The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why is that dumb? This thanos is not in love with death. He just wants to bring balance. He only kills to bring balance. If he does not have to kill you he does not have to. And he did try to kill Thor. And why would he go after he guardian's they were not even on his rader?
When you're trying to accomplish something like he is and people get in your way you address that and deal with threats or potential threats. Threats get eliminated.

This is just you defending questionable writing. These characters plot shields basically kicked in and protected them but really if you aren't going to kill a character don't put them in a situation where they would sensibly die then not kill them.

Thanos killed Loki for trying to attack him but lets Tony Stark live yet he only kills for balance. Loki wasn't a threat. He couldn't hurt Thanos at that point.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But I thought they had a perfect moment for Tony to die and they ruined it. I get it. It wouldn't happen in Part 1 but I'd rather they not even tease that there.
A deathly silence fell on the crowd I was watching it with, I think, because it seemed to be the most legitimate death for them to actually commit to. Think about it. This movie came out ten years to the month after the 1st iron man movie that established this whole tent pole franchise. RDJ has been doing it longer than any of the other actors.

It would have been entirely plausible for them to use this movie after having had 3 Iron Man films to send him off into the sunset (and/or have him come back years later in some form like they did with Tony's AI recently in the comics).

Instead, they turned around right after he gets stabbed to near death only to have him patch his own gaping wound back up. It really cheapened it.

At the end of the day though, its the Infinity Gauntlet and anyone that's read it knows how they approach the deaths of the superheroes along the way by the end. Which is why the critics panning the ending of the movie and chalking it up to be a hollywood cash grab moment is funny to me.

momma

All Star
Daps
I mean the scene where Cap and the gang saved vision was dope...

But iron man/spiderman/strange had just had a full on battle with 2 of the order and they come in and give em the beats that fast :stopitslime:

DBZ super power scaling in this movie

But Iron Man & Strange pretty much made quick work of Cull same way Cap & co did Midnight & Glaive (which was a 5 on 2 battle mind you). Also Maw don't really fight, and even when he did he got killed pretty easily on the Q-ship

momma

All Star
Daps
But I thought they had a perfect moment for Tony to die and they ruined it. I get it. It wouldn't happen in Part 1 but I'd rather they not even tease that there.

Even though it was a great sequence, I don't think it was a great moment for him to die. He wasn't really the driving force of the movie + still had a bunch of loose ends to tie up. If you want the maximum impact of a death like that, there needs to be more finality to the character's arc, and with a character as important as Iron Man he shouldn't go out in a movie where he's not the most or second most important character

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I'm interested to see if they will keep making Avengers films after 4. That's what has me hype and worried. Marvel could easily pull the plug on the franchise and make bank just off stand alone films of the resurrected characters. The risk of fans bytching and moaning on some #NOTMYAVENGERS is very real. That being said I would LOVE for another team to take over the mantle of The Avengers, that gives me goosebumps. Do yall think Marvel would continue the series with say a roster of Cap Marvel, Black Panther, Spider-Man, The Wasp, Winter Soldier, Scarlet Witch etc...

I'm def down to see what stories could be told with this lineup.

But what stories are their to tell no way in hell are we getting House Of M, without the X-Men getting at least a few films under the Marvel universe. Same thing for Avengers Vs X-Men which fukk that comic btw...

So in the immediate future 2020-2023 What stories could they pull from?

The Beyonder :shaq:

shagnificent belafonte

I am he who lurks...
Daps
Reppin
Awesomeness
Got damn it. Now that you said it :francis:

Bruh...im not hating...im just saying...this nikka threw a moon and NOBODY got hit?! Thats a fukkin finishin move, bruh....imagine if he ENDED the fight with that shyt...it woulda held more weight...in the leaked trailer shyt looked epic...in the actual film its an attack that failed....

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you're trying to accomplish something like he is and people get in your way you address that and deal with threats or potential threats. Threats get eliminated.

This is just you defending questionable writing. These characters plot shields basically kicked in and protected them but really if you aren't going to kill a character don't put them in a situation where they would sensibly die then not kill them.

Thanos killed Loki for trying to attack him but lets Tony Stark live yet he only kills for balance. Loki wasn't a threat. He couldn't hurt Thanos at that point.
He let stark live because he promised strange. He kept his word.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Ant Man is before infinity war... They already said it.. Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s which makes that before infinity war too.
Yeah I know. I’m probably should have made it more clear. Ant-Man starts out before Infinity War and could possibly end with them witnessing the consequences of Infinity War.

CM takes place in the 90’s but space and time travel shyt play into the post credit scene for that as well.