The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agree with most of y’all that the casuals and the people expecting a Black Panther sequel are probably gonna hate this. My girl was like “:dwillhuh: that’s it?!” And yeah no one clapped at the end, theater was in stunned silence.

But yeah, overall I thought it was dope. Weakest parts to me were the early scenes with Strange, Tony and Bruce in NYC. The pacing just seemed kind of off and the story incredibly rushed. And then Bruce just suddenly became this exposition machine and a Thanos expert lol. I get that they had to cram a lot of story in there and had to find a way for audiences to understand what was going on but they could’ve found a better way to do it imo

Once Strange, Tony and Spider-Man are in space that’s when the movie took off for me and I really enjoyed it

I loved how in a way this movie made Thanos the hero. The structure seemed to be the hero’s journey but it was Thanos who was going on that journey while the Avengers were his obstacle. The part that really emphasized this for me was him meeting the Red Skull and having to sacrifice Gamorrah. It reminded me of an old school fantasy film except it was the villain who was going on an epic quest. I’m back and forth between Killmonger and Thanos being the goat MCU villain but I might have to give the slight edge to Thanos due to Brolin being a better actor

The fact that they were able to make this story coherent and give everyone a chance to shine with this many characters is pretty incredible

Some of the humor was off as others have said. I don’t think that’s the Russo’s strength so it was kind of jarring compared to the Guardians films and Thor Ragnarok where it was more consistent with the tone of the film

This is my favorite depiction of Thor in all of the movies. Him, Groot and Rocket showing up at the battle got the biggest applause from the audience. And the whole sequence with him building the weapon was dope af

Ultimately this film’s success or lack thereof depends on how familiar you are with the other Marvel movies. Because if you don’t have that prior knowledge or familiarity with the characters the ending is gonna be more “wtf” than emotional. But if you’re invested in these characters you’ll notice all the payoffs and you’ll appreciate how Marvel built everything up that much more. So it shows both how expertly Marvel crafted their universe while also showing that the actual movie itself doesn’t stand too well on its own .

So basically, as a part of the MCU it’s a 9/10 and as a stand alone movie it’s somewhere between a 6 and 7 out of 10 imo.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I know they do but for me its like a superhero I don’t like played by an actor I am not to crazy about :shaq2: .

Again this is all personal am I going to watch the movie you damn right I am.

That’s fair...... I don’t know enough about her to hate her..... as I’ve onlr seen her in 1 or 2 other things and thought she was straight. Not to mention outside of movies, she seems to have a fairly low profile and hasn’t done anything I’d hate.

And as far as the character....... I’m still kinda learning her so it’s still too early for me to judge

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Just gotta make it through work then take my final exam for class and I'm in there this evening :wow:
EDIT: I've basically have had to detach myself from my phone because I got hit up last night by folks asking me what the ending meant I quickly hit the :sadcam::merchant:face told folks don't spoil it for me I ain't seen it yet.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Out here new movies come out on Thursday evening so I went and saw it yesterday.

and of course the movie is good, but I was expecting to see a major character die. Not just gamora and vision. I thought they were gonna get books and pop off Tony or cap. Also, them ending on that kinda cliffhanger is annoying as hell. They kinda set it up where they cannot make any more movies except maybe ant man or Hawkeye since they weren't in this and so many cats literally turned into dust.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I was thinking of s scene that would have been dope.

Have Cap and Black Panther double team Thanos like how he and Bucky did Iron man in Civil War. Instead of dominating both warriors stand tall, This could have been the scene where Cap shield is broken(I still believe we will get that in this cinematic universe as it’s an iconic scene). Have Thanos have T,Challa suit ripped his arm broken and but men battered and bruised and Thanos stil wins and snaps his fingers. Then a bloody and broken T,Challa gets up and stares at a burned and wrecked Wakanda, the score kicks in and his almost on the verge of tears as he looks down and sees Wakandans dead all around him. Then you have Shuri running towards him “brother something is wrong I am scare.........then have Shuri start fading to dust. T,Challa with his broken body limps towards her unable to run but forces his body and just as he reaches her she holds her hands out and it just turns to dust. T,Challa falls to the ground silent as people around him turn to dust:wow:i didn’t cry during this movie but that scene would have had a nikka looking for tissues.:mjcry:

:wow:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh, am I bugging, or did I see Valkyrie's body at the beginning of the flick as one of the Asgardian dead?

Talk about Grand Opening, Grand Closing, lol.
That’s 1 of my problems

I waited months for the Thor Ragnarok teaser to become a full scene and when it came on, they were already beat