The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I don’t think it overlooks Ben. Peter has had plenty of mentors in the comics to fill that void for him. Dr connors being chief among them and also Tony. But Tony being a mentor to a teenager makes a lot more sense than being a mentor to a grown ass man with a wife and bills. It doesn’t mean Ben isn’t important nor does it mean this peter has forgotten what Ben taught him. You don’t need to see Ben in the story to know his influence is there.

The speech he gave Tony in civil war, the choice peter made in the 3rd of homecoming regarding culture and the choice he made regarding taking care of Queens. Those are all because of bens influence.

besides the Disney XD being a direct CW spider prequel I swore Peter said "my uncle" once or twice in homecoming

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i liked it. not LOVED it! lol
but liked it.

and

"It wants to pay lip service to the “Demon In a Bottle” storyline and Tony’s history of alcoholism but not actually do anything with it. Scenes that should be sad, like him DJing in full iron man costume or arguing with Rhodey, come off as silly because the movie can’t fully commit to taking it seriously."

i completely agree with this here.

I wrote that so I’m glad you agree :wow:

If the movie just went there I think it would’ve been better for it.

Last edited:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
really didnt know that not liking Iron Man 2 was a thing like that.
:francis:

that was a solid movie.

brought us the War Machine!

edit

"while he was in the cave, probably his lowest point, and when he saw the carnage his weapons were causing around the world. But I always wonder why did he just now realize that?"

cause he was now a victim!
:pachaha:

lets not act like Tony Stark isnt the most self absorbed muthafukka in comics!

On the bolded he had the simple mindset of America good their enemies bad. As far as he knew his weapons were only being used by the good guys to stop the bad guys.

That's an understandable mindset following in his father's footsteps. His father started in WW2 where it was clear Nazis/Hydra evil other guys good. Tony was too busy enjoying life to grow up and realize the world had gotten much more complicated.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I wrote that so I’m glad you agree :wow:

If the movie just went there I think it would’ve neen better for it.

That is what I believe Im3 was missing. Him and Pepper discussing him not being able to sleep while truly opening up to her about coming to terms with these otherworldly beings existing was dope:mjcry:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
thought it was stated.. the first episodes are before Tony "found" him.. well the 6 shorts ...

Nah because he actually meets Tony in an episode. And he goes to Horizon High not Midtown High. and Harry is there, and Norman. And Vulture has more in common with 616 vulture than Keaton vulture. No prequel

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Nah because he actually meets Tony in an episode. And he goes to Horizon High not Midtown High. and Harry is there, and Norman. And Vulture has more in common with 616 vulture than Keaton vulture. No prequel

my bad then... I always thought it was .. especially cause he had the homemade suit with the goggles...

and the timeline fit with him just starting to be spider man and the ages

edit: thanks @MartyMcFly .. guess its time to watch my dvr... my daughter watched them all.... its still no spectacular but from what I saw its decent

edit 2: this is where I got my confusion from
The new Marvel’s Spider-Man animated series debuts tomorrow on Disney XD and Marvel has released a new clip that features our young Web-Head taking on his first super villain, The Vulture. Robbie Daymond (Transformers: Rescue Bots) voices Peter Parker / Spider-Man while Alastair Duncan (The Batman) is the voice of Adrian Toomes / The Vulture. The series focuses on a version of Spider-Man similar to the one we meet in Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming. He is even wearing the pre-Civil War suit. It’s not completely connected to the MCU because we know that Peter doesn’t take on Toomes until after he meets with Tony Stark and gets the upgraded suit… and the new animated series seems to be the “youtube” sensation that Tony went to go look for

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Widow looks like a straight up mom in her pic. i guess she literally is so... i don't know

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
wciq4930mrp01.jpg