Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I think it'll be even worse than that. Luffy's lifespan being shortened has been something Oda's hinted at for ages, ever since Gear 2nd.

My guess is, after this fight, we'll find out Luffy is dying and only has X number of months to live. So it'll be a race to find the One Piece before Luffy runs out of time.
I would hate for that to be the case. It would also be too cliché. It would cheapen it to me if he were to find One Piece then die. Sadly, you're probably right though.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man this still hasn’t ended what have I missed last time I read it they just got to the samurai island
Nothing happened.

FEUsr69WUAQbDww.jpg:large

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I liked the chapter but I just can't overlook Luffy being able to casually tank some ridiculous hits from Kaido just because he's awakened. Dude fed him a 3 piece in succession and Luffy is eating that joint like " :pachaha:shishishi whatever nika"
I feel like he is taking less damage in this form since he can kinda flow with the hits

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I liked the chapter but I just can't overlook Luffy being able to casually tank some ridiculous hits from Kaido just because he's awakened. Dude fed him a 3 piece in succession and Luffy is eating that joint like " :pachaha:shishishi whatever nika"
Yeah its crazy how he made a fight against one of the most dangerous creatures in the world, as well as some of his strongest attacks look mostly inconsequential. Not sure if that's a good thing :francis:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
No chapter this week?

Depends on what you mean by this week since chapters don't officially drop on Jump until Sunday (although the chapter usually leaks on Thursday or Friday).

But last week was the week off, there will be a chapter leaking this week/out on Sunday. There's already spoilers -

- Chapter 1048 : 20 Years
- Momonosuke keeps pushing Onigashima to avoid Luffy's attack.
- Kaidou transforms into a fire dragon, the technique is called "Great Flame Fire Dragon" (or something like that)
- His body touches Onigashima's horn that was still whole and melts it like butter.
- Luffy uses an attack called "Gomu Gomu no Bajrang Gun" (Monkey God Gun).
- Kaidou uses a new attack called "Shoryu: Kaen Hakke".

- The scene changes to the interior of the castle.
- There the samurai want Kaidou to be defeated.
- Kawamatsu remembers what happened after Oden's execution 20 years ago. A flashback begins.
- Kaido finds out that Oden has a son.
- Kaido goes for Momonosuke and eliminates all the townspeople who stand before him.
- We see how Oden's castle has burned down.

- The Wanokuni Daimyo band together to fight Kaidou and Orochi.
- We see a vignette of each Daimyo, they are Tonoyasu and the 3 samurai that Yamato met in the cave (including Shimotsuki Ushimaru).
- They are all defeated.
- They start enslaving people and the country falls apart.

- Back to the present, Orochi is still on fire.
- He tries to take Komurasaki with him.
- Denjiro arrives and cuts off Orochi's head.
- We see that the wishes of the people are already flying through the sky.
- "May Orochi disappear" or "I want to escape from this hell" are some of them.

- At the end of the chapter, Luffy and Kaido are about to confront their attacks.