Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm honestly struggling to imagine what Luffy's awakening would even be.

Turn the environment into rubber? Make his enemies stretchy like him? Doesn't seem like either would really be useful.

But Oda's creative and has had years to think about it, so I'm sure it'll be something good.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Turn the environment into rubber? Make his enemies stretchy like him? Doesn't seem like either would really be useful.

But Oda's creative and has had years to think about it, so I'm sure it'll be something good.

I've been thinking on this for a while now and really can't figure it out. One idea I toyed with back when "Zoro gets the final blow on Kaido" theories were popping was Luffy stretching his environment. Zoro with a monster sword and Luffy extending the range was a combo-attack that I was thinking of. But I don't think Zoro takes out Kaido. I just like the concept.

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
My concept for Luffys awakening is bein able to extend n contract the space around him kinda like Gojo from Jujutsu Kaiden but nowhere near as broken n a sprinkle of the Flying God technique. Basically he’d be able to change the buoyancy of objects

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
Am I the only that thinks Yamato might be the one to land the final blow on Big Mom?

Law and Kidd said their awakenings are last resort type of abilities, they are not going to have any stamina left. Big Mom is a yonkou, I doubt that would be enough to take her out. Law and Kidd are done and Yamato is entering the arena. I don't think Big Mom is just going to let her pass through to get to the basement.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Am I the only that thinks Yamato might be the one to land the final blow on Big Mom?

Law and Kidd said their awakenings are last resort type of abilities, they are not going to have any stamina left. Big Mom is a yonkou, I doubt that would be enough to take her out. Law and Kidd are done and Yamato is entering the arena. I don't think Big Mom is just going to let her pass through to get to the basement.

It would be extremely anticlimactic (and take away from Law/Kidd) if Yamato randomly entered the room and finished her.

Personally I think Luffy will beat her at some point after beating Kaido (not necessarily in Elbaf, it could happen at the very end of Wano). He's been owing her an asswhooping since FIshman Island after all.

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
It would be extremely anticlimactic (and take away from Law/Kidd) if Yamato randomly entered the room and finished her.

Personally I think Luffy will beat her at some point after beating Kaido (not necessarily in Elbaf, it could happen at the very end of Wano). He's been owing her an asswhooping since FIshman Island after all.
I never thought Law and Kidd were going to beat her. Them weakening her enough for Yamato to fight her and beat BM makes more sense then those to beating her.

Luffy should be done after Kaido and Big Mom chasing the SH again? I would like her storyline to end her.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I could see a case where law and kidd get the KO, but Big Mom comes back in hunger-rage and starts going after everyone indiscriminately...I wonder what's going on with her crew too.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I could see a case where law and kidd get the KO, but Big Mom comes back in hunger-rage and starts going after everyone indiscriminately...I wonder what's going on with her crew too.
Yep, I think she is going to go into a rage and they are going to have to switch from fighting her to trying to mitigate how many people she kills.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps

Yo, when I first started watching this I'm like this nikkas power is rubber? :mjlol:

But I shouldn't have doubted Oda-sensei :wow:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yo, when I first started watching this I'm like this nikkas power is rubber? :mjlol:

But I shouldn't have doubted Oda-sensei :wow:
The best I could think of is something like Sebastian Shaw’s power from X-Men. His ability is to absorb damage and reuse it to go faster or hit harder. You know the saying I’m rubber, you’re glue…

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

break next week

Yea, they're not taking down Big Mom.

I bet he actually saved the women he believes he attacked.

I wonder if he really destroyed the raid suit.

Damn. That conversation with Zoro. :wow:

Sounds like a crazy chapter.