Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not the job itself, it's the crazy hours they put in to release a chapter every week. They get burned out.
I remember an interview from Oda years ago where he said he usually gets 3-4 hours of sleep a night and only goes home to see his family like once a week. :francis:
I remember hearing his doctors told him stop crouching and sitting all day long you're gonna get diabetes. Ol work yourself to death ass.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Luffy grabbing lightning is just fukkin crazy:russ:

man and this is just him with just awakening his power:picard:

imagine what Luffy with whatever the One piece is gonna be:ohhh:

or Luffy when we find out what Will of D is:ohhh:

the fact luffy can do this Cartoony crazy stuff and have these feats is crazy and this is him not even at EoS yet

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
No one missed the fate foreshadowing :mjlol:. People are trying to figure out how that element is gonna be implemented.

im late replying to this post of yours(mainly cause i was banned) so im not gonna bother trying to argue. hell i skimmed most of your post.

guess we know now:mjgrin:

this chapter to has shown another huge hint of how Luffy is the reincarnation of Joy Boy

Oda is clearly statting it without saying it

The island whales
The sea kings
Shirley's prophecy
the fact that zoan fruits have their own mind, and the gomu has been escaping everyone until it got into Luffy's hands.(choosing him)
now Zunishas statement this chapter.

luffy is undoubtely joy boy reincarnated.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
fishmen karate is such a cool power source/power system in this series

that Oda needs to give us a fishmen karate based fight. I would like to see Jimbei fight another fishmen karate user who can use water heart techniques like him.

would be dope to see a Avatar like water bending fight.

but he might troll us with it just like he did with the Ninjutsu with Raizo vs Fuko:francis:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got this little hint i caught. Luffy is obvously inspired by the monkey king sun wukong we know this.
two things from the monkey king lore:
-He is weak to smoke, his bright eyes are sensitive to it (smoker in the beginning was shown as almost a natural enemy against luffy powers.
-The Budha subdued him. Under Sengoku the Buddha Luffy failed to save his brother. Maybe Sengoku's role has not yet ended. They both have a model of the human human fruit, both a mythical divine type.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
- Chapter 1,047: "The capital's sky".
- In the color spread, the Straw Hats are on the beach with dragon Momo
- we get a flashback in Oden burning castle, when Momo decided to travel to the future.
- Luffy uses "Gomu Gomu no Thunder"
- Kaido confirms Roger wasn't a devil fruit user. He also says that "abilities" are not necessary to dominate the world.
- Burning Orochi losses sea stone nail and transforms.
- Luffy creates a massive punch that's bigger than Onigashima's castle to attack Kaido

Break next week for Golden Week in Japan (no Jump next week).

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked the chapter but I just can't overlook Luffy being able to casually tank some ridiculous hits from Kaido just because he's awakened. Dude fed him a 3 piece in succession and Luffy is eating that joint like " :pachaha:shishishi whatever nika"
"AHAHAHAHA"

Doom dut daa daa

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
I liked the chapter but I just can't overlook Luffy being able to casually tank some ridiculous hits from Kaido just because he's awakened. Dude fed him a 3 piece in succession and Luffy is eating that joint like " :pachaha:shishishi whatever nika"
I'm sure there is going to be a major drawback to this form. I think the way his heart is beating might be shortening his lifespan

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm sure there is going to be a major drawback to this form. I think the way his heart is beating might be shortening his lifespan

I think it'll be even worse than that. Luffy's lifespan being shortened has been something Oda's hinted at for ages, ever since Gear 2nd.

My guess is, after this fight, we'll find out Luffy is dying and only has X number of months to live. So it'll be a race to find the One Piece before Luffy runs out of time.

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man this still hasn’t ended what have I missed last time I read it they just got to the samurai island