The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Just caught this, somehow managed to avoid big spoilers. I liked it a lot cause all the time my main criticism of Marvel movies was that they didn't have the balls to kill important characters from the good side what we all knew before the movies and this made the stakes low, there was a lack of tension and the movies weighed less overall. I can't get really excited in a movies where I know that only one side can die and not the other. And that villains (with some exceptions among them) lacked depth and perspective.

This was different in both of these and that's why I liked it much.
I guess many wrote it down already but I liked how they gave perspective and a real motivation to Thanos and how he wasn't just a run off the mill bad guy but really viewed himself as a saviour. I the last scene they could put a real zen-smile on that CGI face, it wasn't the usual evil smile/laugh, it seemed like he found his peace.

I felt sorry for the deaths of some characters (Black Panther, Spider-Man, Vision) but I was glad that they pulled it, MCU needed this already. I liked how there was no music or anything when everybody just went to ashes.

Now I know that they gonna dance back from here and there is no way they don't bring these characters back but I try to rate this as an individual movie right now with ignoring the possibly incoming fukk up. I think Loki, Heimdal, Gomora and Vision might be perma death but we gonna see.
They shouldn't bring Dr. Strange and Starlord back though, those two are also responsible for what happened to them... If Dr. Strange isn't fukking around at the beginning with refusing to destroy his stone then there is no going back in time for Thanos and Vision's stone could be destroyed too so he would only have 4 stones out of 6. and Starlord couldn't handle himself when they almost got the gauntlet.
If I was whoever gonna bring them dead characters back I would be "fukk these 2, you stay there" :manny:
Vision and Scarlet Witch and all of them dudes who encouraged them to not destroy the stone are responsible too for what happened to them but they at least acted at the end of the day.

There were some inconsistencies in power levels though... like even up until this movie it was hard for me to buy that Black Widow can hang with all the super villains and aliens by simply being a skilled assassin but here it really stepped on a new level when she wasn't cut to pieces by these OP generals of Thanos. Like, c'mon already...

I also rolled my eyes a little that they "accidentally" let all the Avengers starting pack (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow) alive but overall these still doN't change that I liked the movie and finally I felt real weight and high stakes in an MCU movie, (looking at it as an individual movie) which was much needed already.

oh and Hulk really got a boxing lesson :mjlol: It was enough for him to be big and strong against pretty much everyone so he didn't spend time with developing those skills :troll:

I understand your preference for the stakes to be harsh, but you seriously think not leaving Black Panther, Spider Man and the Guardians permanently dead is a "fukk up"? Lol

The first two only have one movie to their name and the Guardians open up a whole new aspect of the MCU. It wouldn't be smart. It'd just be death for the sake of shock value.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I understand your preference for the stakes to be harsh, but you seriously think not leaving Black Panther, Spider Man and the Guardians permanently dead is a "fukk up"? Lol

The first two only have one movie to their name and the Guardians open up a whole new aspect of the MCU. It wouldn't be smart. It'd just be death for the sake of shock value.
You are right from a commercial, “big money” viewpoint but I wasn’t thinking about it from that angle but from a story, drama angle. I simply think that Marvel finally deciding on killing important characters and then backtrack from it asap would be lame even if I liked some of the characters who died. I always thought that move is kinda lame whatever where it happens except if they really find out a good reason why a character is coming back and you can’t sense it from miles that they just found out some forced explanation in order to bring back the popular heroes or sometimes villains. That’s like doing something but not really doing it just pretending... if anything, that would make the deaths at the end of the first one looking like they happened for the sake of shock value since they don’t want to go through with it. I also don’t think that from a story standpoint this would have been illogical. They met with a villain who is out of their league (except maybe Thor) simple as that... :yeshrug:
So I understand what you saying but from a different angle.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
You are right from a commercial, “big money” viewpoint but I wasn’t thinking about it from that angle but from a story, drama angle. I simply think that Marvel finally deciding on killing important characters and then backtrack from it asap would be lame even if I liked some of the characters who died. I always thought that move is kinda lame whatever where it happens except if they really find out a good reason why a character is coming back and you can’t sense it from miles that they just found out some forced explanation in order to bring back the popular heroes or sometimes villains. That’s like doing something but not really doing it just pretending... if anything, that would make the deaths at the end of the first one looking like they happened for the sake of shock value since they don’t want to go through with it. I also don’t think that from a story standpoint this would have been illogical. They met with a villain who is out of their league (except maybe Thor) simple as that... :yeshrug:
So I understand what you saying but from a different angle.

I understand where you're coming from too.

It's just BP literally just became king and that world has so much more to offer. Spider Man is in the early part of his career. I'd feel cheesed personally.

They can go ahead and leave Winter Soldier, Loki and Gamora dead tho lol.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

Yo this kids face in the car during the ride home tho....:mjlol:

Dead ass serious...:laff::laff::laff:

:russ:

Kid looking out of the window like :merchant:with that Vietnam vet thousand yard stare.

That shyt is gonna shape his whole life. Watch. :mjlol:

One day he'll tell his grandchildren about how he saw the greatest heroes of his generation killed in front of him when he was just a boy. :to:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Brehs....I just finished watching this movie finally...the credits are still rolling......:dwillhuh:brehs.....I feel like my whole day just got ruined....I knew someone was gonna die...but really?.....y’all really gonna hit me in the soul like that Marvel?