The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You talk about exceptions, then cite the biggest outlier in Spider-Man's history (beating Firelord) as proof of what he can do at his best. When comparing all of Spider-Man's history, it is far more likely for him to hurt himself punching the likes of Hulk, Thor, or Hercules than him actually being a threat to them.
:dwillhuh: I said in the same comment I’m not running to the excepts like everyone keeps posting up. I was using it as an example that pulling up feats anyone can make a case.

In a fight vs hulk Spider-Man in most cases wouldn’t or shouldn’t be throwing punches without a reason. And that reason wouldn’t be to “hurt him”

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:dwillhuh: I said in the same comment I’m not running to the excepts like everyone keeps posting up. I was using it as an example that pulling up feats anyone can make a case.

In a fight vs hulk Spider-Man in most cases wouldn’t or shouldn’t be throwing punches without a reason. And that reason wouldn’t be to “hurt him”

Spiderman can't even beat Redwing:umad:
5449828-tumblr_inline_o8rybgw02f1u4z1h4_500.gif

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
How is Cap catching a punch from Thanos :ohhh: I ain’t read marvel in awhile doesn’t make sense to me
Caps not catching a punch.. Thanos wasn't even going for a punch, he was tryna grab Cap and Cap is trying to hold him back. It looks like he's using everything he's got too which is making Thanos annoyed lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'd agree if we'e talking random cherry picked feats, but if you take a large enough sample a various feats and fights, then you begin to get a very clear picture of what these characters are actually capable of. In Spider-Man's thousands of appearances, you could probably count on two hands (being generous) the amount of times he has actually hurt a Hulk-class opponent with actual punches. He is far more likely to use his environment to incapacitate someone on that level (E.G. Juggernaut).

I agree that Spider-man holds back a lot and is very dangerous when he decides to cut loose, but he is not typically seeing anyone on Hulk or Thor's level barring ridiculous outliers (Firelord or Masterson-Thor) or external Power ups (knocking Gray Hulk into space while being amped by the Uni-Power).

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
BP raked in a billion dollars and is one of the biggest superhero films of all time. Even if Wakanda gets destroyed, it will be back shiny and new at the end of it all.
Yeah i dont know why peeps are hung up on who dies or what takes place in this flick they already said there is going to be some time fukkery