The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Chris Evans headlined Not Another Teen Movie, 2 FF movies, Cellular, and was "well known." Chris Hemsworth should be the one you use in this example, as he was an Aussie who was in Star Trek for 3 minutes i think he was in that movie with Steve Zaun and Mila Jovavich in the jungle... which i can't remember the name of, but had a really good twist.

Literally every Chris Evans movie you named was a flop. To say he was "well known" is a ridiculous stretch.

If you would've told anyone in 2010 that Evil Boyfriend #2 in "Scott Pilgrim vs The World" would go on to headline his own billion dollar franchise....people would've thought you were nuts.

literally every actor with more than 3 seconds of screen time in the MCU is and was more famous that whoever the fukk Curt Clendenin is. That even includes the mocap actors for the Black Order.

Obviously I don't know if Silver Surfer appears in the movie....but why you'd assume he has a big role that would need a well known actor, I don't know. He could briefly appear in an after-credits scene to set the next movie up, before he's replaced by a better known actor....which is exactly what they did with Thanos.

Fred.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Can anyone explain the Silver Surfer's significance? I've read a bit on him but I'm still confused; the Surfer in the Sanctum instead of Banner for example. So he just goes around looking for planets for Galactus to eat and that's it?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Chris Evans's role in Scott Pilgrim was basically a cameo b/c he was a "known" actor. just as Brandon Routh's was. they were cast b/c people knew them as guys who played superheroes. your argument here isn't a good one.

and we're overlooking the entire premise that Silver Surfer is part of the Fox universe, and that sale isn't ready. we also probably would have heard rumblings before this so don't hit me with the "well, they got Ego the Living planet, etc etc." Fox, in all their spiteful wisdom, is planning a SS movie before the Disney deal goes through to go along with their garbage Xmen movies.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
New spoilers from EMPIRE magazine's May issue

RzyF5CkXniTx8StGRxJQTSkLtC8gB8mXiK1In72Lahc.jpg

• Thanos is preoccupied at the start of the film, so sends the Black Order to Earth to try to get the Infinity Stones for him.

• Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive go to Edinburgh, to get the Mind Stone off Vision. Vision and Scarlet Witch are rescued last-minute by Captain America, Black Widow and Falcon.

• The big round thing hovering over NYC is Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw's ship. ("You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today. Take your tractor beam and skedaddle." - Stark)

• They've come to get the Time Stone off Doctor Strange. Stark tries desperately to get Banner to hulk out, but he can't. ("Don't embarrass me in front of the wizard" - Stark)

• Thanos is "the main character" of the movie.

• Infinity War won't be especially funny (in comparison to Homecoming and Ragnarok). "The one thing that character deaths do is remind you that the world has real stakes. Death is a real possibility in the storytelling" - Anthony Russo.

• Joe Russo says "you should go back and look at clues in Civil War to what's in Avengers 4." Anthony Russo says "it's more of an epic adventure in the classic sense, with huge emotional stakes."
Similar to the spoilers I read. My rant will continue to be how in tf does Falcon and Black Widow face off against someone whose staff supposedly never misses and is made from a star :mindblown:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I'm staying out of this thread. Too many spoilers and things, and I'm cutting myself off from promo. Got my AMC Opening Night Special Event tickets.

I just wanted to share this piece of fanart with you guys. It made me feel some type of way.

”The Last Shawarma” fanart by Bosslogic

OK, see y'all on the flip side.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can anyone explain the Silver Surfer's significance? I've read a bit on him but I'm still confused; the Surfer in the Sanctum instead of Banner for example. So he just goes around looking for planets for Galactus to eat and that's it?

That's more or less what he does in a nutshell.

As far as his importance in Thanos story....a bunch of the supporting cast and stories leading up to the original "Infinity Gauntlet" arc appeared in Silver Surfer comics. So he's interwoven into the original story.

Fred.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
That's more or less what he does in a nutshell.

As far as his importance in Thanos story....a bunch of the supporting cast and stories leading up to the original "Infinity Gauntlet" arc appeared in Silver Surfer comics. So he's interwoven into the original story.

Fred.
So is he a hero or villain?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So is he a hero or villain?

It's kinda complicated because he saved his own world at the expense of the worlds he finds for Galactus to eat. Over all I'd say he's a hero, though. But he's one of the cosmic level beings so it's not like he fights bad guys all the time. He's mostly above all that unless it's a cosmic level threat, like Thanos.

Fred.

Code

Banned
Daps
Similar to the spoilers I read. My rant will continue to be how in tf does Falcon and Black Widow face off against someone whose staff supposedly never misses and is made from a star :mindblown:

Yeah it sounds extremely disappointing, proxima midnight 1shotted the hulk in the comics...

3476265-proxima+midnight+vs+hulk+-+infinity+%236.jpg

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm not sure if this can pass The Force Awakens but the hype is crazy right now. I've gone completely dark on it. I didn't even watch the trailer. I've been looking forward to this since I read the mini series and had the fukking trading cards.

I gotta dig up them old trading cards sometime. Please do Thanos justice.. :wow: :wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

To be fair it's not as if Black Widow and Falcon are taking out Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive....it's Cap, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Black Widow and Falcon fighting those two. That's damn near half the Avengers.

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm staying out of this thread. Too many spoilers and things, and I'm cutting myself off from promo. Got my AMC Opening Night Special Event tickets.

I just wanted to share this piece of fanart with you guys. It made me feel some type of way.

”The Last Shawarma” fanart by Bosslogic

OK, see y'all on the flip side.
I like this art to. That's why I posted it earlier this afternoon. :beli:
Read the thread a little bit. lol