Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
From what I gathered. In terms of CoA. There is Koka (Hardening). Emission (Barrier). Internal Destruction. Koka is the most common and available to most fighters. Emission has been utilized by Admirals, Kuja, Rayleigh and Scabbards. Its the haki used to "coat" projectile attacks. Internal Damage as per Kaido's confrontations have all been limited to CoC wielders - Roger, Rox, WB, Oden, Shanks and now Luffy. This means other Conquerors are liable to use the technique (Ray is proof). Furthermore, Internal Destruction is only achievable through combining Emission and Conquerors. As it stands Kaido can be injured with all variants but his fruit auto-heals. However, due to the nature of Internal Damage, his wounds are more permanent. It explains how Oden wounded him. And why even though the scabbards came close, all feel short. None of them had it in them. All the more reason Kaido believes Zoro possess CoC. As nothing short of that would permanently wound him. As another CoC user Kid needs to show up and out against Linlin. Luffy is asking Zoro and Law to head back. Kid is running around like the trashman.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Marco has to be there for some reason, and i dont see him leaving alive. Oda said this war will rival Marineford, and imo that means someone is going to bite the dust. The phoenix is known for resurrection not just quick heal and im thinking the ultimate ability of that fruit is to resurrect someone or a group or people. IMO he wouldnt have used that in Marineford because it would have been pointless because its no good to bring Ace or Whitebeard back alive if Akainu, Blackbeard, and the other admirals are just going to kill them again, and as 1st mate it became his job to lead the Whitebeard pirates away from there with Luffy safely. Plus Whitebeard was at the end of his life and probably told Marco to never use that shyt on him. He going to bet his life on the Strawhats and Samurai and do a mass heal on them but in doing so sacrifice his own life.

If the phoenix ability didnt have a major element in this part of the story Oda could have sent Flowers Vista instead of Marco since he its a swordsman and may have been interested in the samurai.

I could definitely see that happening but I'm hoping for a more robust interaction between Luffy and Marco which I don't think this scenario would allow for...so I hope you're wrong but that makes a lot of sense.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
A lot of people hate Big Mom but she's always funny as hell to me.

To be honest I think Big Mom might low key be a better villain than Kaido so far :yeshrug:

Her powers are more interesting, she has more backstory/character development, and arguably has a better crew (Katakuri>King in any case). Kaido is just kind of a generic thug.

That said, if we get a decent Kaido flashback I might change my mind :manny: dude needs more backstory than he has right now.