Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Take yall bets, who getting offed?

Im going with Kinemon

For the love of god please dont take Neko

I'm not reading the spoilers, but I've been speculating for awhile that either...

Kinemon or Law will be dead by the end of the Wano arc.
Kinemon's death would force Momo to man up a little and be more of a leader, which would be fitting because we need to see him make some progress towards filling the shoes of his pops. On top of that, Kinemon is a character who's been travelling with the Strawhats for a long time now. Also, another poster mentioned that he's gotta meet Hiyori and that Oda wouldn't kill off a kid like that (outside of a flashback).

Law is a dope character, but something has to happen to him. He's too tight with Luffy and the strawhats at this point.
I don't think he's going to betray Luffy this far in, because what would have been the point of Law saving Luffy in Marineford? Not to mention that Luffy helped take down Law's nemesis, Doflamingo.
On the other hand, his death would likely motivate the rest of Law's crew to side with Luffy to get revenge against Kaido and his ilk. Maybe they'll join the grand fleet? I know I'm reaching on that one.

These two deaths would be the biggest gut-punches, especially if Oda is going to top Marineford. Killing off a character we just met wouldn't have the same impact.

One of my few genuine complaints with One Piece since the timeskip is that the other Strawhats besides Luffy aren't getting enough shine since there are so many other characters running around.
---

Okay, let me take it back for a minute.
I'm still re-reading the manga (from Alabasta), and now I'm in Skypiea.

* Someone mentioned earlier that Sanji used an alias called Mr. Prince in Alabasta, which would eventually pay off in Whole Cake Island, where he was revealed to be an actual prince.

* First of all, Mr. 2 Bon Kurei is such a well-written character. :banderas:

He starts off as a friend, is revealed to be an enemy, but becomes a friend for real by sacrificing himself to the marines to cover the Strawhats' escape at the end.
He isn't' with them for long, but he makes an impact, which is consistent with what he said when we first meet him: "Friendship isn't determined by how much time you've spent together".
LcH0U-ClDdNWzkX5aMzKqD4e8aLZaQXjzgjAt-8p5BQsEDA_nwPL3zgAss4GcrVvUqLFA0LvdaW93Fuq7gG7qJ8A7qazvw-CoHXv-DS6_7tW0Mb7tDfEl3o5TNDgKe-BMzQR

He's basically the walking embodiment of one of One Piece's core themes. This point is hammered home even further when you consider that Vivi is friends for life with the Strawhats even though she didn't stay with them for long. The parallels :whoo:

* When Nico Robin first appeared (as Miss All-Sunday), the whole crew confronted her, including Sanji). Fast-forward to Alabasta, and Baroque Works doesn't even know that Sanji exists. This means Robin never told BW about the rest of the strawhats. In that light, it makes sense that she would save Luffy after his loss to Crocodile to lie to Crocodile about the true meaning of the Alabasta poneglyphs. She was never on their side to begin with.

* These last few arcs also have seen a lot of comments from several characters that the Going Merry is in bad shape, setting up for the events of the Water 7 arc.

* The Jaya arc in particular is :wow: with its foreshadowing since it's the first arc to really establish the great powers (Marines, Warlords, Emperors). What really gets me is the scene with the Government meeting up with Kuma and Doflamingo for the first time, until one of Blackbeard's crewmates shows up to recommend that he replace Crocodile's spot in the Warlords (after Luffy washed him).
This basically sets up the reveal that Blackbeard was the dude that Luffy ran into in the bar back in Jaya. The same guy that Ace was hunting down back in Alabasta. :leon:

They set Blackbeard up to be this real goofy character, until he turns on the strawhats, trying to kill Luffy after everyone finds out Luffy's bounty went up. Only a well-timed trip to Skypiea managed to save the strawhats.

What's even crazier is that around this same time, Shanks sent one of his guys to convince Whitebeard to call off Ace's search for Blackbeard before things got ugly. You can already see Oda planting those seeds for the Marineford war, 300 chapters in advance :banderas:

(And isn't it ironic that both Doflamingo and Bellamy would make their debut in the same arc?)

EDIT: Another piece of Robin foreshadowing... When she saved Luffy after his first loss to Crocodile, Robin expresses interest in the Will of D.

When we finally learn about Robin's past, we find out that the giant Jaguar D. Saul was her only friend and sacrificed his life to save her from the buster call.
The reason she saved Luffy and asked him about Will of D was because only real friend she ever had in life was also a part of the Will of D. :ohhh:
Investigating the Will of D is Robin's way of lowkey pouring some out for Jaguar D. Saul. :mjcry:

Last edited:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
DAWGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THIS CHAPTER WAS LIT

Everything is now set in motion for the brazy all out war.. Luffy and Yamato are here, the samurai are here. ZoGAWD, Law and Kidd are here the rest of the SH on their way. Marco about to land in

WE IN THE ENDGAME NOW :wow:

lets gooooooooooooooooooooo

turned that boy kaido into vision, getting poked up like a pin cushion

FUCCIN MOMO ''MY NAME IS MY NAME'' KOZUKI :wow:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Alliance about to get they ass kicked. Oda took Marco out the picture because he didnt want him involved in a loss here. Something is going to happen where they end up fighting Kaido in the Flower Capital.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Did Luffy just use awakening?
Looks like he turned Yamatos cuffs to rubber :lupe:

When's Momo gunna use that shout tho
No, he used the Armament Haki that allows him to break object from within. The sound effect in the panel is a crunch which confirms it. It's the same Haki he used in Udon to break the explosive collars, except then he did it on instinct and now he did it with control. It means Luffy has mastered the technique. It actually goes back to Sabaody where Rayleigh used the same technique on Caimie.

D2NGLKcXgAEJJue.jpg

In short, Luffy's Haki is approaching Rayleigh's level. :wow:

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No, he used the Armament Haki that allows him to break object from within. The sound effect in the panel is a crunch which confirms it. It's the same Haki he used in Udon to break the explosive collars, except then he did it on instinct and now he did it with control. It means Luffy has mastered the technique. It actually goes back to Sabaody where Rayleigh used the same technique on Caimie.

D2NGLKcXgAEJJue.jpg

In short, Luffy's Haki is approaching Rayleigh's level. :wow:

Bringing freedom to pirates...
got too excited about awakening, when he's still learning this new Haki technique. next arc or two...