The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Ultra Hi-Res photos :wow:
VO1IhAX.jpg

4lcYoRX.jpg

z2ZwNq2.jpg

jK3N99C.jpg

piguaaX.jpg

valiU5A.jpg

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most I see is Avengers 1 Manhattan level destruction :jbhmm:Wakandans army on the other hand:patrice:the front lines squad is going head on with the outsider species :merchant:Hopefully they get an upgraded shield other unique weapons like they had in Black Panther :ehh:I'm sure M'Baku will bring his army for assistance as well:blessed:I do think we'll see Black Dwarf taking that L before Thanos touches down handing Avengers group 2 that fade:damn:

If you look closely in the 1st trailer, you'll see M'Baku standing on the frontline on the battlefield behind T'Challa

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I wonder how much actual screen time T’Challa gets in this film. Like is he only going to feature prominently during the climax and then have a bigger role in Part 2?
I imagine he doesn't become a big player until act 3 of the movie..then switches into the main rotation in the sequel.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I wonder how much actual screen time T’Challa gets in this film. Like is he only going to feature prominently during the climax and then have a bigger role in Part 2?
They shot BP and Infinity War 1 and 2 essentially around the same time, so they didn't have the knowledge that T'Challa would be their most profitable superhero. Probably figured he'd be around Dr. Strange levels of reception. DS was well received but didn't crack 680 mil in the world wide box office, so in the trailer we see him have a respectable amount of things to do but ultimately he'll take a back seat to Tony/Spidey/Starlord/etc. The characters that Disney knows are the money makers.

I see BP getting similar treatment; he'll get respectable showings when introduced near the 3rd act but ultimately the focus will be on the Steve/Natasha/Falcon crew + Banner/Hulk. All the big wow moments will belong to them, specifically Steve, Hulk... and Natasha.

Infinity War part 2 is what will be interesting bc again, it's already been shot and this was with them not knowing how big BP would be.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They shot BP and Infinity War 1 and 2 essentially around the same time, so they didn't have the knowledge that T'Challa would be their most profitable superhero. Probably figured he'd be around Dr. Strange levels of reception. DS was well received but didn't crack 680 mil in the world wide box office, so in the trailer we see him have a respectable amount of things to do but ultimately he'll take a back seat to Tony/Spidey/Starlord/etc. The characters that Disney knows are the money makers.

I see BP getting similar treatment; he'll get respectable showings when introduced near the 3rd act but ultimately the focus will be on the Steve/Natasha/Falcon crew + Banner/Hulk. All the big wow moments will belong to them, specifically Steve, Hulk... and Natasha.

Infinity War part 2 is what will be interesting bc again, it's already been shot and this was with them not knowing how big BP would be.

With the battle taking place in wakkanda I think he'll have a bigger part than you think

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
I know reddit doin the whole April fools Hawkeye shyt...

They kind of right though, they been playin my dude Clint. :mjcry: Hawkeye has taken more L's than any Avenger.

Only skill is from the 1600's or some shyt. Luckily they have tech to make it cool in the movies.:pachaha:
-Whatever happened in Budapest. He probably got worked by flabby eastern European terrorist. :mjlol:
-Mind-controlled by Loki for 2 hours of the Avengers movie, which was like a week in movie time :mjlol:
-Ass kicked by Natasha. :mjlol:
-Shot by Struckes weak ass guards :mjlol: Needed Hulk and Widow to bail his ass out.

-Slapped up by Quicksilver several times. :mjlol:
-Captain America treating him like a bytch. :leostare:"Barton! Who was that?" :merchant:"Girlfriend..."

-Slapped up by Vision. Wanda saved him,:mjlol: (Vision wasn't go kill him but he was go knock his ass out if he needed.)

-Slapped up by Wanda again at the airport battle.:pachaha:

-Slapped up by T'Challa at the airport and sonned. "I don't care...":birdman::camby:

Put in water prison with the lesser Avengers :skip:(I love Falcon and Ant-Man but they would have never put Cap or Widow, Tony, Spidey etc.. in that prison)

straight disrespectful :bookhaha:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
With the battle taking place in wakkanda I think he'll have a bigger part than you think

I hope so. In the comics, BP takes down Black Dwarf i.e. Thanos's big ass black order lieutenant, and that's how the first major battle between Wakanda and Thanos's armies ends, with Wakanda victorious. I expect black dwarf to be in Wakanda as part of the invasion, but i wouldn't be surprised if he's matched up with Hulk. But if BP does get to do more or beat/kill one of the black order lieutenants, that'd be a pleasant surprise for me.

momma

All Star
Daps

Idk. Okoye was in that team running towards the camera in the first trailer months before BP came out, they have a whole battle in Wakanda with Shuri supplying tech, Cap and everybody is running to Wakanda for help, etc. I don't think we're gonna complain about BP's shine in the movie. Plus I don't think Marvel handles creative decisions like that. Disney might have its directives but ultimately Feige is gonna utilize the characters the way he wants to, and if you read the Infinity story arc BP is really important

momma

All Star
Daps
the MCU hasn't lost a single character we're truly invested in for years. Don't pretend you cared about Yondu after Guardians 1. Don't pretend you cared about Peggy Carter. Don't pretend Oden counts. These are characters you can pretty much assume will die at some point.

Rhodes in CW would have been the biggest death in the MCU had they gone through with it. they need to go way bigger than that

Which characters in situations besides Rhodes in CW would it have made sense to kill them off, either creatively or financially?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The whole 3rd act of the movie takes place in Wakanda so I assume he'll be front and center.

Fred.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Idk. Okoye was in that team running towards the camera in the first trailer months before BP came out, they have a whole battle in Wakanda with Shuri supplying tech, Cap and everybody is running to Wakanda for help, etc. I don't think we're gonna complain about BP's shine in the movie. Plus I don't think Marvel handles creative decisions like that. Disney might have its directives but ultimately Feige is gonna utilize the characters the way he wants to, and if you read the Infinity story arc BP is really important
That's all part of BP having a respectable showing. The story still revolves around Cap's team protecting Vision, and the Infinity story is a bit different since that was Illuminati.

There will be nothing to complain about because BP wasn't going to be the central character in IW like Tony and Steve are. Now the next phase/big event, that's when I expect BP to take that front and center role.

And given that BP is their biggest box office draw, I expect they'll double down on him in the future, just like they did with Tony. So IW [a send off for the old guard/transition] is really inconsequential to how bright of a future BP has. Right now BP/Wakanda are playing with house money.