The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard they're doing a gang of reshoots to add a bunch of stuff. So I'm sure there will be characters in it we won't know about until closer to the release date.

Nick Fury ain't really needed in it though. They already got enough "ground troops" like Black Widow, The Winter Soldier and Hawkeye, and Black Panther has a whole army. I assume they'll all be fighting The Black Order while everyone else is fighting Thanos. If Black Widow pulls out a .22 on Thanos I'm gonna do this in the theater:

Fred.

I think Fury is needed. If these films are gonna be the culmination of the past 10 years he's definitely needed. He's the 1 that brought them together in the 1st place

Personally I think Fury is either a Skrull or a undercover Kree. :manny:

That's a good theory

After they're introduced someone has to be a Skrull undercover this whole time

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Just seen an interview with the Russos, they said the trailer hasn't been released yet because the D23/Comic-Con trailer wasn't really a trailer, it was more some shyt they threw together for those events. They said the they're editing together something new and that trailer will be out "very soon".

Fred.
trust me the trailer they showed at the conference today was :wow:

they still have some edits to make but the whole board room was going CRAZY

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Fury is needed. If these films are gonna be the culmination of the past 10 years he's definitely needed. He's the 1 that brought them together in the 1st place

it's a nice nod. and i would be shocked if he doesnt show up at some point with a clever save. but i dont think fury is "needed" at this point. you can tie him into the end and it serves the purpose you mentioned. but needed? SHIELD was basically removed from the board years ago.

and realistically, wtf would fury & SHIELD do if they were still at 100%??

they could barely handle chitauri. :russ:

they were basically EMT workers against ultron. :mjcry:

when thanos is throwing planets at these dudes, snatching infinity gems, and the black order is beating the shyt out of your favorite superheroes, i dont imagine many people are gonna be saying "WE NEED NICK FURY! :damn:"

it's the same reason nick fury as a standalone character in the comics doesnt work. who gives a fukk about the human super spy when gods are battling planet-conquering titans? :manny:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's a nice nod. and i would be shocked if he doesnt show up at some point with a clever save. but i dont think fury is "needed" at this point. you can tie him into the end and it serves the purpose you mentioned. but needed? SHIELD was basically removed from the board years ago.

when thanos is throwing planets at these dudes, snatching infinity gems, and the black order is beating the shyt out of your favorite superheroes, i dont imagine many people are gonna be saying "WE NEED NICK FURY! :damn:"

it's the same reason nick fury as a standalone character in the comics doesnt work. who gives a fukk about the human super spy when gods are battling planet-conquering titans? :manny:
I get what you sayin... I ain't mean he was needed for the actual battle but I meant I think he's needed to appear in at least 1 of these films

Fury also bridges the gap between who we've seen thus far plus the eventual arrival of Captain Marvel that's why I think they're saving him for the next 1

They keep reiterating this whole culmination of all the movies thing so that leaves me to believe these are supposed to be answered in the next 2 films like... all that's left to really explain is where is Fury? Where is the last stone (I assume Wakanda)... what happened to Red Skull? And the relationship of the current Avengers and if Cap, etc will remain "outlaws".... also 3 of the Guardians already have a personal vendetta with Thanos

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's a good theory

After they're introduced someone has to be a Skrull undercover this whole time

I thought the skrulls belonged to fox. When did they hint that they might be back?

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Found this on a forum posted about 4 months ago...

Posted by bobandjim1260
The original plan was for The Avengers: Infinity War to be divided into two parts, but Joe and Anthony Russo preferred a standalone movie.

****this was more or less already confirmed at the beginning of production*****

The Avengers: Infinity War centers on the Avengers trying to prevent Thanos from assembling the Infinity Gauntlet.

*****this is fairly obvious. First part will be getting the Gauntlet, second part will be Thanos with the Gauntlet*****

Thanos arrives on Earth to reclaim the Mind Stone from Vision and the Time Stone from Doctor Strange leading to a “vicious battle.”

*****there is already leaked footage online of a fight scene with Vision alongside Scarlet Witch******

Black Panther directly leads into The Avengers: Infinity War.

****alread confirmed****

The Avengers will still be split at the start of Avengers: Infinity War and will have to learn to work together to stop Thanos.

*****already confirmed*****

Heroes expected include: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Winter Soldier, Black Panther and Doctor Strange.

****there are more but this is already confirmed*****

Guardians of the Galaxy arrive to help the Avengers in the third act of Avengers: Infinity War.

******James Gunn recently came out saying that The Guardians of the Galaxy have a rather small role in the film. As this is an Avengers Film. This rumor should be true*****

While the rumors don’t specifically mention Spider-Man, it’s speculated Spider-Man will be featured in some sort of New York battle.

******already confirmed that Spider Man is in the movie*****

Vision will die early in Avengers: Infinity War and the Mind Stone will be taken.

******Hinted at by the leaked footage that recently came out for Vision*****

Carol Danvers gets introduced as a soldier helping the Avengers fending off an attack from Thanos.

******Already confirmed*****

The movie ends with Thanos appearing to look defeated, but returns with a fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 4.

******not confirmed but would make sense to end it this way. This is kind of how Thanos: Rebirth happened. Thanos fakes his death/defeat to draw off all suspicion******

Tom Hiddleston’s Loki will appear in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4 as Thanos’ adviser (my note: Maybe taking the role of Mephisto from the comics?) while secretly conspiring against Thanos.

****while Loki hasn't been cast yet, I could see this happening. Although not entirely sure*****

Thanos will have a large army, the Deviants, to battle Earth and the Avengers.

****There have been a lot of casting calls that require makeup, but this is unknown at this point*****

Scarlet Witch will be pivotal in defeating Thanos.

*****this was stated by the Directors themselves*****

Rumored titles for Avengers 4: Thanos Imperative, Thanos War, Infinity Crusade.

****unknown*****

The Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4 conclude the stories from the previous phases of the MCU all the way back to Iron Man while planting the seeds for the next Marvel movies.

******confirmed******

Eva Green will play Mistress Death.

*****This is a rumor that has been going around for some time. Hela may take Death's spot however it is unknown as neither has been cast yet. Neither may appear at all until Avengers 4. Death is an actual entity in the MCU alongside Eternity, Infinity and Entropy as confirmed by Guardians of the Galaxy.******

Peter Dinklage will play either Pip the Troll or Eitri, the King of the Dwarves and creator of the Infinity Gauntlet.

******unknown as to who he will play. But there was a leaked picture showing him with red hair. Very similar to Pip the Troll. It could go either way though*****

The Black Order will appear as Thanos's personal strike force.

******it was stated that there is motion capture going on for some of Thanos's servant's. Heavily implied to be some rendition of the MCU's Black Order. The Other may have been a member of this elite group.********

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Avengers 3 Director Says Captain Marvel is Not in Infinity War

While she was never officially confirmed to be a part of the film’s ensemble, Carol Danvers has been closely associated with the Infinity War film, since she was often rumored to be making her first appearance in the 2018 film. Now, it looks as though fans may actually have to wait until the 2019 solo outing before they finally get to see Larson’s Captain Marvel make her long-awaited debut on the big screen.

Infinity War co-director Joe Russo confirmed that Larson will not be in the third Avengers film while speaking with Comicbook.com this past weekend, saying “She’s not in Avengers 3.” The director, however, did not further elaborate on Marvel’s big screen plans for the character, or what her involvement may be in the currently untitled Avengers 4, which the Russos are also directing, and will be hitting theaters in 2019, just one year after Infinity War does.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

You forget that Fury is the man on the wall?