Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Idk, I feel like luffy's progressions is earned even if it's happening fast. H
- He honed his haki and trained for two years with the second in command to the greatest pirate that's ever lived. He learns Conquerer's Haki usage from one of the few masters of Conquerer's Haki alive.

- Then he unlocked Gear Fourth against one of the strongest Shichibukai possible and used the technique multiple times.

- Then he unlocked one of the strongest forms of observation Haki after fighting two Yonkou Commanders in short succession, and fighting an hours-long marathon against a head-commander. So he effectively learned Observation Haki mastery from one of the strongest Observation Haki users alive.

- Then he traveled to a country with so many powerful people that even the world government doesn't mess with 'em. He got a taste of fighting the strongest creature on the planet and immediately started physical training thanks to the seastone cuffs and prison labor.

- Then he meets one of Wano's strongest warriors (not anymore but only due to being starved and aging). That old man teaches him expertise in Armament Haki that seems like it's unique to Wano since Oden's the only person to hurt Kaido and the RYO-infused attacks of his disciples had impact.

- From there Luffy fights three times with the strongest creature alive and gets to perfect infusing Haki (including conquerer's) into his attacks against that monster.

So if we're keeping score. He learned Conquerer's Haki from one of the greatest users of Coquerer's Haki. He learned Observation Haki from one of the greatest users of Observation Haki. Next he mastered Armament Haki in the country that perfected it. Finally, he learned to combine everything he's learned in combat with the strongest opponent possible. It's fast progression, but it's merited. He learned some of the best uses of each form of Haki from some of the absolute masters of each form. He got to perfect each technique through repeated trial and error (with his others saving him from losing more than once between the Doflamingo, Cracker, Katakuri, and Kaido fights). Now he's got to put everything together to beat the strongest character we've seen.

I think it's fair. The toughest one to justify is how he survived the Katakuri fight. But the power-ups themselves feel like they were earned, especially after it was stated that Haki blooms in life or death situations.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Also...about Zunesha...yall think this is the equivalent of when Shirahoshi was able to call the Sea Kings for help? Like this would confirm Momo is another ancient weapon that could probably command other land creatures as well (I'm thinking the mountain god from the Oden flashback).

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Hate to be that nikka but this might be Oda going through some 'bleach' like writing phases. How is Luffy already emperor level. :unimpressed: im a luffy stan and all but his powering up as of lately has been a reach:francis:

Doflamingo, Katakuri now Kaido???

cmon-dude-cmon-man.gif

Come on Oda, make the growth and power scaling make sense like in water 7 and ennies lobbie man.:beli:

Oda doesn't know how to escalate Luffy's strength, He has him fighting folks that could one shot on him. Giving him fights he has to make actual effort to win, but not outside of his range would make it feel like shyt is actually earned. To the people saying, "Ohh he has to get stronger", you don't go 100-200 in 2 days.:mjlol:

Last edited:

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
unless oda is moving from pirates to fighting the WG or Blackbeard has some crazy strong shyt cooked up, an island ago luffy was having issues with big mom but through a relative small length of training he on par with what we know currently as the strongest character in the series, i personally am not a fan. what threat is out there that doesnt seem like an ass pull?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
unless oda is moving from pirates to fighting the WG or Blackbeard has some crazy strong shyt cooked up, an island ago luffy was having issues with big mom but through a relative small length of training he on par with what we know currently as the strongest character in the series, i personally am not a fan. what threat is out there that doesnt seem like an ass pull?

We're near the end of the series. Oda himself has pretty much said once Wano ends, the final arc starts.

So it makes sense for Luffy to be that strong now. After Kaido is most likely Blackbeard, Shanks, and the final war with the WG (Admirals, etc.) and then it's a wrap.

Luffy isn't far from being Pirate King at this point.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Luffy and the SH’s development is terrifying, especially the monster trio. They’ve only been on adventure for 2 years but are taking on powerhouses. Literally, the strongest the known world has to offer.

I wonder how Oda is going to handle the power scaling of the series after this arc is done??

If Luffy defeats Kaido, will he be declared “the strongest man in the world” for defeating “the strongest creature in the world” ? At 19??

Most fighting characters in OP don’t hit their physical primes until they’re 30+. Even in his old, dying age, Whitebeard was able to go toe to toe against an admiral, the strongest force of the Navy. And we can only assume that Akainu has grown stronger since their battle. And of course, Blackbeard collecting fruits and growing stronger. And we’ve yet to see the giants of Elbaf who are known to be Viking-like warriors or other potentially strong characters who are unknown. shyt is getting crazy.
All things considered, you gotta remember, they have hella help. No way they could stand against any of the established crews without teaming up with peers.
So if he does beat kaido, it would be a misnomer to call him the strongest man in the world because he likely wouldn’t be able to repeat the performance 1v1 for quite a while

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

He got 1 shotted twice. But now he essentially not using Gear, and using the same techniques, and doing fine. :mjlol: I'd be fine if he lost once, reallized Kaido had a obvious weakpoint, refined how he fights, and keep hammering. I'd also been fine, if Sanji, Zoro, Luffy fought Kaido together.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
All things considered, you gotta remember, they have hella help. No way they could stand against any of the established crews without teaming up with peers.
So if he does beat kaido, it would be a misnomer to call him the strongest man in the world because he likely wouldn’t be able to repeat the performance 1v1 for quite a while

Kaido's eaten the best attack from each one of Oden's retainers. Taken the best attacks from 5 of the Worst Generation. Fought head to head with Yamato. And KO'ed Luffy twice already. Luffy is gonna get the win, but it took a bunch of help to get him here. I wonder what Zunisha is about to do too...I think that development is crazy.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kaido's eaten the best attack from each one of Oden's retainers. Taken the best attacks from 5 of the Worst Generation. Fought head to head with Yamato. And KO'ed Luffy twice already. Luffy is gonna get the win, but it took a bunch of help to get him here. I wonder what Zunisha is about to do too...I think that development is crazy.
What you said remind of luffy fight with Donquixote Doflamingo and how he had alot of help with that fight.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That boy Kaido HP bar got like 100 different layers..look like Luffy finally at the last few :russ:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
- Chapter 1,038: "Kid & Law vs. Big Mom".
- On the cover, Niji and Yonji have been trapped by Big Mom in Mont d'Or creature's book.
- Raizou vs. Fukurokuju, both are burning but don't release their Jutsus.
- Chopper is worried about Zoro and the side effects of the Mink's medicine.
- In front of Zoro appears a skeleton with a large scythe (a shinigami).
- Izou defeated his enemies but CP0 appears. It seems that CP0 leave Izou aside because they have urgent matters to attend but Izou stops them.
- Yamato tries to stop the fire demon by attacking it directly.
- Kid & Law vs. Big Mom. At the beginning of this part, we see that Big Mom defeated them.
- Big Mom walks towards where Kaidou is, but Kid and Law attack her again.
- Kid and Law: "Listen, old bag!! Even if we die, we won't let you get to the roof!!!