The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
You damn well know it was Edward Norton as Bruce Banner before Ruffalo :comeon:

Iron Man came out in 2008 and Rhodes/War Machine was played by Terrence Howard. The movie was a hit. Two years later Iron Man 2 came out and Rhodes/War Machine was played by Don Cheadle. Nobody had a problem because it was clearly the same character from the previous movie. In that same movie Tony Stark was dying and he let Rhodes take the suit. They didn't have him become "Iron Man" like he initially does but instead they went straight to "War Machine".

Nobody gave a shyt about War Machine breh. Especially not one film deep and he didn't get to wear the armor as Terrance Howard. Chris Evans has his own Trilogy and appears in like 3 other films. :mjlol: IF RDJ is the face of the Marvel U. this nikka the right knee. no way ESPECIALLY After Infinity War Pt 2 does someone just come in as a new Captain America. .

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the fans won't buy, Bucky Barnes becoming Captain America but some completely new a$$hole playing CAP won't be an issue? :heh:

A different actor playing the SAME character isn't the same as another character taking up a role they hadn't occupied before.

People had no problem with Don Cheadle replacing Terrence Howard as War Machine, but if Rhodey replaces Tony as Iron Man people would be upset, because there hasn't been enough build up to it, Rhodey hasn't been developed enough as a character in his own right. Sam goes for Sam and Bucky taking over for Cap, those two characters are defined by their relationship to Cap and they really don't have anything outside of that.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody gave a shyt about War Machine breh. Especially not one film deep and he didn't get to wear the armor as Terrance Howard. Chris Evans has his own Trilogy and appears in like 3 other films. :mjlol: IF RDJ is the face of the Marvel U. this nikka the right knee. no way ESPECIALLY After Infinity War Pt 2 does someone just come in as a new Captain America. .

Bullshyt, because leading up to the release of Iron Man people kept asking about potentially seeing War Machine and asking if we'd get a War Machine solo film. Then leading up to Iron Man 2 they HEAVILY promoted War Machine in all the promotional material, half the damn posters were of Iron Man and War Machine standing back to back. People wanted War Machine, but Marvel fukked up by not treating the character right or developing him.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Bullshyt, because leading up to the release of Iron Man people kept asking about potentially seeing War Machine and asking if we'd get a War Machine solo film. Then leading up to Iron Man 2 they HEAVILY promoted War Machine in all the promotional material, half the damn posters were of Iron Man and War Machine standing back to back. People wanted War Machine, but Marvel fukked up by not treating the character right or developing him.

Aight you win whatever, but on another note, has anyone heard anything about any other villains being in this film? I don't think they would just do Thanos alone although I could be wrong. Dude does usually have lackeys too.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Iron Man 2 was built around Rhodes becoming War Machine :gucci:

All the money shots in the movie were around War Machine. They marketed the character hard like @Mic-Nificent said and there was even talk of a solo movie at the time.

This is the damn the poster
iron_man_two.jpg
:gucci:

Here's another
70111470.jpg
:gucci:

Terrence Howard's "next time baby" had people anticipating the character.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

He should have been in The Avengers movie.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight you win whatever, but on another note, has anyone heard anything about any other villains being in this film? I don't think they would just do Thanos alone although I could be wrong. Dude does usually have lackeys too.

Only other villain type characters that have been confirmed to be in the movie are Nebula and The Collector. No word on any of the other villains. I can see the Chituari showing up again to be cannon fodder.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He should have been in The Avengers movie.

Yup, it made no sense for him to be called in or so much as mentioned. It was a military operation and they never bothered to call in War Machine when the world was coming to an end.

Marvel eventually released a comic to explain where Rhodey was during the first Avengers film, but the explanation was still weak as fukk.

They gotta explain where Fury was during Civil War too. I hope his absence is a sign that he's gone underground and we find out the skrulls have invaded. If they played it right the Secret Invasion story could lead to some dope stories throughout the MCU and make fans question everything they see in Phase 4.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Only other villain type characters that have been confirmed to be in the movie are Nebula and The Collector. No word on any of the other villains. I can see the Chituari showing up again to be cannon fodder.

Nah Thanos has his own heralds.... They are easily powerful in their own right let's hope they don't merk any of the avengers... I'm sure thanos aint gonna do the heavy lifting by himself a boss always has underlings... :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Nah Thanos has his own heralds.... They are easily powerful in their own right let's hope they don't merk any of the avengers... I'm sure thanos aint gonna do the heavy lifting by himself a boss always has underlings... :ufdup:

You got to at least give him a few of his generals like Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive

latest

corvus-glaive.jpg

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yup, it made no sense for him to be called in or so much as mentioned. It was a military operation and they never bothered to call in War Machine when the world was coming to an end.

Marvel eventually released a comic to explain where Rhodey was during the first Avengers film, but the explanation was still weak as fukk.

They gotta explain where Fury was during Civil War too. I hope his absence is a sign that he's gone underground and we find out the skrulls have invaded. If they played it right the Secret Invasion story could lead to some dope stories throughout the MCU and make fans question everything they see in Phase 4.

:ohhh:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Black Order are relatively new characters, it's unlikely we'll see them in either infinity War. You introduce them and the first thing people would say is "Why didn't he just send them to get he infinity stones before in the other movies?". Plus you have to establish Thanos as an ultra powerful being that can take on all the Avengers singlehandedly.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I come in peace, I just have a simple question about DC and Marvel. First of, I'm a huge huge fan of both, every movie gets first day theater and first day blu ray cop.

My question is, do the actors from each studio acknowledge the others at all? Like for example, has RDJ or Chris ever mentioned affleck or anyone else? Clearly actors always applaud other actors and movies regardless if its the same studio or not. Or is marvel and dc straight up like wcw vs wwe where you are not allowed to mention the other actor or movie

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

They'll probably be another villain separate from Thanos. Magus wanted The Guantlet too and thought The Avengers.

They could use him or another villain (Loki?) for the first 2/3 whilst fleshing out Thanos who comes in to face them in the last 1/3.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I come in peace, I just have a simple question about DC and Marvel. First of, I'm a huge huge fan of both, every movie gets first day theater and first day blu ray cop.

My question is, do the actors from each studio acknowledge the others at all? Like for example, has RDJ or Chris ever mentioned affleck or anyone else? Clearly actors always applaud other actors and movies regardless if its the same studio or not. Or is marvel and dc straight up like wcw vs wwe where you are not allowed to mention the other actor or movie

I've never heard any of the actors say anything about it.