The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Oh yeah, forgot about that disaster.

They need to do a Flash movie with Flashpoint and reboot if JL underperforms.

I do think they rushed it as well, but I guess they didn't wanna be like Marvel in the way they did their build up. :yeshrug:
They were being greedy and rushing steps. They wanted Avengers money first to justify a bunch of Thors and Ant-Man's which makes sense, Disney is the only gang on Earth who have the financial security to plan a grand-scale, billion-dollar costing cinematic universe and be perfectly content to eat a bunch of modest hits to get to the big payoff.

DC just completely played themselves by not AT LEAST doing a Batman movie before a team up. And then played themselves even more by not letting the dust settle on new characters before doing JL. If they started production on JL today, being able to take in all the good and bad of the movies thus far, and especially source the towering success that was Wonder Woman as the heartbeat of the universe, they'd be in a real good spot to make a good film next year.

But instead, we don't have much faith in their movies because we know they make them before the criticism of the last failure or success could even be accounted for. So they're just going to make the same mistakes in perpetuity.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They were being greedy and rushing steps. They wanted Avengers money first to justify a bunch of Thors and Ant-Man's which makes sense, Disney is the only gang on Earth who have the financial security to plan a grand-scale, billion-dollar costing cinematic universe and be perfectly content to eat a bunch of modest hits to get to the big payoff.

DC just completely played themselves by not AT LEAST doing a Batman movie before a team up. And then played themselves even more by not letting the dust settle on new characters before doing JL. If they started production on JL today, being able to take in all the good and bad of the movies thus far, and especially source the towering success that was Wonder Woman as the heartbeat of the universe, they'd be in a real good spot to make a good film next year.

But instead, we don't have much faith in their movies because we know they make them before the criticism of the last failure or success could even be accounted for. So they're just going to make the same mistakes in perpetuity.

Don't even disagree.

The fact so many cats hated on MoS always bothered me because that was a GREAT flick. People wanting Reeves Supes and docking that movie because of it disgusted me.

100% agree on doing a Solo Bat movie first too. THEN, you do a BvS. Would have made much more sense to see how Ben got to where he was. You could have included Ledo's joker in it as the mastermind behind a main pawn villain or something along those lines. Then drop WW and JL1.

I still think it can be fixed, but too many agendas out there to even give Snyder's vision and universe a chance at this point.

WW is set and good
I fully expect Aquaman to be dope too.

Introduce the John Stewart GL and drop Cyborg to the Teen Titans. That way you still got your token black guy. :mjpls:

There's ways they can easily get back on track.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
I still think it can be fixed, but too many agendas out there to even give Snyder's vision and universe a chance at this point.

There's ways they can easily get back on track.
They can get on track, but I don't think it's crazy if people don't want to give Snyder's universe a chance. Luckily, they have a chance at a magic bullet with Flashpoint. After JL, They need to press pause on EVERYTHING and plot a new path with the logical steps that it seems everyone but them knows needs to be taken.

They need to let Ben go, he's miserable, has no excitement for the project anymore, and has absolutely not been the face of the universe they want/need a la RDS (and now arguably Chris Evans). I think the cast of SS was great though, and a new Batman film with the SS as the foils could be great (so much you can do with them as characters on the wrong side of good with deep, relatable character motivations), and offers up a great star v star vehicle with Will Smith in the fold.

But the problem is....they've already wrapped on Aquaman and who wants to bet all next year we're going to hear about reshoots for tonal shifts as they grasp at the straws of the JL critique? So even though I think James Wan is quality and I think he's super energetic about this movie, I have zero faith in the next 12 months that WB won't be on the phone like "MAKE IT MORE LIKE WONDER WOMAN WITH DUDES! :damn:" and "HE SAYS BRO TOO MUCH IN JL ELIMINATE ALL COLLOQUIAL TERMS OF ENDEARMENT BETWEEN FRIENDS!:damn:"

It's like when Peyton would be getting his offenses wig pushed back and he kept on running the no huddle, not letting his OC or his teammates even drink in what was happening and giving everyone time to digest and calculate a new approach, just continually calling audibles on the fly and always taking as many steps back as forward because of it.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
They leaked that shyt
This weekend is HUGE. It pretty much dictates whether or not DC gives up on their cinematic universe and reboots it. A 1-2 punch of a disappointing movie and an Avengers trailer would look like this

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Jards

All Star
Daps
This weekend is HUGE. It pretty much dictates whether or not DC gives up on their cinematic universe and reboots it. A 1-2 punch of a disappointing movie and an Avengers trailer would look like this

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Ever since DC tried to flex and move BvS to the Cap 3 release date Marvel have kept that boot on their neck lol

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the rumor now is the trailer not coming till early dec, closer to when star wars drops....still holding out hope it will be on jl....they've put trailers on each other movies before, and to me this would be a good time to do it again...

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
the rumor now is the trailer not coming till early dec, closer to when star wars drops....still holding out hope it will be on jl....they've put trailers on each other movies before, and to me this would be a good time to do it again...

I think if Ragnarok flopped, they would have but.... at this point Marvel has built enough equity to where they don't need to drop it now.