The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Just got done watching this and it’s a lot to take in. Initial impressions:

Bleeding edge suit had me geeking out, especially during that last battle with thanos.

Thor and gotg were the stars of the movie imo. I enjoyed their scenes the most.

The love story they forced in here was cringeworthy. Vision and Scarlett were boring when they weren’t fighting.

Thanos....I like the character and how he was portrayed but I also thought it could’ve been better. Not sure how yet.... I need to sleep on it.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I’m just now leaving the theater and I lie to you not the entire theater was dead silent for the last 10 mins of so. Only noise you heard was crying

And that last shot of thanos . Holy shyt. I never felt so uneasy coming from a marvel movie before . They knocked this out the park.

Comparing it to bp I think Is unfair. Bp is like no other marvel movie or comic movie at all.

Straight Comic book/Super hero flick?? This is hands down the best one i saw. Thanos was done justice and then some. Everytime he was on the screen he stole the scene and we saw why they took 10 years to build up to him.

I will say I'm a bit shocked they gave him all the stones in one movie. Thought he wasn't gonna complete it til part 2. But the ending is well worth the "rushed" gauntlet plot.

Only downside i can think of is we already know Homecoming 2/BP2 and Guardians 3 are already being worked on. So that means we already know everything is gonna be "undone" by the end of part 2. Sure there might be one or 2 deaths that stick but basically everything that Thanos is doing will be rectified by the end of the Avengers 4. Ain't no way T'Challa Spidey and Groot staying dead lol.

Still processing the ending. Give me a min brehs :wow:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
His "balance" motivation was way better than being the biggest simp in the Universe for Death, besides the whole courting Death thing would've been almost impossible to pull off without either sounding or looking goofy as fukk :manny:

Yea..... kinda crazy to knock the little bit of love subplot and then diss the new direction of the main plot when originally his motivation itself was about love

Also wasn’t killing people to save people killmongers motivation

Exactly..... pretty much the same motivation but on a more universal level

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
7) can someone explain to me why Thanos saw young Gamora when Thor put that axe in his chest :myman: was that the soulstone or the timestone at work here?? Was it the soulstone and Thor really did almost kill him and he was seeing flashbacks in the after life? Or was it the timestone to help save him while he traveled to wherever he was traveling to? Im so confused on this scene
)

I'm no expert on the subject either but I'm pretty sure that was the Soul stone. Thanos traded Gamora's soul for the gem so she's kinda "trapped" in there or something along those lines...I think :patrice:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Thanos was playing it off in my opinion. He had all the Infinity Stones so he was basically a GOD. He gave Thor the “satisfaction “ of seeing him be wounded but in reality, it may as well have been a scratch.

playing it off? Thor damn put that axe through his entire chest to his back :dead: dude was visibly about the die thats why he struggled to say he should of cut his head off

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
His "balance" motivation was way better than being the biggest simp in the Universe for Death, besides the whole courting Death thing would've been almost impossible to pull off without either sounding or looking goofy as fukk :manny:
But being a simp for death is actually unique and dope.

Killing to save people is just a hacky trope that has been used countless times before. Like it’s a Steven seagall Walmart bin villain motivation.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Only downside i can think of is we already know Homecoming 2/BP2 and Guardians 3 are already being worked on. So that means we already know everything is gonna be "undone" by the end of part 2. Sure there might be one or 2 deaths that stick but basically everything that Thanos is doing will be rectified by the end of the Avengers 4. Ain't no way T'Challa Spidey and Groot staying dead lol.

Still processing the ending. Give me a min brehs :wow:

My only question is..... why does that have to be a downside?

If we want it to be based off it or close to the source.... we know how this goes.

Plus some people don’t even want certain character to die.

I don’t think that’s should take away from the enjoyment..... if we can accept that some aliens from another universe can come to earth and speak proper English, or Stark and Spidey can man and control an alien ship, or even breath oxygen on both said ship and then a foreign planet.

I think we need to kinda need to stay in the pocket of suspending disbelief and enjoying the ride

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
My only question is..... why does that have to be a downside?

If we want it to be based off it or close to the source.... we know how this goes.

Plus some people don’t even want certain character to die.

I don’t think that’s should take away from the enjoyment..... if we can accept that some aliens from another universe can come to earth and speak proper English, or Stark and Spidey can man and control an alien ship, or even breath oxygen on both said ship and then a foreign planet.

I think we need to kinda need to stay in the pocket of suspending disbelief and enjoying the ride

Yea i agree. It didn't stop me from enjoying the movie at all.