The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It's neck and neck to surpass avatar... it passed jurassic park...:coffee:
Lol,no the fukk it isn’t.

Avatar has literally over double the gross.

I don’t think y’all remember how big that film was. It may not ever be passed.

And the sequel is going to be an event.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I keep hearing that shyt where it's about to beat Avatar....:pachaha: Also they about to release the blu-ray they gonna make a killing off that...

I hear you...but its not even close breh. Maybe its creeping up on Avatar for domestic gross but worldwide is untouchable right now.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"Avatar" came out damn near 10 years ago....past success doesn't mean much of anything. I seriously doubt the sequels will flop but the entire climate of cinema has changed since then which is why Cameron is talking about he hopes people get tired of "The Avengers". He ain't randomly making these comments....he knows there's a chance "Avatar 2-5" or whatever he's calling them will have to compete with a genre of movies that routintely do $800-$1 bill....which didn't exist back then as competition.

Regardless, it was hating. If he said "I'm tired of all these comic book movies"....ok, cool. He said he hopes other people get tired of an entire genre of cinema. I don't know how anybody can frame that as anything except hate. Especially in light of the fact that he has no problem attaching his name to terrible "Terminator" sequels.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
the black order probably start out normal strength and then get powered up by thanos using the stones. pause :dame: ie Ronan the accuser.
MCU likes to explain how people get their powers and not just have them powered up to start with. Every villian so far has had an origin explaining how they got their abilities, this is probably no different. This fight might just take place early before they get beefed up. pause again :dame:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Careful now:whoa:, Avatar was ass but this man gave us Terminator 2 arguably one of the greatest action movies of all time.
I never really understood the appeal of that movie as a kid still lowkey don't even though I'm 27 so if anyone can explain it please...