think they wouldnt do that to shyt they dont own at all?....

Because they have bad blood with fox or at least Marvel Studios' CEO does..on the comic side, they'll be fine and they'll be back after secret wars, the editor in chief has already stated so. That's something personal between he and Fox, which interferes with business and we all know letting personal feelings interfere with business is in fact, bad business.

And again, I firmly believe the competition is something drummed up with fans at least the idea of it being some heated rivalry; if anything its healthy competition and Kevin Feige has already said he welcomes that because he's a fan of superman and batman and that whole lineup just like the filmmakers who work for him. It's not that serious to them because they believe, unlike many fans apparently, that liking one doesn't mean you'll dislike the other. Me going to see a batman/superman film doesn't mean I won't go see Civil War or vice versa, just like me buying a spider man comic doesn't mean I won't buy a batman comic. Are there people who act like they can only like one company or one group? Yeah of course, but I'd wager with you that it's a very small percentage of fans who are like that while the masses just want to be entertained

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
where does it say anything about avengers in that link? it just says the trailer has been approved, but doesnt say what movie it'll be on...

Odds are it's Avengers since it releases in UK on the 23rd and other countries on the 22nd

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because they have bad blood with fox or at least Marvel Studios' CEO does..on the comic side, they'll be fine and they'll be back after secret wars, the editor in chief has already stated so. That's something personal between he and Fox, which interferes with business and we all know letting personal feelings interfere with business is in fact, bad business.

And again, I firmly believe the competition is something drummed up with fans at least the idea of it being some heated rivalry; if anything its healthy competition and Kevin Feige has already said he welcomes that because he's a fan of superman and batman and that whole lineup just like the filmmakers who work for him. It's not that serious to them because they believe, unlike many fans apparently, that liking one doesn't mean you'll dislike the other. Me going to see a batman/superman film doesn't mean I won't go see Civil War or vice versa, just like me buying a spider man comic doesn't mean I won't buy a batman comic. Are there people who act like they can only like one company or one group? Yeah of course, but I'd wager with you that it's a very small percentage of fans who are like that while the masses just want to be entertained

has nothing to do liking one or the other cause i'm not talking about the fans, i'm talking about the businesses themselves....cause like you said: most fans arent one or the other, and will support both companies.....but as for the companies themselves, they can say all the nice/pr things they want in public, but that doesnt mean they will directly help the comp....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Odds are it's Avengers since it releases in UK on the 23rd and other countries on the 22nd

lol...and how did you decide that?...cause nothing on that link says anything about when the trailer will be shown....again: it just says it's been approved.....

edit: ok, i get it now...yall running with that rumor lol...ok, do yall....

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
that's different.......that helped avengers cause the movie was still unproven at the time and everyone wanted a piece of the last movie in the trilogy (dkr), so having something gives you that extra push....so disney was smart allowing that......where as bvs does not....no way disney is gonna want people talking about the comp's movie like that....

...if i'm wrong, i have no problem saying it and accepting it...hell, i'd be happy to be wrong cause it means i get to see the trailer sooner...i just highly doubt this happens...

Movie was already tracking for a big opening long before that. Don't see a trailer for a new movie adding big numbers to another movie anyway. It will be online beforehand for the fans who are the ones who would attend the screening just for the trailer. Attaching it to a big movie gives it more exposure and the two movies have the same audience. Don't think Marvel and Disney are that bothered about what WB are doing with their superhero movies outside of movie dates.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
has nothing to do liking one or the other cause i'm not talking about the fans, i'm talking about the businesses themselves....cause like you said: most fans arent one or the other, and will support both companies.....but as for the companies themselves, they can say all the nice/pr things they want in public, but that doesnt mean they will directly help the comp....

Yeah but again, Marvel is in a position where it doesn't matter to them breh. They're printing money at this point. It's not bad business breh, it's basically "who cares" at this point for them

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was already tracking for a big opening long before that. Don't see a trailer for a new movie adding big numbers to another movie anyway. It will be online beforehand for the fans who are the ones who would attend the screening just for the trailer. Attaching it to a big movie gives it more exposure and the two movies have the same audience. Don't think Marvel and Disney are that bothered about what WB are doing with their superhero movies outside of movie dates.

just cause you dont think that helps doesnt mean it doesnt....having the trailer of a movie people are hyped to see helps any movie it's attached to...just like it helps the movie in the trailer being attached to a hyped movie....

marvel/disney are bothered with what wb/dc is doing, they've shown it...ex: like i mentioned in the ss thread: as soon as wb announced they diversified heroes, marvel followed suit quickly...these companies are aware of each other and the moves, that's businsess....

anyway, like i said in my edit: i see yall running with that rumor...which i understand, cause i wanna see a trailer for this movie bad too, i just doubt that rumor....guess we'll find out....

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Yeah but again, Marvel is in a position where it doesn't matter to them breh. They're printing money at this point. It's not bad business breh, it's basically "who cares" at this point for them
Yeah at this point they can only gain hadcore BvS stans who wouldnt have gone otherwise. Not that I can imagine who those people are....:yeshrug:

They're poised to make a billi on this movie. Not sure what preventing DC from doing the same accomplishes.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

they always care about money: getting more of it and taking it away from the comp, dont let them fool you...

anyway, like i said to the cat above: yall going with that rumor, i'm not....we'll see/find out in a couple weeks....