The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Now that yall mentioned him, the exclusion of Hawkeye was one of the best things about this movie :blessed:

Hes been seen on set of avengers 4 as Ronin

c95cd6da61327a392570bddb3cf71e37.png

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
@hex @Ironman

Can one of you brehs give me a breakdown and what Terrance Howard's role/character was in the Iron Man films and why his dumb ass decided to not stick around for the gravy train?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
@hex @Ironman

Can one of you brehs give me a breakdown and what Terrance Howard's role/character was in the Iron Man films and why his dumb ass decided to not stick around for the gravy train?
He was Rhodey/War Machine.
He signed on to the original Ironman as the highest paid. They asked him to take a pay cut for IM2 and he was like nah so they replaced him. The head of Marvel at the time Ike Perlmutter even went the racist route and said after the fact no one will care or tell the difference between two different Black actors.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
He was Rhodey/War Machine.
He signed on to the original Ironman as the highest paid. They asked him to take a pay cut for IM2 and he was like nah so they replaced him. The head of Marvel at the time Ike Perlmutter even went the racist route and said after the fact no one will care or tell the difference between two different Black actors.
Oh Damn :huhldup:

Guess he wasn't wrong though :mjpls:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
@hex @Ironman

Howard got paid the most, even more than RDJ, for Iron Man 1 but tried to re-up for the most money in the sequels saying some advice about "standing up for your worth" that he got from Will Smith, then Marvel just replaced him. He gambled and lost.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hex @Ironman

What they said.

Also if I remember correctly Marvel contacted Terrence Howard's agent and said he'd have to take a pay cut in "Ironman 2". His agent was basically like "fukk that" without consulting him, which got him replaced.

By the time he found out Marvel had already hit him with the :camby:

He was the highest paid actor in the first Ironman movie because when it came out Robert Downey Jr. was washed. By the time the sequel rolled around RDJ had significant leverage because the first movie was a hit.

Where things get fuzzy is Terrence Howard claims he's the reason RDJ got the job in the first place and he blames RDJ for not standing up to Marvel when they replaced him. But I dunno....that sounds like bullshyt for a couple reasons....Jon Farveau is the main reason RDJ got the job, he said he wouldn't do the movie without him....and RDJ got everyone raises and threatened to bounce if Marvel tried to fight it.

Robert Downey Jr fighting for better pay for Avengers cast | Metro News

I think Marvel did Terrence Howard dirty but he's exaggerating for sympathy.

Fred.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
What they said.

Also if I remember correctly Marvel contacted Terrence Howard's agent and said he'd have to take a pay cut in "Ironman 2". His agent was basically like "fukk that" without consulting him, which got him replaced.

By the time he found out Marvel had already hit him with the :camby:

He was the highest paid actor in the first Ironman movie because when it came out Robert Downey Jr. was washed. By the time the sequel rolled around RDJ had significant leverage because the first movie was a hit.

Where things get fuzzy is Terrence Howard claims he's the reason RDJ got the job in the first place and he blames RDJ for not standing up to Marvel when they replaced him. But I dunno....that sounds like bullshyt for a couple reasons....Jon Farveau is the main reason RDJ got the job, he said he wouldn't do the movie without him....and RDJ got everyone raises and threatened to bounce if Marvel tried to fight it.

Robert Downey Jr fighting for better pay for Avengers cast | Metro News

I think Marvel did Terrence Howard dirty but he's exaggerating for sympathy.

Fred.

Them asking Howard to take a "pay cut" isn't very accurate. Basically anytime you do a sequel of a hit movie, the stars get a significant pay bump that carries over and Howard basically wanted a bump of the same percentage as RDJ, which wasn't gonna happen. He would have stood to make more in the sequel than he did in the first BUT just not as much of a bump up as RDJ so hence a "pay cut".

Problem is Marvel had franchises in mind from day one with growing salaries each time so EVERYONE got low balled in their first movies. Even Chadwick only got 6 figures for Black Panther. Marvel basically ups the pay incrementally as the movies go on, they had a reputation of being "cheap" early on that has hence went away because they are in the latter half of most franchises now. Howard would have made a ton had he just played it cool, but like I said... he gambled and lost.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Them asking Howard to take a "pay cut" isn't very accurate. Basically anytime you do a sequel of a hit movie, the stars get a significant pay bump that carries over and Howard basically wanted a bump of the same percentage as RDJ, which wasn't gonna happen. He would have stood to make more in the sequel than he did in the first BUT just not as much of a bump up as RDJ so hence a "pay cut".

Problem is Marvel had franchises in mind from day one with growing salaries each time so EVERYONE got low balled in their first movies. Even Chadwick only got 6 figures for Black Panther. Marvel basically ups the pay incrementally as the movies go on, they had a reputation of being "cheap" early on that has hence went away because they are in the latter half of most franchises now. Howard would have made a ton had he just played it cool, but like I said... he gambled and lost.

He said they asked him to take a pay cut.

Terrence Howard: Losing Marvel job "a $100 million loss"

Iron Man was released, became a big hit, and Marvel opted to move ahead with Iron Man 2. But the producers reportedly went to Howard's agent, informing him that the role was being cut down, and that his salary would need to be reduced too.

Now, the pay cut would've been more than what he got paid in the first place, but significantly less than what he was originally quoted if the sequel was greenlit.

Fred.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Iron Man was released, became a big hit, and Marvel opted to move ahead with Iron Man 2. But the producers reportedly went to Howard's agent, informing him that the role was being cut down, and that his salary would need to be reduced too.

That was an outright lie:dead:

Rhodey's role increased to the point that he as War Machine was a big selling point for Iron Man 2.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps