The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's not clear at this point, they haven't even finished the first arc (Thanos) they started. If they keep the same core actors post-"Infinity War", ok cool. But now it's too early to say they're not gonna switch it up.

Fred.

Could have been done in Iron Man 2/3 and Civil War, they didn't go that way. It aint happening. Feige's already said they'll be recasting. Plus that mantle/character swapping stuff is far more damaging to the brand than a recast. There's a reason why Paramount aborted replacing Ethan Hunt with Jeremy Renner's character and scrapped Bourne Legacy sequels to bring Jason Bourne back. No one wants to see that off-brand shyt :hhh:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
The Winter Soldier will NEVER become Captain America in these movies :stopitslime:

Steve Rogers is Captain America. Bucky Barnes is The Winter Soldier. Chris Evans will be recast if decides he doesn't want to stay on. It's that simple. Like I just told Hex nobody wants a Bourne Legacy type situation.

It's an ongoing story/franchise of course RDJr needs to be replaced :gucci:

:heh: At Bourne Legacy. Sebastian Stan will have been in 5 movies at that point. This ain't Jeremy Renner coming out the blue. :heh: At them recasting Chris Evans in the middle of a End of phase 3 beginning of phase 4. Breh Winter Soldier will be cap by 2019 Phase 4 will be in effect. And they not recasting either of them anytime soon. You don't even need Iron Man without Robert Downey Jr. They'll just have another Avenger team.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Could have been done in Iron Man 2/3 and Civil War, they didn't go that way. It aint happening. Feige's already said they'll be recasting. Plus that mantle/character swapping stuff is far more damaging to the brand than a recast. There's a reason why Paramount aborted replacing Ethan Hunt with Jeremy Renner's character and scrapped Bourne Legacy sequels to bring Jason Bourne back. No one wants to see that off-brand shyt :hhh:

All Kevin Feige said was it's been done before but he doesn't need to think about it and he doesn't want to think about it. That doesn't seem like a man too eager to start replacing people.

And unlike randomly replacing Jason Bourne, virtually every character in this franchise (Spidey, Cap, Ironman, etc.) has been another character at one point or another in the comics. Hell, most of Marvel Comics has been different characters. You can't really compare any movie to that.

Fred.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:heh: At Bourne Legacy. Sebastian Stan will have been in 5 movies at that point. This ain't Jeremy Renner coming out the blue. :heh: At them recasting Chris Evans in the middle of a End of phase 3 beginning of phase 4. Breh Winter Soldier will be cap by 2019 Phase 4 will be in effect. And they not recasting either of them anytime soon. You don't even need Iron Man without Robert Downey Jr. They'll just have another Avenger team.

Mantles are gimmicks for comics, they can't work in the movies as it will come off as a spinoff which nobody wants to see. Why do that when you can simply recast the character with the new actor still acknowledging past events thus keeping continuity like Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner did in The Avengers?.

@Mic-Nificent these dudes really think these actors are bigger than MCU :gucci:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
All Kevin Feige said was it's been done before but he doesn't need to think about it and he doesn't want to think about it. That doesn't seem like a man too eager to start replacing people.

And unlike randomly replacing Jason Bourne, virtually every character in this franchise (Spidey, Cap, Ironman, etc.) has been another character at one point or another in the comics. Hell, most of Marvel Comics has been different characters. You can't really compare any movie to that.

Fred.

Well at this moment in time he simply doesn't need to, he's just letting us know what will happen when the time comes.

In the comics yes but in the movies it has been established that Tony Stark is Iron Man, Steve Rogers is Captain America, Bruce Banner is Hulk etc. Replacing them with another character as opposed to recasting = spinoff just like Jeremy Renner in The Bourne Legacy. He wasn't even a recast Jason Bourne instead another character and people just asked "where's Jason Bourne?"

If you want to give The Winter Soldier a film/franchise you call it "The Winter Soldier" not Captain America.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I'm willing to bet Winter Soldier and/or Falcon will be "Cap" before he's recast
i asked earlier about whether or not Falcon is shot up with serum when he gets the suit or not. anyone?

either way, they could do a "Captain Americas" movie with both of them somehow taking the mantle. have they ever had multiple guys as the same hero in the comic?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Mantles are gimmicks for comics, they can't work in the movies as it will come off as a spinoff which nobody wants to see. Why do that when you can simply recast the character with the new actor still acknowledging past events thus keeping continuity like Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner did in The Avengers?.

@Mic-Nificent these dudes really think these actors are bigger than MCU :gucci:
You acting like this Phase 1 marvel. I don't even remember who the 2nd Hulk was. Hulk is a cartoon character breh. Mark Ruffalo is the best hulk to date. But he's still the hulk. He's not captain America nikka. U think a "you look different" line gonna keep customers happy. Lol.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You acting like this Phase 1 marvel. I don't even remember who the 2nd Hulk was. Hulk is a cartoon character breh. Mark Ruffalo is the best hulk to date. But he's still the hulk. He's not captain America nikka. U think a "you look different" line gonna keep customers happy. Lol.

Yup....Because no matter what they're gonna go see the movie. Nobody is going to skip a Marvel film just because they recast an actor in a particular role.

Look at how much people showed they asses when Affleck was cast as Batman, people pissed and moaned about it for over a year....and they still showed up to see the movie and it turned out he was the best thing about that movie.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i asked earlier about whether or not Falcon is shot up with serum when he gets the suit or not. anyone?

No Falcon doesn't get the serum in the comics, but he really doesn't need it. He's got his own powers (Flight, ability to control birds) plus at this point he's an expert martial artist.

either way, they could do a "Captain Americas" movie with both of them somehow taking the mantle. have they ever had multiple guys as the same hero in the comic?

In the comics right now there are 3 different Captain America's (Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, and Danielle Cage from the future).

You can do that sort of thing in the comics because you have months or years to set it up and develop the story. There's time to get fans used to the idea. In the films you don't have that sort of time, because you really only have one film to sell the idea and there's no guarantee fans will buy it.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i mean, if they did a quick epilogue of Steve's will or something, they could easily just say he wants Bucky and Sam to carry on his shield, and then Panther could give them the vibranium to make a second... i don't know wtf i'm talking about, but i think MCU fans would allow it.

the further we get into this universe, the less the comics matter. let's be real, at this point they probably have much more fans who didn't read comics. i never did. the comic nerd barely exists anymore b/c everyone else has basically stole his culture. everyone is a nerd now

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
No Falcon doesn't get the serum in the comics, but he really doesn't need it. He's got his own powers (Flight, ability to control birds) plus at this point he's an expert martial artist.

In the comics right now there are 3 different Captain America's (Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, and Danielle Cage from the future).

You can do that sort of thing in the comics because you have months or years to set it up and develop the story. There's time to get fans used to the idea. In the films you don't have that sort of time, because you really only have one film to sell the idea and there's no guarantee fans will buy it.

So the fans won't buy, Bucky Barnes becoming Captain America but some completely new a$$hole playing CAP won't be an issue? :heh:

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

You damn well know it was Edward Norton as Bruce Banner before Ruffalo :comeon:

Iron Man came out in 2008 and Rhodes/War Machine was played by Terrence Howard. The movie was a hit. Two years later Iron Man 2 came out and Rhodes/War Machine was played by Don Cheadle. Nobody had a problem because it was clearly the same character from the previous movie. In that same movie Tony Stark was dying and he let Rhodes take the suit. They didn't have him become "Iron Man" like he initially does but instead they went straight to "War Machine".