THE OFFICIAL Amir "King" Khan VS. Devon Alexander "The Great" THREAD 12/13 SHOWTIME

WHO WINS?

• KHAN By KO

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • KHAN By Decision

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • ALEXANDER By KO

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • ALEXANDER By Decision

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • DRAW

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
Amir Khan Says Chin is Tougher Than People Think
Posted by: Rick Reeno on 12/10/2014 .

By Rick Reeno

Former champion Amir Khan (29-3, 19KOs) believes the shift in weight to 147-pounds has done wonders for his punch resistance. There are still lingering questions marks regarding Khan's chin. He was stopped in two of his three career defeats and dropped in several other fights.

On Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Khan will collide with former two-division world champion Devon Alexander (26-2, 14KOs), who feels Khan's chin is not as sturdy as the British boxer believes.

"I've been hit by shots and put down by big punchers. Those have been big shots, whoever they hit I think they would have put down. But I always get up. One thing about me, I always get up from a knockdown. And that times that I did get caught with shots, I was off-balance, lunging in with my chin in the air, no defense and my position was wrong. [Trainer] Virgil [Hunter] has taught me, he's given me my position. He wants me to be in the right position when I throw a shot and when I finish my shot. I'm always going to be in balance," Khan said.

"And the weight has made a big difference, making. I'm sitting here at 151. I'm three pounds overweight. Now believe it or not, at this time [during a fight week] when I was 140, like the Garcia fight or the Maidana fight - I was at the same weight and had to drop down to 140. I had to lose ten pounds in a day and that affects you."

cutting weight will give you a glass jaw fellas :sas2:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Good thing he added the weight to shore up his fragile jaw.
What's he going to do to escape with the extra weight in his legs though?

HurryUpAndBuy

Rookie
Daps
ive been watching some khan and alexander fights the past couple of days.

khan is gonna get worked.. alexander has improved alot since his fight with tim and he shows tuffnes in his recent fights...

khan by decision or ko.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

Tjn96vi.gif

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin