The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yes I dont get that either.... nothing about Vision to me every felted nerfed or him being weaker. Same with Thor or anyone else.

Martha

Well, to be fair, Thor is more powerful in the books/toons than what's been showcased in the movies thus far. Granted, in some cases, he got power boosts to get to other world godly levels. But even w/o the buffs, there was a point when Thor literally had like the entirety of New York City thrown on top of him and he basically just shrugged that shyt off.. From what's been shown in the movies thus far, MCU Thor would be deader than a muthafukka if a whole city was thrown on him.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Well, to be fair, Thor is more powerful in the books/toons than what's been showcased in the movies thus far. Granted, in some cases, he got power boosts to get to other world godly levels. But even w/o the buffs, there was a point when Thor literally had like the entirety of New York City thrown on top of him and he basically just shrugged that shyt off.. From what's been shown in the movies thus far, MCU Thor would be deader than a muthafukka if a whole city was thrown on him.

I guess what I'm getting at is.... what has he really faced thus far that he needed to show his true power about?

Also, if at anytime he came off as not strong? Is it fair to look the other direction and maybe see it as his foe is STRONG ala the beast thing he fought in Thor 2 or the giant amour thing in Thor 1 or Hulk?

But going back to what we've seen him really get down with..... fighting Ice Demons, Rock Demons, Aliens in NY, Ultron clones, didnt he pretty much dispatch them easily with no sweat?

Like really, who has he faced that we look at him like "ooooh man, he's nerfed"? Cuz I guess I'm not seeing it.

Just like on the flip side, I'm seeing certain demigod heros beat up a couple of regular humans and cats over gloating him/her like "O-M-Gz, the most powerful HERO EVER!!!!" Really? Off a basic leg sweep?

Just saying

Martha

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess what I'm getting at is.... what has he really faced thus far that he needed to show his true power about?

Also, if at anytime he came off as not strong? Is it fair to look the other direction and maybe see it as his foe is STRONG ala the beast thing he fought in Thor 2 or the giant amour thing in Thor 1 or Hulk?

But going back to what we've seen him really get down with..... fighting Ice Demons, Rock Demons, Aliens in NY, Ultron clones, didnt he pretty much dispatch them easily with no sweat?

Like really, who has he faced that we look at him like "ooooh man, he's nerfed"? Cuz I guess I'm not seeing it.

Just like on the flip side, I'm seeing certain demigod heros beat up a couple of regular humans and cats over gloating him/her like "O-M-Gz, the most powerful HERO EVER!!!!" Really? Off a basic leg sweep?

Just saying

Martha

Agreed. Thor has either been drugged, hurt, or holding his punches a large majority of the time. We've seen him cut loose a couple of times and that's when he mollywhopped the Destroyer Armor or one shot giant ice beasts.

The dudes Thor fight in his own movies are pretty damn dangerous. We see Loki shrug off guys like Cap with absolute ease and Cap is strong enough to dent Iron Man's armor but Thor manhandles Loki in straight combat despite admitting he's holding back because he's his brother.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Didn't Thor fight Hulk to more or less a stand still when they fought briefly in Avengers 1?

Yep..... fought Hulk to a stand still.

But in a war where his side was pretty much losing. Stepped on the battlefield and challenged the enemies strongest soldier and effectively ended the war by killing the soldier with one strike..... barely even trying.

Everyone surrendered after that......... but he's nerfed?:heh:

Martha

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
They aint gon show thors true power til hes on his last leg prayjng to odin to land an incredible blow with the hammer to end one of his movies.

Which is really the end of ultron. Dude cravking chunks of earth with a hammer strike.. not hulk, thor. Hes not gon be regularly knocking out gods but hes shown incredible feats thus far and i feel well see much more (hopefully).

Idk i dont see thor as weak at all in the movies.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Vision is pretty much a given since he has the Mind Gem.

The most common theory is Ironman and/or Cap.

I seriously doubt anyone will stay dead forever....but they'll probably be dead for the foreseeable future. If, let's say Ironman died, I doubt they'd bring him back until the next Avengers movie. Which would be a good 3-4 years.

Fred.

Rather they kill off the super humans / mutants than say a regular dude with a suit like iron man.

Kill thor or hulk.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Rather they kill off the super humans / mutants than say a regular dude with a suit like iron man.

Kill thor or hulk.

I don't necessarily disagree because both are stronger than Cap and Ironman....so it makes Thanos seem even more dangerous....but story-wise Ironman and Cap are the Jordan and Pippen of the MCU. Their deaths would hold more dramatic weight.

Fred.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
XfpJh4pCM_Zeg-RKrHQE_wN-BPGnewZ3P9krTT8iiUs.jpg

soon
-martha

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
i guess its not really nerfing per say but its the visuals and choreography with thor and how its translated on film. his fight with the frost giants was the only time he felt legit, like compare that part to anything else he's done (opening in AOU :scust: ) and you get what i'm trying to say. yea sure no one really challenges him (alien troops/robots are fodder, loki will always loose and he's not even close to his comic portrayal in terms of skill and magic usuage) but when its foes above the line its usually a meh fight (destroyer armor gotta one-shotted, like really; kurse mollywhopped the dude in a one sided brawl that looked wack, an infinity weilding opponent turned into a anticlimaic 3rd act fight, tho the use of the portals to move the battle was dope, ultron manhandled dude). thor 3 looks to have changed that so i waiting for that and the two avengers film.

oh and to the dude talking bout warping the mirror dimesnion required alot of spell/weaving yes i agree but thats not my problem its variety of spells not the usuage (plus that only cld happen with dark dimension power boost and in the mirror dimenion, outside of that the spells were either light constructs, dimension spears, teleporting). master for years but the same 3 moves lol naw