The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:dead: if they drop this tomorrow.

All I care about is Black Panther so Infinity War hasn’t really been on my radar but if Marvel/Disney were to drop this trailer tomorrow it would be the worst form of disrespect since Nas dropped Ether on Jay-Z’s Birthday...

shyt would be all time epic

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
All I care about is Black Panther so Infinity War hasn’t really been on my radar but if Marvel/Disney were to drop this trailer tomorrow it would be the worst form of disrespect since Nas dropped Ether on Jay-Z’s Birthday...

I always wondered if Jay woke up that day to his two way buzzing thinking people were wishing him happy birthday but instead were just asking him if he heard the new nas song. lol

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Prediction: Marvel pulls a Civil War and keeps everything low scale like that parking lot fight.

:mjlol: dude this war is gonna be fought on all continents for the infinity stones plus space. They got THANOS and THE BLACK GUARD and an entire minions to deal with...

People gonna surely die...:francis:

The black guard alone was giving avengers that work...:mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Marvel has a history of not being able to portray the comics onto big screen in their full glory. I won't be surprised if they do it again with Infinity War. All Marvel cares about is appealing to mindless families who just want comedy and fun (ex. Thor: Ragnarok)
Hmm . . . So you saw Thor Ragnarok?! How many other mindless family members did you go with?! lol
If The MCU isn't portraying comic book characters in their full glory, please tell me who is?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah I saw it and it was the worst Marvel movie I've ever seen. Marvel disgraced Thor and Hulk with that piece of shyt film. I don't see how your second question is relevant, Marvel still sucks at making serious movies... Maybe Thanos wont even be in the film, they might pull another Iron Man 2 :russ:
The worst huh? That's an opinion, just not a popular one. Have they ever even attempted a completely serious movie? How do you know they suck at it?
Yeah maybe, I guess we'll have to wait and see. And yes, you are included in the 'we'. Disney is thankful for your business. :mjgrin:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
The Justice League: Mortal movie they were planning in the mid/late 00's that had Common as Green Lantern, Arnie Hammer as Superman, DJ Cotrona as Batman, and I think Jessica Biel as Wonder Woman with George Miller directing.

Basically what happened is there was some friction between them attempting to launch this while Nolan was still cooking his trilogy. All these people were cast and director hired before TDK even came out. Nolan and Bale were kinda side-eying them, wanting them to wait until they were done cooking before launching another Batman in movies.

But then TDK dropped, crushed the buildings, changed how superhero movies were viewed across the board, and they fell back and decided to focus on individual properties. Then the next year Marvel kicked off Ironman and started building the universe and DC went from ahead of the game to WAY behind.
i thought that justice league movie died cause of the writers strike

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The Justice League: Mortal movie they were planning in the mid/late 00's that had Common as Green Lantern, Arnie Hammer as Superman, DJ Cotrona as Batman, and I think Jessica Biel as Wonder Woman with George Miller directing.

Basically what happened is there was some friction between them attempting to launch this while Nolan was still cooking his trilogy. All these people were cast and director hired before TDK even came out. Nolan and Bale were kinda side-eying them, wanting them to wait until they were done cooking before launching another Batman in movies.

But then TDK dropped, crushed the buildings, changed how superhero movies were viewed across the board, and they fell back and decided to focus on individual properties. Then the next year Marvel kicked off Ironman and started building the universe and DC went from ahead of the game to WAY behind.

i thought that justice league movie died cause of the writers strike

The Justice League Movie You Never Saw

both right

Why Didn't it Happen?
There are several reasons, some are creative, while others are just a question of beauracracy and economics. Timing was definitely a factor.

By some accounts, Justice League: Mortal was mere days away from filming, with Weta having built nearly everything from sets to props and costumes, with special effects pre-vis already set to go. I've exhausted myself trying to track down images of the costumes that Weta designed for this film, but there's very little out there other than some concept art which you can see below. By all accounts, they were rather remarkable. There's a fun video of Armie Hammer freaking out a little bit over how cool his Batman costume "with all the carbon fiber and mechanics and springs and pistons" on it (there's an appropriate story purpose for that stuff, by the way, Batman is injured and is wearing high tech arm and knee braces) would have looked.

