The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Just read the biggest plot hole in the movie :mjlol:

"Why didn't Thanos simply make it so there was more food and resources instead of murdering a bunch of people? He can literally shape reality at will. Why not make it so there's always a corresponding amount of food and resources for the population of every planet?"

:ohhh:
Because he's obsessed with the concept of balance.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
It's idiot plot. They wrote an antagonist so powerful that the only way to deal with him was to make him so stupid he undoes himself by doing careless stuff that leaves him open. At the end of the movie there is no conceivable way any Avenger can stop Thanos.

The best shot they had was when they had him pinned down. Why didn't Spiderman and Ironman cut off Thanos arm with the gauntlet? Was Thanos unable to be cut? They're trying to pull the damn glove off I would have took his whole arm off in one lob. Problem solved. Better yet just kill dude when you pinned him down. Problem solved again.
Hitting him snapped him out of Mantis mind thing. You think trying to cut off his arm would go over well :skip:
You're kinda being nit picky now

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
If he could shape reality at will why was he physically fighting people anyway? Why didn't he just reshape reality and put them all in inescapable boxes they couldn't move in since he's so afraid to kill people?

That's the problem with having a villain this powerful. Somebody sitting around for a few seconds can come up with better solutions than the villain can because if the villain uses the power they have nobody can win against them. Maybe tone the power down a few levels.

Dude, how about you just suspend belief, like most of the movie going audience. You're right. He could have just turned all the Avengers into cat shyt. Would that have made the film more enjoyable? I mean technically he could do it because he's that powerful? Like I said earlier, the film that you want exist here.
61qmnnRvXML._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

shyt you can even purchase in on kindle for $3.99

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
So what i meant earlier about a rush job with the black order is that in the books each of them has a unique "niche" that individualizes them.

Ebony Maw is telekinesis/telepathy, Cull is basically a "Hulk", but Corvus Glaive's ability [apart from super soldier physical attributes] was immortality. As long as his scythe thing wasn't destroyed, he survives/regenerates from any injury and even obliteration.

More so than that, Corvus is actually the GOAT of the group [Thanos favorite one] and is every bit as charismatic as Ebony Maw. He invades planets with those creatures we saw in Wakanda, and after he kills all of a planet's greatest warriors, he goes to their leaders and says Thanos will accept your surrender if you give a "tribute". A 'tribute' being the decapitated heads of the oldest child in every home. And of course he's smug about everything.

Proxima Midnight is Corvus Glaive's wife, and is "Wonder Woman" [or perhaps "Valkryie"] physically, with a cosmic lance comparable in power to Thor's hammer. Disperses energy and can basically become a "light saber" lance when thrown.

Basically these 4 together are Avenger's level villains on their own. But obviously Corvus and Proxima had to get dialed back a bit bc not enough time for the personalities, and bc Cap/Widow/Falcon had to have someone to fight.

yeah my BIGGEST complaint was the Black Order, them nikkas got pussied out like a bunch of hoes from K-Mart smh

Ebony was the standout but his death was hella cheap. the most painful one was Proxima & Glaive, them 2 got the worst end of the hoe stick smh.. black widow of all the hoes bytched them.. fuccin feminsit hoe

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
On some real nerd shyt. I know this isn’t going to happen but I would love for not even captain marvel to beat thanos as he gets a better grip on how to use the stones. He just ends up fukking up time and reality so badly galactcus shows up to end him, just show the threat level thats out there .

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude, how about you just suspend belief, like most of the movie going audience. You're right. He could have just turned all the Avengers into cat shyt. Would that have made the film more enjoyable? I mean technically he could do it because he's that powerful? Like I said earlier, the film that you want exist here.
61qmnnRvXML._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

shyt you can even purchase in on kindle for $3.99
In that thanos had all the gems. This movie he was collecting them and at his weakest.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
So this is the part of the thread where muthafukkas thinking too hard about this shyt huh??
:marvelbill:
you have dudes really wondering why strange gave up the stone even though he just said there was only one time they win, like you nikkas man lol. and just because you know a plan dosen't mean it wont be hard, you tell me that my worse fear of seeing my teamates has to play out (tony) imma be emotional, or that i need to die for us to win (spidey) imma still be scared who wants to die and as a emotional teenager :dead: . A4 will reveal this fully yall gotta chill, B.A.R.F. will be used to access the right future strange saw as he most likely did a spell for tony to remember it or some shyt idk

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On some real nerd shyt. I know this isn’t going to happen but I would love for not even captain marvel to beat thanos as he gets a better grip on how to use the stones. He just ends up fukking up time and reality so badly galactcus shows up to end him, just show the threat level thats out there .
I think they are going to trick him to take off the glove.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Just read the biggest plot hole in the movie :mjlol:

"Why didn't Thanos simply make it so there was more food and resources instead of murdering a bunch of people? He can literally shape reality at will. Why not make it so there's always a corresponding amount of food and resources for the population of every planet?"

:ohhh:

That's not a plot hole. You'd have to ignore his backstory to consider it one. He was branded as a mad man and exiled by his people because he proposed dispassionately killing half of their population, taking out the rich and the poor along the way, indiscriminate and random. He wants THAT specific solution to the problem of resources management and balance to be the one that solves all. Not creating more resources, which his people probably advocated, but the proposal that got him branded a mad titan in the first place. It’s a very specific obsession tied to being rejected by his species.

The bring balance, half the population thing has become a philosophy that he built a cult around and indoctrinated his children to believe was mercy and true sacrifice. And he gets to prove to everyone and himself that he was right all along. The fact that he tried his solution on various planets and saw those planets improve the quality of life has only emboldened him to try it on a cosmic scale.

His backstory informs his character journey.

Last edited:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Saw it last night. Definitely my favorite Marvel movie. My takeaways:

1 - I'm glad Stringer took that L. That was for Wallace :to:
2 - Thanos wasn't no sucka, but the Black Order was soft.
3 - Thor not fukkin around. Haha he was talking to rocket crying like how Mitch was talking to Ace
4 - Folks had the :mjcry: :damn:face when BP, Groot and Spiderman got dusted.

5 - None of the original Avengers got dusted. All them nikkas looked distraught, especially Tony Stark.

Them deaths were fitting....shyt was similar to how it went down in the comic. I don't think folks have to see the Captain Marvel movie - that movie is gonna be her origin story. I'mma check it out tho, and prolly watch Infinity War at least one more time.