The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I'm a have to quote myself one time...

You know what? I'm damn near convinced that ain't Thor...:jbhmm:

:whoo: This shot might be like the Hela NY shot from Ragnorak. They prolly just changed the background setting to make it seem like it's Thor with Rocket & Groot on their mission.

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Infinity-War-Thor-010.jpg

Look at the back of Thor's cape and forearm. Also it looks like when he gets the new weapon he has long sleeve armor :jbhmm:
Hot-Toys-Infinity-War-Thor-Sixth-Scale-Figure-and-Accessories-640x450.jpg

The cape.

Now, he could have his head down on the gif...but I see a collar.

:jbhmm:

:whoo:

:yeshrug:

I don't know.

Why has Thor got Stormbreaker? I give Marvel mad props but the one character and his lore they majorly fukked was Thor. At this point in the story Thor should have the Odin force and should be King Thor/Rune King Thor.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Film didn't serve a purpose.
AOU set up Civil War, Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther and Infinity War.

Perhaps that was the problem. The movie was doing so much.

I'm actually sure Marvel is going to (logically, not just out of nowhere for shock factor or whatever) kill off some heroes we might not totally expect to die

This is because they have 2 ways of bringing some of them back if they choose to do so - using the time stone to go back in time and fix things in A4, or the Skrulls story that's being set up in Captain Marvel for presumably Phase 4

It'll take some maneuvering to keep the emotional weight while also not cheapen deaths by just bringing characters back later but I think they'll do that for at least one character, maybe a minor one who fans would be sad they died but not totally overwhelmed (and who have been around long enough where a death would be truly felt ie a Loki or Pepper or War Machine or Hawkeye)
Set photos showed them in their The Avengers costumes so it makes me wonder why they go that far back in time.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Set photos showed them in their The Avengers costumes so it makes me wonder why they go that far back in time.

Not spoilers, just speculation:

Maybe because that's the first time Thanos showed interest in Earth.

Maybe when Thanos/The Black Order attacks the Asgardian ship Thanos mentions how he instructed Loki to get the Space Stone....Thor or Banner over hears it, then later they tell the rest of the Avengers that this whole thing started with the Chitauri attack in NY. That would give them a reason to go back to that time frame....to warn the past that Thanos is coming.

But if they do that then the present has to be completely fukked. So I bet most of them die in the current time line.

Fred.