Adam Brody remembers trying on an early version of the Flash costume. He told MTV that “It was kinda what you’d think, without [certain features]; it was the first, rough-draft version...We were in Australia for some table reads and fittings and whatnot for a few weeks with George Miller and his camp, and that was a great experience. I don’t regret a second of it; I had a really good time and a lot of positive things came from that.”

Our own Don Kaye had a chance to ask George Miller about why Justice League: Mortal had its plug pulled at the last minute. "Well," he began, "it's weird." We don't doubt it.

He did clarify things, though:

"There was a writers strike. There was some legislation with a tax rebate to make it in Australia. It was the first film that came up, and there was a debate about whether it was Australian content even though I was driving it. It didn’t have to be Australian content, but Australian control. But there was a board that no longer exists that the government cobbled together from people who knew nothing about the film industry. And they voted -- they struck it down by one vote. We were all ready. Once that happened and then the writers’ strike happened…it fell apart."

(you can and should read the rest of Don's interview with George Miller right here)

But there's always the lingering issue of whether Warner Bros. was comfortable having different versions of its own characters competing with each other for audience dollars. Superman Returns had opened in 2006 with Brandon Routh in the title role, and while it underperformed at the box office, a sequel had been penciled in for 2009. Smallville was in the middle of some of its most successful seasons. DJ Cotrona would have made the third live-action Superman vying for attention at the same time.

Adam Brody believed that Warner Bros. "just didn’t want to cross their streams with a whole bunch of Batmans in the universe and all the other reasons they didn’t make it." Justice League: Mortal would have been in production while the promotional machine for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight was in full gear, and with the third film in that Batman trilogy on the horizon, an "unassociated" Batman might not have been welcome. Meanwhile, the big screen Batman of the era, Christian Bale, seemed less than enthused by the whole affair, saying "It’d be better if it doesn’t tread on the toes of what we’re doing," and "it would be better if it comes out after Batman 3."

I also have to wonder how Christopher Nolan felt about the whole thing. By the time "Batman 3" (which we know as The Dark Knight Rises these days) was in production, Warner Bros. was already making impatient noises about competing with Marvel Studios' shared universe model, and that was a game that Mr. Nolan wasn't at all interested in playing with his Batman films.

So, now that the world has had a good dose of Mad Max: Fury Road, which appears antithetical to many of the traditional CGI-laden superhero movie aesthetics we've become accustomed to over the last few years, the question remains: would George Miller ever want to try again?

"I mean I’m a DC man," Mr. Miller told us. "Like a lot of these things, of course, they're deeply rooted in Greek mythology, and I’m very into mythology and so on. But I’ve got a lot of stuff on my plate and not enough time to do it. If it was something I’d be interested in…If I could do it so it felt fresh, that’s my biggest thing."

We suspect he could. Too bad he didn't get his chance with Justice League: Mortal.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

As funny as it would be, it actually wouldn't be in their best interest. I've followed social media reaction patterns long enough to know that half the discussion would end up being talk and memes about the act of Marvel dropping the trailer now as opposed to the trailer itself.

Thor 3 should still be the focus. Dropping the IW trailer now would make people move on from it. December is the perfect release date. It's going to be attached to SW which is probably going to make a billion.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

And thats how its SUPPOSED to be.

BP is the next movie coming out so you're on track.

The last thing Mouse would want you to do is over look the next thing for something further down the line.

No no no man.... BE HYPED for BP

Go see it next Feb breh...

Not just one time, not just 2, not 3, 4, or 5 but

giphy.gif

And then.... and ONLY THEN should you be ready for the hype and ready for A3... but you gotta crawl before you can walk

Martha