Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
About to read 1046 but fukk yall nikkas im done with this shyt until further notice.

I just started Hunter X Hunter and the first bit is already goat status to me.

Killua>>>>>
HxH is ok. I gave it up when they had those Berserk long breaks and shytty art.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
A bit of a contradiction when OP has never been known for great art, it's the writing that hasn't let up. It's definitely not the best to look at, just like HxH.
One Piece isn't the best in terms of art but the HxH creator became sick and his wife was drawing for him at one point if I recall. It wasn't even close to the quality of what the manga normally looks like. Because of that and I wasn't feeling the storyline at the time I ended up dropping it.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
One Piece isn't the best in terms of art but the HxH creator became sick and his wife was drawing for him at one point if I recall. It wasn't even close to the quality of what the manga normally looks like. Because of that and I wasn't feeling the storyline at the time I ended up dropping it.
Togashi's health is one of the greatest crimes of all time. :francis:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
About to read 1046 but fukk yall nikkas im done with this shyt until further notice.

I just started Hunter X Hunter and the first bit is already goat status to me.

Killua>>>>>

Wait till you get to York New City...HxH is great from the start, but it hits another level after the Heaven's Arena arc. The dope part, is those are some of the first handful of arcs in it too.

He actually went back when they released as volumes and completely cleaned up all the sloppy art. So if you go back to those chapters (mainly the chimera ant arc), the artwork has been revamped and looks MUCH better. I better reading it as the chapters dropped and hating how that arc was such a mess, but it's the best arc of the entire manga now that it's completed and the art's been improved. I'd definitely suggest revisiting the manga, even if only for that one arc.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Togashi's health is one of the greatest crimes of all time. :francis:
I'm convinced that being a manga artist is just bad for your health. So many of them have to take extended break because of health issues.
Wait till you get to York New City...HxH is great from the start, but it hits another level after the Heaven's Arena arc. The dope part, is those are some of the first handful of arcs in it too.

He actually went back when they released as volumes and completely cleaned up all the sloppy art. So if you go back to those chapters (mainly the chimera ant arc), the artwork has been revamped and looks MUCH better. I better reading it as the chapters dropped and hating how that arc was such a mess, but it's the best arc of the entire manga now that it's completed and the art's been improved. I'd definitely suggest revisiting the manga, even if only for that one arc.
I will have to go back and give it another try then. I think a few of the things I'm reading are about to end. I was thinking of starting Solo Leveling but I may pick this up instead.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm convinced that being a manga artist is just bad for your health. So many of them have to take extended break because of health issues.

I will have to go back and give it another try then. I think a few of the things I'm reading are about to end. I was thinking of starting Solo Leveling but I may pick this up instead.

You can't go wrong with Solo Leveling. That's an easy one to fly through too, as one of the best recent joints from the manwha gang. HxH is frustrating since it probably won't ever reach a conclusion, but I would definitely say to revisit that chimera ant arc if you liked the earlier stuff. There's only one more completed arc after that one, and it works as a solid conclusion to the story. I wouldn't even start the arc after that, which has a ton of promise but is full of exposition dumps (I bet because of health issues again) and stopped in the middle for the longest hiatus in the manga's history. It's Vagabond status.

Falcozer

Superstar
Daps
Chapter was alright. Kinda seemed like a filler for the most part but I guess Oda needs to wrap up all the plots he set before concluding the fight. Wano need to end at some point.
It's cool to see Luffy a bit more like himself and not cartoon-like too, I hope the tom and jerry shyt is toned down for the next chapters :mjlol:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

It's not the job itself, it's the crazy hours they put in to release a chapter every week. They get burned out.
I remember an interview from Oda years ago where he said he usually gets 3-4 hours of sleep a night and only goes home to see his family like once a week. :francis: