Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
i personally dont like OP youtubers because they twist and turn aspects and focuses on the series to try to push their bullshyt theories like what he did here in the vid.

i liked a few of his videos, like that one vid focusing on how fantastical One piece is. But honestly looking at him now nah, hes like the others
def not like the others at all theres some wild ass videos some people have made lmao but hes pretty centered imo n theories gon have to go off of what we've seen in the story so he cant avoid that, at least he is very sensible in what he pushes or finds fault in

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Kaido out here getting his ass beat :wtf:

This is the equivalent of Pain invading Konoha and getting his ass beat by Kakashi and Tsunade before Naruto even got there. :dead:

It's like Krillin, Gohan, and Piccolo beating Vegeta and Nappa's ass before Goku got back :dead:
lol, we haven't even seen Kaido's hybrid form yet. His dragon form is huge and lacks mobility, If he starts taking this fight seriously (and I think after this wound he will) we're going to see how long the Scabbards will last.

And the way Oda casually inserted Carrot vs Perospero into the fold is just :wow:

With all the different shyt going down in Wano it's so easy to forget the bad blood between some characters. That definitely means Luffy will have to put hands on both Big Mom and Kaido, no other way around it.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
this video has some flaws

most obvious being @11:00 and his whole "villians in op dont get what they want"

Actually... they do, they just dont get the exact desire they want when we met them in their arc as a antagonist

villians in op get redeemed, or get things they want just not the one we knew they wanted in their arc about them.

like dofla's desire will be meet that marejois and WG will fall it just wont be seen by him so yes he got what he wanted just not 1:1 to his initial desire.

same is the case with Buggy and all his accomplishments, or Enel who is now leading a army of aliens, etc

the point is antagonist DO get what they want just not what they INITIALLY desired or EXACTLY what they wanted

Kaido not getting a WB type death doesnt mean he wont die, it just means he wont get revered as WB, Oden, or Roger. This is not a black or white situation. this is a gray one

and in which case he will likely die but with a whole different meaning and impact than what WB or oden had

Kaido probably won't die simply because it's One Piece. When was the last time Oda actually killed a villain?

Everybody on Big Mom's crew is still alive, Doffy is still alive, Caesar is still alive, Hody is still alive, everybody Luffy fought in the war is still alive, Magellan is still alive, Moria is still alive, the former CP9 members are still alive, Enel is still alive, Croc is still alive, Wapol is still alive, Arlong is still alive, all the East Blue villains are still alive, etc. Actually killing off villains just isn't Oda's thing.

I can't think of any important antagonist that's dead.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
His prediction makes a lot of sense. Kaido wants to die a glorious death so it probably won't happen for him.

I think Morj and Grand Line Reviews are the two OP youtubers that lay out the best cases for their predictions. I've been toying with the idea of Jack at the bottom of the ocean image being a foreshadowing for Kaido's fate, but it's just a thought.

A lot of the theorists, Morj included, have come to an idea that the Strawhats will lose in Wano though and I don't really like that one. They've been separated too long to have their first arc reunited be a failure. I know the arc has been compared to Water 7 with Enies Lobby following right after but idk...I feel like part of the reason for the past couple of arcs where Luffy got wins but sorta handicapped ones was to show how important his crew is to winning.

First Luffy worked back to his crewmates. Then they had to work split in two against major foes. Half the crew beats Doflamingo, Half the crew succeeds in Wholecake (rescue Sanji) and now the whole crew unites to defeat a yonko. That feels earned, especially with the upgrades and struggles. These cats spent two years powering up after Luffy's biggest failure and they finally get fully united with a chance to show all of their upgrades; just to take an L? I hope not.

Maybe Orochi actually coming back will change my outlook. I did think it was interesting that Shinobu and Yamato got a quick reminder look.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think Morj and Grand Line Reviews are the two OP youtubers that lay out the best cases for their predictions. I've been toying with the idea of Jack at the bottom of the ocean image being a foreshadowing for Kaido's fate, but it's just a thought.

A lot of the theorists, Morj included, have come to an idea that the Strawhats will lose in Wano though and I don't really like that one. They've been separated too long to have their first arc reunited be a failure. I know the arc has been compared to Water 7 with Enies Lobby following right after but idk...I feel like part of the reason for the past couple of arcs where Luffy got wins but sorta handicapped ones was to show how important his crew is to winning.

