Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Got some sad news brehs. Oda has recently confirmed that One Piece is about 80% done -

Eiichiro Oda Reveals How Close 'One Piece' Is to Completion

Hate it has to end, but I guess nothing lasts forever. :wow:

So that means at most probably another 5 or 6 years. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, because I think once it's over, it's over. Doubt Oda will care to do any spinoff or anything like that, he puts all his ideas into the actual manga.

With the way Oda's team miscalculates how far they are through a single arc, I'd stretch the estimate even longer.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
With the way Oda's team miscalculates how far they are through a single arc, I'd stretch the estimate even longer.

You may be right. But at the same time, this manga's been going for ages (it started in 97') and Oda isn't getting any younger (not to mention he's a workaholic chain smoker who gets like 3-4 hours of sleep a night), so I'm sure he wants to make sure he finishes it before his health becomes an issue.

Not trying to be negative, but I'm just saying :hubie:can't live that lifestyle forever

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
If Zoro gets that sword, I think someone else will get Ryuma's sword

That way, he'll have Kuina's sword and the two cursed swords

If that happens, he'll continue to use Kuina's sword for his mouth and have a cursed sword in each hand

I think at the end of this arc out of respect to Wano and the samurai, ZoGAWD lays Ryuma’s sword at his grave, remember it was stolen. Then he gets the new sword from Luffy to replace it

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think at the end of this arc out of respect to Wano and the samurai, ZoGAWD lays Ryuma’s sword at his grave, remember it was stolen. Then he gets the new sword from Luffy to replace it

That tengu (or masked man) said he's a swordsmith too. I'm wondering if Zoro will end up with a freshly forged sword or it could be a way to upgrade his childhood friend's sword (sword breaks and then gets reforged).

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I don't think zoro is going to keep both cursed swords because they are from the same family. You notice Luffy said he thought the name of the sword sounded familiar, well that's because Zoro's current cursed sword is from the same maker. Zoro has the Skillful version of the sword while Luffy currently has the Great grade. That old bald guy from the 5 Elders looks to have the Supreme grade.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Nah

You dont remember when he had nami whole village face palming when he was swinging johnny and yosaku's swords at arlong looking like a damn drunk
That was before Rayleigh trained him for 2 years :ufdup:

It'd be cool as fukk if he knows some of the basics of swordplay. I always thought Luffy should have a base weapon like a stick or something like Sabo does with his pipe :pachaha:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
That tengu (or masked man) said he's a swordsmith too. I'm wondering if Zoro will end up with a freshly forged sword or it could be a way to upgrade his childhood friend's sword (sword breaks and then gets reforged).

that'll be dope if he forges Zoro his OWN personal supreme grade sword at the end of the arc to use against Kaido or BM or even the final war :wow:

or maybe some legendary grade sword where he uses his life force to make it and Zoro is the only one in the world with this level :wow:

man this arc could go anways and it'll come of epic

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Got some sad news brehs. Oda has recently confirmed that One Piece is about 80% done -

Eiichiro Oda Reveals How Close 'One Piece' Is to Completion

Hate it has to end, but I guess nothing lasts forever. :wow:

So that means at most probably another 5 or 6 years. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, because I think once it's over, it's over. Doubt Oda will care to do any spinoff or anything like that, he puts all his ideas into the actual manga.
its not really "sad"(because we still got alot left) nor is it really miscalculated

I think at this point we should realize Oda says this stuff not to say how long the series got in chapters/or years. But in major points/stages of the series

The series is undoubtely gonna go another 400+ chapters. Wano is gonna go 150 at the least and you know future arcs are gonna be as long if not longer like say Final war arcs. Plus it will go on for another 9-10+ years(Wano taking up 3-4 years).

I think it means more like this

80%-90%= fighting the Yonkou and getting to the One Piece by getting the Poneglyphs + whatever extras he has in store at this point

90%-100% = The final stages such as finding One Piece, learning about everything with the history and fighting the WG and Imusama + whatever extras he has in store at this point

I think this is what he means

factoring all this in, the series is easily going another 10 years. Wano by itself is gonna take a MF while.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
that'll be dope if he forges Zoro his OWN personal supreme grade sword at the end of the arc to use against Kaido or BM or even the final war :wow:

or maybe some legendary grade sword where he uses his life force to make it and Zoro is the only one in the world with this level :wow:

man this arc could go anways and it'll come of epic
this def is a possibility

there also seems to be some spiritual energy(demon energy zoro has?) that is pored into the sword. Or maybe the demonic spirits choose the swords themselves

either way this gon be fun to discover:ehh:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Was at my cousin's, and they watched justice league
I don't mess with superhero stuff, but I payed attention somewhat
Anyways when they got to that Cyborg guy, and showed his abilities. I immediately thought of Franky.

Thought to myself Perhaps a powerup he can have is that he hacks into technology like Cyborg.

Although Den Den mushi, isn't really a technology. Or even a specifically a mechanical tech. There is some machine stuff to it. To where Franky can use it to hack:yeshrug:

Just thought of this .consi consid each SH is on there way of mastering something

Ex:
Brook- sick, afterlife, and supernatural etc
Franky- Shipwright, sci-fi, tech, inventions etc

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
So much to take from this chap

Cool showing Zoros ability again to sense the spirit of Swords

We're gonna be seeing that alot

Hawkins powers r crazy, his straw ability + Cartomancy magic has potential for craziness

I think there was a Ninja in Hawkins group, so even some Ninja working for him huh?