The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
whoever this Curt Clendenin dude is, he somehow wiki-edited his name on to some cast list, and now every shytty, unreputable website it running with the story. look at dude's imdb Curt Clendenin - IMDb even if it's a full on mocap role, he's not getting that role. unless it's literally seeing surfer from a mile away for a split second, kinda like ol' dude who played Thanos for 3 seconds in the Avengers stinger.
Completely agree, not worthy of the part.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
New spoilers from EMPIRE magazine's May issue

RzyF5CkXniTx8StGRxJQTSkLtC8gB8mXiK1In72Lahc.jpg

• Thanos is preoccupied at the start of the film, so sends the Black Order to Earth to try to get the Infinity Stones for him.

• Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive go to Edinburgh, to get the Mind Stone off Vision. Vision and Scarlet Witch are rescued last-minute by Captain America, Black Widow and Falcon.

• The big round thing hovering over NYC is Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw's ship. ("You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today. Take your tractor beam and skedaddle." - Stark)

• They've come to get the Time Stone off Doctor Strange. Stark tries desperately to get Banner to hulk out, but he can't. ("Don't embarrass me in front of the wizard" - Stark)

• Thanos is "the main character" of the movie.

• Infinity War won't be especially funny (in comparison to Homecoming and Ragnarok). "The one thing that character deaths do is remind you that the world has real stakes. Death is a real possibility in the storytelling" - Anthony Russo.

• Joe Russo says "you should go back and look at clues in Civil War to what's in Avengers 4." Anthony Russo says "it's more of an epic adventure in the classic sense, with huge emotional stakes."

Regarding the last point the only thing that strikes me is

The concept of time and the desire to “fix” your mistakes. Tony started the movie designing his memory machine so he could re-live the last time he saw his parents. Tony also felt guilt about the young kid who died in Sakovia. Steve feels guilt at outliving Peggy. Bucky feels guilt at all the horrible things he did as a brainwashed Winter Soldier. T’Challa feels guilt at not being able to protect his father. Scarlett Witch feels guilt at the death of her brother. What WOULD you do if you could back? If you could use the Infinity Gauntlet to change your circumstances? Would you save the world? Would you reshape it in your own image? How would YOU be any better than Thanos?

That’s a deep concept to base a fourth movie around. The Temptation Of The Avengers :wow:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Regarding the last point the only thing that strikes me is

The concept of time and the desire to “fix” your mistakes. Tony started the movie designing his memory machine so he could re-live the last time he saw his parents. Tony also felt guilt about the young kid who died in Sakovia. Steve feels guilt at outliving Peggy. Bucky feels guilt at all the horrible things he did as a brainwashed Winter Soldier. T’Challa feels guilt at not being able to protect his father. Scarlett Witch feels guilt at the death of her brother. What WOULD you do if you could back? If you could use the Infinity Gauntlet to change your circumstances? Would you save the world? Would you reshape it in your own image? How would YOU be any better than Thanos?

That’s a deep concept to base a fourth movie around. The Temptation Of The Avengers :wow:
If Scarlet Witch got the time stone and had to choose between bringing back Quicksilver or Saving Vision :mjcry:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was trying to edit any reference to Silver Surfer in the off chance it's true but the cat seems to be out of the bag. :yeshrug:

I have no idea how reliable that info is....but far as the actor not being well known enough....the MCU was started by RDJ, who was washed at the time. Chris Evans biggest role prior to playing Cap was a bit part in that Scott Pilgrim movie. Generally speaking they don't use movie stars....they either use people that are known, but not stars in their own right....or people that aren't well known at all. There is only a few exceptions to this.

Fred.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Its funny...if Silver Surfer was in the movie we already know who's playing him. :smugbiden:or voicing him.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was trying to edit any reference to Silver Surfer in the off chance it's true but the cat seems to be out of the bag. :yeshrug:

I have no idea how reliable that info is....but far as the actor not being well known enough....the MCU was started by RDJ, who was washed at the time. Chris Evans biggest role prior to playing Cap was a bit part in that Scott Pilgrim movie. Generally speaking they don't use movie stars....they either use people that are known, but not stars in their own right....or people that aren't well known at all. There is only a few exceptions to this.

Fred.
Even they were worse movies Chris Evans role as Johnny Storm was much bigger and the Fantastic four were bigger movies than Scott Pilgrim.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Even they were worse movies Chris Evans role as Johnny Storm was much bigger and the Fantastic four were bigger movies than Scott Pilgrim.

I didn't mean "Scott Pilgrim" was the biggest role of his entire career....I meant that's the role he had directly prior to getting the lead role in an MCU movie.

And even "Fantastic Four" was a flop....$330 mill off a $100 mill budget.

Semantics aside, his acting career wasn't exactly setting the world on fire before they handed him what turned into a billion dollar franchise.

Fred.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
literally every actor with more than 3 seconds of screen time in the MCU is and was more famous that whoever the fukk Curt Clendenin is. That even includes the mocap actors for the Black Order.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Chris Evans headlined Not Another Teen Movie, 2 FF movies, Cellular, and was "well known." Chris Hemsworth should be the one you use in this example, as he was an Aussie who was in Star Trek for 3 minutes i think he was in that movie with Steve Zaun and Mila Jovavich in the jungle... which i can't remember the name of, but had a really good twist.