First Luffy worked back to his crewmates. Then they had to work split in two against major foes. Half the crew beats Doflamingo, Half the crew succeeds in Wholecake (rescue Sanji) and now the whole crew unites to defeat a yonko. That feels earned, especially with the upgrades and struggles. These cats spent two years powering up after Luffy's biggest failure and they finally get fully united with a chance to show all of their upgrades; just to take an L? I hope not.

Maybe Orochi actually coming back will change my outlook. I did think it was interesting that Shinobu and Yamato got a quick reminder look.

There's no way the Straw Hats lose in Wano.

Oda said he wants to wrap up the story in five years and there are lots of plot threads besides Kaido/Big Mom to deal with, so it's very likely that Oda will finish up their plots here. Right now we're in Act 3 and my understanding is that Kabuki plays usually end Act 3 with something tragic happening. Act 4 is the climax and Act 5 is usually a short epilogue. So I can see the SH taking an L at the end of this Act, but they'll come back.

They probably won't die, but Wano is definitely going to end with Luffy's foot up both Kaido and Big Mom's ass. They're both taking Ls when it's said and done.

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY

the reason so much believe the strawhats will lose is because Wano is followin Kabuki theater n act 3 usually ends in tragedy as well as the strawhats not having as much emotionally invested as previous arcs. i think its possible that the big tragedy is the death of the scabbards but the failure of the whole alliance would hit harder for me but shyt Wano has been the most unpredictable One Piece arc ever so who knows what Oda will do :ehh:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Kaido out here getting his ass beat :wtf:

This is the equivalent of Pain invading Konoha and getting his ass beat by Kakashi and Tsunade before Naruto even got there. :dead:

It's like Krillin, Gohan, and Piccolo beating Vegeta and Nappa's ass before Goku got back :dead:

Just smile and enjoy the show. :mjlol: This manga don't abide any actual scaling.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Well lets bring up the inevitable conversation

Jinbe snatching that #3 spot :wow:
I can't see that happening. They have been pumping them up as the big three for too long just to have Jinbe come in and snatch a spot. Sanji does need to show me something though. Am I the only one who thinks Kaido survives the festival and this arc has a ways to go?

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I can't see that happening. They have been pumping them up as the big three for too long just to have Jinbe come in and snatch a spot. Sanji does need to show me something though. Am I the only one who thinks Kaido survives the festival and this arc has a ways to go?
Nope I think Kaido handles Luffy n whoever else comes up wit him :yeshrug: when Luffy comes back to spin the block tho :shaq: :mjgrin: we gon be eating dragon oden

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Queen is smart as hell for havin all these crazy inventions n a damn gatling gun, im so interested to see who he fights n how his hybrid form looks. King doin the vice captain duties yet again :ohlawd:, Yamato vs Sasaki is not what I saw coming but ay thats interesting. Luffy jus wanna scrap wit everybody :dead:. Kaido had enough fukkin games n is takin left arms like the lord of the coast did Shanks :ooh:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All Sanji has on him is tradition. Duke been soft as baby shyt since timeskip. He the only one out here taking semi Ls to Shibukai subordinates like Vergo or whole Ls to actual Shibukai like Doffy. Well Jinbe a Shibukai too :manny:

This chapter illustrated it quite plainly with Jinbe oneshotting fodder that sanji struggled with.

Dude been a jobber post timeskip and he deserves it :scust: Simp ass nikka dont even talk about all blue no more, he only focused on getting his ass whipped to save hoes.

His conviction is too weak, that's why Zoro lapped him :mjlit:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
All Sanji has on him is tradition. Duke been soft as baby shyt since timeskip. He the only one out here taking semi Ls to Shibukai subordinates like Vergo or whole Ls to actual Shibukai like Doffy. Well Jinbe a Shibukai too :manny:

This chapter illustrated it quite plainly with Jinbe oneshotting fodder that sanji struggled with.

Dude been a jobber post timeskip and he deserves it :scust: Simp ass nikka dont even talk about all blue no more, he only focused on getting his ass whipped to save hoes.

His conviction is too weak, that's why Zoro lapped him :mjlit:

:mjgrin: Zoro definitely >>> Sanji

But I'll give him the benefit here. No raid suit in this chapter.