The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Best MCU villain man. Killmonger and Loki are classic villains, but they failed. Thanos won and smiled as the sun rose on his victory.

Killmonger is the second best villian in the MCU. I still almost want to put him at #1 because Black Panther connected with me more but, I understand why Thanos should be first. He was a G with it. Completely overpowered everyone. Accomplished everything he said he would. And bounced on them like :mjlol: Josh Brolin also did a good job at humanizing the character. As much as you could anyway. In the other movies he just came off like a big bad but, they fleshed him out pretty good. Loki was more of a nuisance imo. Not worth comparing to the other two.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're just being sensitive. they're just reporting facts.

they liked it per the exit survey and actually saying they loved it on their premiere pop culture podcast

Nah, they were popping shyt in the exit survey too.

My point is it's petty that we're to the point where pointing out that Marvel is shytty because they decided to stop giving away the movie in their trailers, and decided to use them as what they're supposed to be: promotional tools.

If anything, media outlets have done this to themselves with their obsessive coverage of trailers. There are really 10 minute slow mo breakdowns and multiple thousand word articles over 90 second trailers. shyt is ridiculous.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
eh, seems like double dipping is a thing at this point. How tf is brolin in Deadpool lol

Well they haven't intergrated fox into the mcu yet..whereas alpha flight they could throw in right away cause they haven't used the property yet.

Also I was just joking. Don't think they have plans for Alpha Flight.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Loki death was underwhelming to me. I like the decision for Marvel to have Thanos body a beloved character. But idk, I felt Loki should have had a more powerful, emotional death. He just died, Thor cried a bit, then it was on to next scene. I know in a two and a half hour movie you gotta keep the pace up and there's only so much time for everything. I just think the Loki death after all that he's meant to the Marvel universe could have been more impactful.

This just me nitpicking btw. I loved the movie. I'm a very casual superhero movie fan. Only superhero movie I ever truly walked out of saying "That movie sucked" was the 3rd Toby spiderman.

Nah, I think Loki's death scene was pretty powerful enough for a couple of reasons. 1. It's witnessed by Thor, silenced and totally powerless to even attempt to stop it. And then, a lil while later, it's even showcased by Thor stating as such when talking to Rocket about his losses. I think that scene was actually very well done. It was subtle, yet powerful, as you see that Rocket is contemplating on just what they're up against before consulting with Thor and when Thor tells him about losing pretty much everything, very recently and Loki at that, what he's saying and yet emoting, the struggle of keeping his shyt together and using it to motivate him. He let a tear drop, whilst simultaneously very slightly smiles, trying to not only convince Rocket, but also himself. It's actually one of Hemsworth's best acting moments throughout his role with the character tbh. I mean that in a positive sense. No sarcasm.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Nah, I think Loki's death scene was pretty powerful enough for a couple of reasons. 1. It's witnessed by Thor, silenced and totally powerless to even attempt to stop it. And then, a lil while later, it's even showcased by Thor stating as such when talking to Rocket about his losses. I think that scene was actually very well done. It was subtle, yet powerful, as you see that Rocket is contemplating on just what they're up against before consulting with Thor and when Thor tells him about losing pretty much everything, very recently and Loki at that, what he's saying and yet emoting, the struggle of keeping his shyt together and using it to motivate him. He let a tear drop, whilst simultaneously very slightly smiles, trying to not only convince Rocket, but also himself. It's actually one of Hemsworth's best acting moments throughout his role with the character tbh. I mean that in a positive sense. No sarcasm.
Though I disagree with you on the Loki death scene (heck, I think their mom had a more emotional death scene than Loki), I do agree the Rocket/Thor scene was great.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Nah, they were popping shyt in the exit survey too.

My point is it's petty that we're to the point where pointing out that Marvel is shytty because they decided to stop giving away the movie in their trailers, and decided to use them as what they're supposed to be: promotional tools.

If anything, media outlets have done this to themselves with their obsessive coverage of trailers. There are really 10 minute slow mo breakdowns and multiple thousand word articles over 90 second trailers. shyt is ridiculous.
It's really no different than all the media sites pointing out how much different Rogue one was from the trailers. But this is much less of an overhaul.

Theyre snarky in every exit survey. The general consensus is that they liked it

Last edited:

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Thanos :wow:

Ma3oCMu.gif

UZfRFEd.gif

SlNcIOZ.gif

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wondered about that statement too? What did he mean?
I think he meant letting gamora try and get he stones and how he had to go and get them himself

Or maybe we get more backstory of him tying to destroy planets one by one and how killing people he way he did wasn’t the mercy he wanted for the universe

Apex

Banned
Daps
Saw it today. What a movie.

I'm really curious to see where they go from here.

Definitely was hoping for Ant-Man. I guess we'll see him next year.

Defenders cameo is probably never going to happen. Sucks.