The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
i guess its not really nerfing per say but its the visuals and choreography with thor and how its translated on film. his fight with the frost giants was the only time he felt legit, like compare that part to anything else he's done (opening in AOU :scust: ) and you get what i'm trying to say. yea sure no one really challenges him (alien troops/robots are fodder, loki will always loose and he's not even close to his comic portrayal in terms of skill and magic usuage) but when its foes above the line its usually a meh fight (destroyer armor gotta one-shotted, like really; kurse mollywhopped the dude in a one sided brawl that looked wack, an infinity weilding opponent turned into a anticlimaic 3rd act fight, tho the use of the portals to move the battle was dope, ultron manhandled dude). thor 3 looks to have changed that so i waiting for that and the two avengers film.

oh and to the dude talking bout warping the mirror dimesnion required alot of spell/weaving yes i agree but thats not my problem its variety of spells not the usuage (plus that only cld happen with dark dimension power boost and in the mirror dimenion, outside of that the spells were either light constructs, dimension spears, teleporting). master for years but the same 3 moves lol naw
Wasn't Thor intentionally getting beat up to distract Ultron from Vision using his hammer?

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I feel dumb for just realizing this now, but that line from Thanos "One doesn't often think about fun when bring balance to the universe, but this, brings a smile to my face" is a reference to him smiling in the end credits of Avengers.

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Joe Russo Reveals How Much Of Avengers: Infinity War Takes Place On Earth

Marvel Studios is set to unveil an epic like no other when Avengers: Infinity Warpremieres next year. But with the film bringing together many of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's characters, some fans have begun to wonder if the gathering will take place on Earth, or among the stars.

And now, we seem to have gotten an answer, thanks to Infinity War co-director Joe Russo. While speaking to CinemaBlend during last weekend's San Diego Comic-Con, Russo revealed that the film will be fairly split between Earth and the cosmos.

"A good amount [takes place on Earth]." Russo explained. "It's a lot of different narratives driving towards each other. A lot of different characters, so you have to tell a lot of story. And it's a good mix between space and Earth."

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
drax and vision need to cut loose and be done right; vision is getting bodied let him go out in style; drax has beef with thanos and has been underwhelming af combat wise in both guardians film (didn't do shyt it gotg2) and needs to earn some strips (yes thanos will merk him but let him hold his own for a bit or beat some black order members). lol so what is cap gonna do without his sheild....nevermind stark will bring it or sum shyt. maybe odin dies in ragnarok cuz he shld be off his ass and helpin, same with nova prime and the corp (tho they are so fukking fodder). i like the idea of strange using the time stone to go to a "checkpoint" in history with him aging being the cost then dying after giving the past heroes the info and whatnot.....or maybe some other factor comes in play for the 4th film. man please make wonderman come into play soon

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i guess its not really nerfing per say but its the visuals and choreography with thor and how its translated on film. his fight with the frost giants was the only time he felt legit, like compare that part to anything else he's done (opening in AOU :scust: ) and you get what i'm trying to say. yea sure no one really challenges him (alien troops/robots are fodder, loki will always loose and he's not even close to his comic portrayal in terms of skill and magic usuage) but when its foes above the line its usually a meh fight (destroyer armor gotta one-shotted, like really; kurse mollywhopped the dude in a one sided brawl that looked wack, an infinity weilding opponent turned into a anticlimaic 3rd act fight, tho the use of the portals to move the battle was dope, ultron manhandled dude). thor 3 looks to have changed that so i waiting for that and the two avengers film.

oh and to the dude talking bout warping the mirror dimesnion required alot of spell/weaving yes i agree but thats not my problem its variety of spells not the usuage (plus that only cld happen with dark dimension power boost and in the mirror dimenion, outside of that the spells were either light constructs, dimension spears, teleporting). master for years but the same 3 moves lol naw

Again, Thor is usually removed from the fight. Ultron didn't manhandle him, he pretty much grabbed Thor (Who was decimating his armies) from behind and flew him away. His hits weren't even doing much to Thor who got up and was cracking jokes.

Kurse was just strong. The Dark Elves would probably mollywhopp the Avengers and Kurse literally punched Mjoinir away like it's nothing. Kurse would probably one shot the entire Avengers squad as would the Destroyer Armor.

I'm not sure what kind of variety you were expecting. Regular sorcerers don't use huge, reality altering spells in the real world because that shyt is fukking dangerous and taboo. You saw stuff like Astral Projection, channeling physical energies through astral bodies, self-healing (The guy that healed his spine), immortality spells (The ancient one), the ability to see through time (Ancient one talks about it when she's dying), time manipulation, etc.

Even little things like Strange having instantly refilling cups, etc.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Again, Thor is usually removed from the fight. Ultron didn't manhandle him, he pretty much grabbed Thor (Who was decimating his armies) from behind and flew him away. His hits weren't even doing much to Thor who got up and was cracking jokes.

Kurse was just strong. The Dark Elves would probably mollywhopp the Avengers and Kurse literally punched Mjoinir away like it's nothing. Kurse would probably one shot the entire Avengers squad as would the Destroyer Armor.

I'm not sure what kind of variety you were expecting. Regular sorcerers don't use huge, reality altering spells in the real world because that shyt is fukking dangerous and taboo. You saw stuff like Astral Projection, channeling physical energies through astral bodies, self-healing (The guy that healed his spine), immortality spells (The ancient one), the ability to see through time (Ancient one talks about it when she's dying), time manipulation, etc.Even little things like Strange having instantly refilling cups, etc.

1. beating fodder robot ain't impressive
  2. sure it had no affect but to say ultron wasn't in that ass is a lie (i assume thor peeped vision and decided a sneak attack wld be better than breaking the choke hold)
  3. i know about kurse's background but the fight was meh at least let him get a few in before kurse beat him up (supes vs doomsday is a good comparsion, supes got his shyt in even tho doomsday was stronger and more durable and winning majority of the fight). the destoyer is iffy after thor beat it super easy, it was nerfed imo
  4. lol u think the dark elves wld beat the avengers when we've seen them beat armies before? now kurse level dark elves i'll give that plus take out stark hulk n thor and most decent villians cld merk the avengers lol
  5. never said it had to be warping or grand sized spells, most of that is under time magic, forgot bout the self healing dude. ehh maybe its just me guess it didn't feel as magical as i hoped, like harry potter seems like a magical world. but thats usually the thing with the first films limiting things i'm sure in the sequal things will broaden (we also got thor and both avengers movies).

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
  1. beating fodder robot ain't impressive
  2. sure it had no affect but to say ultron wasn't in that ass is a lie (i assume thor peeped vision and decided a sneak attack wld be better than breaking the choke hold)
  3. i know about kurse's background but the fight was meh at least let him get a few in before kurse beat him up (supes vs doomsday is a good comparsion, supes got his shyt in even tho doomsday was stronger and more durable and winning majority of the fight). the destoyer is iffy after thor beat it super easy, it was nerfed imo
  4. lol u think the dark elves wld beat the avengers when we've seen them beat armies before? now kurse level dark elves i'll give that plus take out stark hulk n thor and most decent villians cld merk the avengers lol
  5. never said it had to be warping or grand sized spells, most of that is under time magic, forgot bout the self healing dude. ehh maybe its just me guess it didn't feel as magical as i hoped, like harry potter seems like a magical world. but thats usually the thing with the first films limiting things i'm sure in the sequal things will broaden (we also got thor and both avengers movies).

1. Thor and Hulk were doing the best. They were regularly stomping through everything and helping other Avengers.

2. Ultron is really strong. He was multiple upgrades deep and you even see him manhandle Vision after Vision locks him out. He pretty much cheap-shotted Thor.

3. Kurse, in the comics, tends to physically manhandle Thor in straight combat because his power is to be 3x stronger than Thor. I'd probably say that Kurse probably the single strongest melee fighter in the entire MCU. Just being touched by Kurse is instant death for most.

4. No, the regular Dark Elves and Kurse. Again, Loki is so much stronger than Captain America that he made Cap look like a child. We've seen Cap literally beat Iron Man to a pulp and we see he's skilled enough that he can hang with most of the non-Thor or Hulk class heavyweights but Loki is much stronger. Average Dark Elves were bigger threats to Loki than Captain America plus they had weapons and those black hole grenades are BROKEN. Asgardians are strong.

5. Not all of it. Things like seeing multiple realities, instant teleportation, creating platforms, altering the physical reality, astral projecting, absorbing and channeling energies, mystic shields, creating wormholes, showing people multiple realities, etc.

The world is magical but you gotta remember that Strange is literally a newbie. He's an extremely gifted newbie but he didn't know anything about the other magical domains or what a Sorcecor Supreme does. Not only that but these guys are trained to be more like Warrior Monks and not to use magic haphazardly. They use Wifi and books.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
1. Thor and Hulk were doing the best. They were regularly stomping through everything and helping other Avengers.

2. Ultron is really strong. He was multiple upgrades deep and you even see him manhandle Vision after Vision locks him out. He pretty much cheap-shotted Thor.

3. Kurse, in the comics, tends to physically manhandle Thor in straight combat because his power is to be 3x stronger than Thor. I'd probably say that Kurse probably the single strongest melee fighter in the entire MCU. Just being touched by Kurse is instant death for most.

4. No, the regular Dark Elves and Kurse. Again, Loki is so much stronger than Captain America that he made Cap look like a child. We've seen Cap literally beat Ironman to a pulp and we see he's skilled enough that he can hang with most of the non-Thor or Hulk class heavyweights but Loki is much stronger. Average Dark Elves were bigger threats to Loki than Captain America plus they had weapons and those black hole grenades are BROKEN. Asgardians are strong.

5. Not all of it. Things like seeing multiple realities, instant teleportation, creating platforms, altering the physical reality, astral projecting, absorbing and channeling energies, mystic shields, creating wormholes, showing people multiple realities, etc.

The world is magical but you gotta remember that Strange is literally a newbie. He's an extremely gifted newbie but he didn't know anything about the other magical domains or what a Sorcecor Supreme does. Not only that but these guys are trained to be more like Warrior Monks and not to use magic haphazardly. They use Wifi and books.
Bolded was bullshyt in all seriousness Cap ain't no where near that strong:stopitslime: